We are at gravelines , unbelievable! (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Here we are at our old faithful, never seen the like , only us and one other Brit van, deserted
IMG_20170627_161056.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
with view like that is it any wonder :LOL::LOL:

only joking, but we were there with only one other a dutch MH, but it was February (y)

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
There is a circus parked opposite the new grassy bit. Wondered if folk were avoiding that!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I suspect 'normal' prices in the bars and restaurant
Unlike Honfleur

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
€7

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been to this pmu bar everytime we have been to France nearly every time in and out, we are almost regulars here(y):)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am green with envy. I guess St Omer holds a certain magic with a glass of (What?) on the table in front of you.
I cannot resist heading south all the time, perhaps we should stop and have a look further north as you seem to do..
Enjoy all.
It's st Omer ruby , common round here but not so much further south

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hiya, didn't know you were on here. How did you first trip 'à la français' go? xx
Wow, small world:D

We absolutely loved it and can't wait to return, so different to touring here in the UK. I'll send you the link to Track my tour so you can see where we went and what we got up to.

Hope you've had a lovely trip and have safe journey home.

Looking forward to catching up with you very soon. xx

P.S. apologies to all for taking this off topic;)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Wow, small world:D

We absolutely loved it and can't wait to return, so different to touring here in the UK. I'll send you the link to Track my tour so you can see where we went and what we got up to.

Hope you've had a lovely trip and have safe journey home.

Looking forward to catching up with you very soon. xx

P.S. apologies to all for taking this off topic;)
No worries, if you have seen some of my other threads you will see most of my posts are never on topic(y):)
Perhaps Makes them all the more interesting:)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Free Aire-water sports centre-Gravelines?
Where is it, can't think where a the water sports centre is?
Can you enlighten me please? Thanks.
As you come into Gravelines from the A16 from Calais at the 1st traffic lights turn right then right again after about 400M as you drive into the Water Sports centre turn right drive down to the 3rd car park, marked for Motorhomes. It's nice and quite, no facilities but free.
Coordinates N50.970820 E2.130640

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
We were,nt too happy about staying on our normal spot on the CALAIS marina as officially the Aire has now closed so we went along to Gravelines on this sunday.Thought it was great so got our ticket and went for a walk but found none of the restaurants were open on Sunday evening so we gave our ticket to a fellow brit and went back to Calais,had a great meal and climbed into bed.I had indigestion(serves me right)so couldn't sleep!I heard voices outside then next thing I knew someone was trying to break in!I jumped out of bed and shouted and they scarpered,but we didn't get back to sleep again.We have been staying on the Marina for years but I would be wary of staying there again.I have been told that the local authorities are moving campers on from the Marina now there is now a new Aire but it is a fair walk to the town for old folks like us!!!We dove past there and there were only a handful of Campers on it so it isn't going to be as popular as the Sea front and Marina Aires were.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We were,nt too happy about staying on our normal spot on the CALAIS marina as officially the Aire has now closed so we went along to Gravelines on this sunday.Thought it was great so got our ticket and went for a walk but found none of the restaurants were open on Sunday evening so we gave our ticket to a fellow brit and went back to Calais,had a great meal and climbed into bed.I had indigestion(serves me right)so couldn't sleep!I heard voices outside then next thing I knew someone was trying to break in!I jumped out of bed and shouted and they scarpered,but we didn't get back to sleep again.We have been staying on the Marina for years but I would be wary of staying there again.I have been told that the local authorities are moving campers on from the Marina now there is now a new Aire but it is a fair walk to the town for old folks like us!!!We dove past there and there were only a handful of Campers on it so it isn't going to be as popular as the Sea front and Marina Aires were.
I have said this before many times, the restaurant to go to is over the other side of the water, open every day except mondays in the winter, au cap compass, in there last night, take no notice of trip adviser, they had a sad time last year as the proprietor died but his wife has took over and it was packed.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
No worries, if you have seen some of my other threads you will see most of my posts are never on topic(y):)
Perhaps Makes them all the more interesting:)
Ditto for me I love the gossip / chit chat!!

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
When you say the other side of the water,is it in walking distance of the Aire?Would like to stay next time at Gravelines but we do like to have an evening meal on our late night before going home!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When you say the other side of the water,is it in walking distance of the Aire?Would like to stay next time at Gravelines but we do like to have an evening meal on our late night before going home!
Yes you can see it across the water to the left, but you have to walk back to the bridge and up the other side of the boats, towards Lidl if you know where that is

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back