Waxoyl, what do you use to apply it ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
It's about time for another coating of Waxoyl under the MH. I'm just wondering if anyone has a miracle applicator which sprays waxoyl reliably and consistently ? All the ones I have tried are less than satisfactory.

I'd also love to find a tube applicator which will deliver a spray of waxoyl into chassis members.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I use a Schutz(?) gun with a compressor. This has a plastic tube extension for spraying inside cavities. I use an old Dynitrol container which I fill with Waxoyl. It is messy which ever way you do it!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
As Steven says, use a Schultz gum. Beware, it’s a really messy job. Haven’t done the MH, but used to do the chassis etc on my old Land Rover years ago. Get yourself a big box’s of disposable gloves.
Good Luck

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I used a garden spray but 2 important facts to add, if you are spraying inside box sections or cavities add 20% white spirit or 10% otherwise. Warm it up in a bath of boiling water. Expect a stench if you dilute it. Spread plenty of paper on floor to soak up overspray/ drips. beware it will desolve tarmac.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I bought a proper kit for spraying rust proofing when I had access to a compressor and a vehicle lift. As others have said I slightly diluted the Waxoil with white spirit for the cavities. The white spirit will evaporate in time.
At home I find it easier to use the Bilt Hamber spray cans. There cavity spray is thinner allowing it to creep into all the cavities.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Learning to appreciate what time we have left
Buy It in an a Aerosol and apply it as described........done it ever year on all the trucks we have owned.
Yet to have it fail to be honest? Seriously good stuff when applied correctly. We have not failed an habitation test yet with damp.

Kev

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Lanoguard which is a little dearer comes attachments and very easy worked with.

OP
OP
Sandancers
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Lanoguard which is a little dearer comes attachments and very easy worked with.

Yeah, but I have a tin of waxoyl in the garage.......................................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks to the OP for opening this post, its a job that we all would like to do, its getting access to a ramp or a tunnel as that would make things a lot easier than lying flat on my back under a jacked up van with axel stands etc.
I found a you tube video, from this guy with a MH, he is using several tins of waxoil, black & clear, but I am sure there will be a better way of applying this stuff somehow?:unsure: Have to take his word that he managed to fully penetrate all of the chassis members, again not so sure on that.
Waxoil at £ 8/9 per spray tin aint so cheap
Maybe this LanoGuard is a better option
Just fast skip through the van washing bits, I did.:giggle:
LES

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Don't get Waxoyl too hot or it seems to loose some of its characteristics when it cools. I had some go almost solid after I'd had it very hot.

I've got one of Broken Link Removed with a compressor but they are expensive! It does make the job easy and efficient especially for injecting into hollow body/chassis sections.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back