Water Hose warning (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Billingham UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Don’t ever use the hose pipes that are already connected to the taps on sites.
I watched a French guy on Honfluer stick the end of the hose pipe into his toilet tank spout to wash it out.
Always use your own

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I watched a French guy on Honfluer stick the end of the hose pipe into his toilet tank spout to wash it out.
Always use your own
Honfluer has some of the worst water tap stations that we have ever come across , it's a mystery which one is for what, for the size of it and the cost you would think they could improve them.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Always use your own

As we are all now experts on how virus's can be transmitted, could the virus's which are on the end of the pipe which was stuck into his tank not crawl, run or jump up the pipe and infect the tap ?

If so then taking off the contaminated pipe would still leave a contaminated tap ?

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
I always disenfect the tap you dont know what it has touched and it was a French old boy who told me to at Gorge du verdon last year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There are taps away from the emptying points a Honfluer if you walk down the bottom end 😊

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
As we are all now experts on how virus's can be transmitted, could the virus's which are on the end of the pipe which was stuck into his tank not crawl, run or jump up the pipe and infect the tap ?

If so then taking off the contaminated pipe would still leave a contaminated tap ?
No, virus' aren't alive they are just particles that fool our cells into making more of them.

Deleted User
I was reprimanded at the site in Portugal that we call home for placing the end of the hose into the emptying pipe on our tote, the pipe was specifically for this purpose, separate drinking water tap couple of metres away.
No amount of explanation could convince him so in the end he was the recipient of a few expletives.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Once at a MH show a chap was filling the fresh water container for his food stall from the toilet flush pipe ... :eek:

Oh and last year we saw some people using the toilet flush tap for a nice cool drink of water! :oops:

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
While looking at an ancient lavage in a medieval French village the chef came out of a nearby hotel to wash his cooking pans.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
As i have said before i caught a German washing his cassette out in the shower on a site on the Ebro in Spain. I think he got the message when my wife grabbed hold of him and marched him to elsan point which guess what was in the Ladies toilet.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
St Croix aire last week people hosing themselves down with the poo hose
And drinking from it . It was 2 euros for the clean tap

Sorry, after reading your post the image in my mind made me laugh. Some people, eh! :rolleyes:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
St Croix aire last week people hosing themselves down with the poo hose
And drinking from it . It was 2 euros for the clean tap

Aye, but I'd bet their immune system was in very good shape. Come on, you know that the snotty nosed kid who was always out in wellies even in summer would have the best immune system in town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back