Water filter (1 Viewer)

R

RogerD

Deleted User
Can anyone reccomend a Water filter that is easily installed in my Bessacarr E495, I have done a search and there seem to be lots of different ones, does anyone have any reccomendations for something that is cheap and easy to fit but still does the job. I don´t want to be tied into buying really expensive filter replacements, is there any other way?

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

Try Link Removed Cheap and easy to fix and cheap cartridges - £2.99. They are far cheaper to buy and run than Link Removed Cartridges for these are about £45. Mind you the Nature Pure is about 1000 times better but may be overkill for use in this country. If I had room I would have Nature Pure.

Dave

Last edited:
F

fordy

Deleted User
Hi i just fitted a water filter and tap got it from eBay Item number: 230154822319
very easy to fit took 15 minutes runs fine with the water pump in the RV i fitted it to the plastic hose in the RV simple cut in stopcock very happy with it ..And the tap is a good quality one not one of the plastic cheap ones

FORDY:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
I use nature pure , easy to fit , mind you most of them are im told , the water always tastes good even when its been in the tank for weeks let alone days , i know the cartridges are expensive but if your using it like i do at weekends bank holls , and 5 weeks holls a year, ive found the water tastes good up to 2 years .

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Is it a good idea to completely drain the tanks (fresh and waste) now and then and how often should one do this? Also, is it a good idea to disinfect both tanks say once a year and what is recommended for this? Milton / Fairy / bleach 10% ??

We never use the water for drinking, just sanitation / washing etc, but with a filter attached perhaps would consider it. Where is it best placed or does this depend on the vans layout?

:Confused:

Laurie

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
The water filter usually fits via your existing cold water pipe under the sink , the faucet fits on the worktop usually next to your tap , youll see the set up if you go to the nature pure website ........ If im on a site with fresh water tap i fill up the tank and use a milk bottle for the kettle but i always use the filtered water if theres no tap around , on a lot of ralley fields theres either no tap or its too far and cant be bothered to keep walking to it . I tend to drain the fresh water tank if im not using the van for a while , Ive never used anything in the fresh water tank such as milton etc i just empty it when im not going to use it for a while and leave the drain cock open to let it breath , it works for me . The waste tank i empty when possible and again i leave it with the drain cock open when the vans not in use .Ive not had any bad smells yet [ touch wood ] .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back