Water filter

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by RogerD, Aug 16, 2007.

1. RogerD

RogerD Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone reccomend a Water filter that is easily installed in my Bessacarr E495, I have done a search and there seem to be lots of different ones, does anyone have any reccomendations for something that is cheap and easy to fit but still does the job. I don´t want to be tied into buying really expensive filter replacements, is there any other way?

2. 656

Ratings:
    +291
    Hi

Try SCREWFIX Cheap and easy to fix and cheap cartridges - £2.99. They are far cheaper to buy and run than NATURE PURE Cartridges for these are about £45. Mind you the Nature Pure is about 1000 times better but may be overkill for use in this country. If I had room I would have Nature Pure.

Dave

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  3. fordy

fordy Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i just fitted a water filter and tap got it from eBay Item number: 230154822319
    very easy to fit took 15 minutes runs fine with the water pump in the RV i fitted it to the plastic hose in the RV simple cut in stopcock very happy with it ..And the tap is a good quality one not one of the plastic cheap ones

FORDY:Smile:

4. woodyold

woodyold

Ratings:
    +0
    I use nature pure , easy to fit , mind you most of them are im told , the water always tastes good even when its been in the tank for weeks let alone days , i know the cartridges are expensive but if your using it like i do at weekends bank holls , and 5 weeks holls a year, ive found the water tastes good up to 2 years .

5. camcondor

camcondor

Ratings:
    +478
    Is it a good idea to completely drain the tanks (fresh and waste) now and then and how often should one do this? Also, is it a good idea to disinfect both tanks say once a year and what is recommended for this? Milton / Fairy / bleach 10% ??

We never use the water for drinking, just sanitation / washing etc, but with a filter attached perhaps would consider it. Where is it best placed or does this depend on the vans layout?

:Confused:

Laurie

6. woodyold

woodyold

Ratings:
    +0
    The water filter usually fits via your existing cold water pipe under the sink , the faucet fits on the worktop usually next to your tap , youll see the set up if you go to the nature pure website ........ If im on a site with fresh water tap i fill up the tank and use a milk bottle for the kettle but i always use the filtered water if theres no tap around , on a lot of ralley fields theres either no tap or its too far and cant be bothered to keep walking to it . I tend to drain the fresh water tank if im not using the van for a while , Ive never used anything in the fresh water tank such as milton etc i just empty it when im not going to use it for a while and leave the drain cock open to let it breath , it works for me . The waste tank i empty when possible and again i leave it with the drain cock open when the vans not in use .Ive not had any bad smells yet [ touch wood ] .