" Watch out there's about " (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Older, sorry, more mature members might remember that advertising campaign for fresh milk from back in the day. I think that might need reinventing for today's society.
Unfortunately not harmless milk snatching " Humpreys" now though. I had the card shown below slid into the drivers window at the dead of night. A check on Mr Joseph revealed he also has a driveway repair business, and a roof repair business, and is a dab hand at jet washing roofs. I'm thinking more along the lines of ,
" Look out there's " , disconcerting to say the least. This was in the KT area of Surrey. A decent ride out from their base in Horton Berkshire.
Is sticking this card to my M.H. deemed as essential work, and travel under Covid regulations ? Is worth reporting? Al Capone the infamous American gangster had to be busted on Tax offences rather than any of nefarious activities he had ingaged in !!
Mike

Attachments

• 20210326_074620.jpg
    20210326_074620.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Maybe the clue is in the words “immediate collection”. It doesn’t say “immediate payment”!!!!!

Methinks you are right to be wary. :giggle:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
We've been getting the flyers through the letterbox, a sure sign of Spring.

Yesterday there was a signwritten Transit (the typical omnibus business offer comprising driveways, tree surgery, mobile number etc) driving slowly up and down all the cul-de-sacs and residential roads where I live.

Today a tatty old Sprinter showed up and the 2 rough looking occupants did some skip-diving for metals.

Soon it will be the door knockers. Probably no face coverings, like last year. I prefer to pretend I am not in but if I am expecting a parcel it catches me out. Or if I am busy in my front garden, they pounce. You soon get fed up with this.

It's a diverse environment round 'ere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yesterday I had the second un-masked chancer in a week knock and ask if my m/h was for sale. Out of boredom I sent pics of him and his car with reg'n no. to my local police on the basis of a non-essential journey, but they 'don't have anyone available' or do anything unless a gun is mentioned. I guarantee that if I check progress on their website in a couple of days it'll say: 'Case closed. Insufficient evidence' as it does on about 80% of the reported incidents.

OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Yesterday I had the second un-masked chancer in a week knock and ask if my m/h was for sale. Out of boredom I sent pics of him and his car with reg'n no. to my local police on the basis of a non-essential journey, but they 'don't have anyone available' or do anything unless a gun is mentioned. I guarantee that if I check progress on their website in a couple of days it'll say: 'Case closed. Insufficient evidence' as it does on about 80% of the reported incidents.
Now, if only you'd managed to get what at first glance looked like a " jovial" cartoon character of Muhammed on their van in your photo, wow, their as***s wouldn't have touched down till they were in clinky!!
Mike

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Now, if only you'd managed to get what at first glance looked like a " jovial" cartoon character of Muhammed on their van in your photo, wow, their as***s wouldn't have touched down till they were in clinky!!
Mike

I guess that just might be because many many many more people would be hurt and angry about the cartoon of their God than the chap would have been when asked if his motorhome was for sale... :whistle2:

JJ :cool:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
As you say they’ve never got anyone available for a couple of hours, But if some poor old pensioner was caught stealing a packet of razor blades in Tesco as I once saw, There’s always a police vehicle available immediately with two officers sent to the store to arrest the poor beggar, but when you’ve just had a couple of hundred quid’s worth of goodies pinched from your garden shed they sent a plod round in 10 days time to give you a crime ref.no. What a joke.

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
I had similar a few weeks ago, parked one of the cars across the rear of the for a week to put any chancers off should they return.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
had a scrotey looking person looking around our area today ,with a handful of double glazing leaflets.went past all the drives with vehicles on and checked the drives that are empty.watched him pretend to post a leaflet ,which went back in his wad of others ,rang the doorbell and was having a good look around untill he saw me watching.The house he was at has all been double glazed,new front door windows gutters eaves windows,etc. It took me 16 minutes to speak to someone on the 102 number.They will ask a patrol when in the area to speak to him....long gone now :eek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Over the last year I have had multiple visits from the "Do as you Likey" crew offering to take my van away for a handful of grubby used notes or sell me a generator etc etc

Strangely they stopped when I pointed out that I was wise to their game and the van was immobilised by multiple locks and had 24 hour monitored tracking and that I have a shotgun licence

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back