Apr 21, 2015
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1985
Hi All
I’m having problems with the sensor in waste water tank setting off the full alarm when the tank is empty.What I want to know is can I get to the sensor without taking the under floor tank out.If not is it possible to disconnect the sensor as I don’t really need it.The alarm always seems to go off in the middle of the night most frustrating.My Van is a Swift Rhythm Compact.

Dave

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
What year?

I think access will be via a large (6 inch) cap on the underside of the tank.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On our Swift Bessie there was a large screw plug in the waste tank

Removing this exposed the level sensor which just needed a wipe with a cleaning cloth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Assume your tank is underneath the van?

If so there will probably be a large cap on the underside of the tank, remove the cap and there will be about 5 prongs almost directly above it going through the top of the tank. Giving the prongs a good clean should solve the problem. (The prongs might have little rubber sleeves on them, slide them off and clean prong and sleeve, probably best to do one at a time to save mixing them up)

If the prongs feel corroded or caked in limescale you can use a fine wire wool.

OP
OP
D
Apr 21, 2015
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1985
Had a look under the van there and no bungs.The tank is fixed with four bolts and brackets which are corroded.Without dropping the tank I don’t think it is possible to get to the sensor and then I might not get access to it.If it is possible to disconnect the sensor that will be the way forward but I have been unable to find a wiring diagram for the camper and on the Sargent web site it does not show my EC400 unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I can turn the alarms off, you may be able to do the same until you get the problem fixed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back