Waste tank not emptying Laika evovip 100i (1 Viewer)

Aug 8, 2023
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika ecovip 100i
Exp
Hi all

Very new to this and my first post.

I am trying to empty the tank on my laika 100i 2001.

It has two outlets underneath, one with what looks like a 3"pipe and one ready for a cassette.

I've tried pulling the levers to empty the tank but nothing happens.

Next to the toilet there is a red tap which turns 2-3 turns either way, it's spring loaded.

I've attached photos, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

IMG20230807175257.jpg IMG_20230807_175123.jpg IMG20230807140256.jpg IMG20230807140249.jpg IMG20230807140214.jpg IMG20230807140158.jpg IMG_20230807_173423.jpg IMG_20230807_175746.jpg

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
To me, the one with the grey waste valve handle is the grey waste dump. It pulls out but can be very stiff. Takes quite a pull to open the valve.

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
The red tap looks like it should be a d handle I had a evovip 1.1 and where your red tap is I had a black d shaped handle it was next to the toilet when pulled it emptied the top of two tanks into the Botton tank.
You should have a cassette in your hold that slides on to the right tank before fitting the cassette open the slide on the cassette it has a cover that slides then you turn the leaver to open the cassette once you have done this you can slide the cassette over the two lugs you can see in your picture.
You then open the door above the cassette and you should should see two handles to empty your toilet cassette pull the right handle out not the left one that will empty your toilet onto the floor and is only used when you have a RV type dump that you can just empty your toilet or so known as black water in one go with no need for the cassette.
We have just part exchanged ours or I would have posted pictures.
Hope this helps I've had a couple of pinta so it may not if not adversely me in the morning šŸ˜…

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
Looking at it again David and Sally look to be right my tap for the gray water was on the same side as the outlet you show in your picture. So it must be for the grey the Black water is on the other side.

OP
OP
H
Aug 8, 2023
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika ecovip 100i
Exp
Thank you for the prompt replies. I've pulled both the levers underneath but nothing comes out. Am I missing something?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
If its the toilet and my toilet is emptied by pulling the lever in the bathroom this action will empty the black water into the tank below it because it has two tanks you then have to empty the bottom tank by putting a cassette onto the column that you can see in your 4th picture then you pull the lever you above it NOT the lever to the left on your 4th picture.
If the still is not working and you have poured water into the toilet and pushed the peddle at the bottom of the toilet seat then the cable or valve is not working

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
You could be right, so what's the best way to un-solidify it?
On my early Coach toilets we had something that looked similar to that. It was a 2 tank system, back at depot over the drain, one pulled the big BLACK WATER valve in pics 5 & 7 and flushed it through after with the GREY water from the second tank by opening a second valve inside the Coach (but it looked different from your red one) Sorry can't help you more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
On your 4th picture you can see two handles the one one the right when pulled towards your sould empty into a cassette you attach just below.
Have you got a separate toilet cassette?

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
OK have you pulled the lever in the bathroom I think it's the red in your 4th picture next to your toilet seat the one on my old motorhome was a black d shaped handle, when I pulled it up it let the contents flow into the tank below the top tank you will have two tanks a smaller on on top and a bigger one below it they ate connected by a valve that you open and close from the bathroom.
Just before I part exchanged my old Laika 1.1 I ordered all new valves from UKcamping in Lincoln the guy in the stores is very helpful.
I booked it into them to replace the old ones but they didn't know how the system worked so I booked it into Southdown motorhomes and they fitted the new ones like your my one was 22 years old.
If you can fix it yourself you will find that the bowden cable that starts in your bathroom comes out underneath and goes to a valve in-between the two tanks you will have to remove the bottom tank to get to the valve that controls the flow from the top tank to the bottom tank.
It is the same type of vale to controls your washing up and shower water (gray water ) on the other side of your motorhome.
Hope this helps
Your issue maybe
1 inner cable sticking to the outer cable.

2 one of the two valves not working valve 1 goes from top tank to bottom tank valve 2 let's waste flow from the bottom tank. You should be aware if one of the valve is not working because when you pull the lever it will not move they are very stiff to operate.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Silly question, you have filled the feed tanks with water so there is something in there to be emptied? You don't seem to have mentioned doing so? šŸ¤”

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
good point I have assumed he as flushed the toilet a few times.
What L' Hobo means by feed tanks is the top and bottom tanks you flush the toilet into the top tank (feed tank) then open the valve to empty it into the bottom tank before emptying into the cassette

OP
OP
H
Aug 8, 2023
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika ecovip 100i
Exp
Yes I've flushed the toilet a few times, plus the sink and washbasin. When flushing the toilet I can see the water is about 4 inches below.

On turning the red gate valve (it turns 2+3 times left or right and is spring loaded) nothing happens

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
Have you tried to pull the red lever upper. On mine it was a "D" handle that you pull up to move the slide valve if like mine there is a inner and outer cable I see your red tap and this seems strange to me is it is and I think it should be a slide valve you would have to pull up to operate these d handles can brake easily one of mine did.
The previous owner my have used that rea one as a temporary replace try pulling up they are very very stiff but it should pull up and then you will hear the water move from top to bottom tank

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thank you. Pulled the tap up, was a bit of a force but, came up about three inches and heard water!

Then straight out of the three inch pipe into a manhole.

Thanks again!
Glad to see that you are sorted. (y)

Maybe some liquid maintenance is required on the cables and valves, to ease future usage. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back