Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Hi
We have a 2001 coach built ci motorhome known as an Arabella, based on a rollerteam type model.
It has an underslung waste tank at the rear with a slide valve arrangement for dumping grey waste.
The external diameter of the valve is 44mm and has a pair of lugs , one on each side, to take a bayonet type coupler fitting to attach a hose to, in order to get the hose closer to the ground or better,directly into the grate area when dumping at a service point or drain.
Can anyone please advise where I might be able to get one of these couplers please, and possibly the fairly large bore pipe to go onto the coupler?
Thanks in advance.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a hoover hose fits perfectly. The 3rd party ones made to fit the henry are good as small to pack away, but extend to up to 9m if needed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We have a similar arrangement supplied with our Carthago, its a large flexi tube extension with a push fit coupler to extend if needed to reach a drain.
We have emptied many times over many drain arrangements, and not needed to use it as yet, as I have managed to maneuver the van over the drain with the assistance of the the OH.
It might be difficult to find the other end of your bayonet fitting these days, so maybe just look at finding a straight coupler that will fit snugly over the existing pipe, then onto a 1 mtr length of flexi pipe like ours. I dont believe it will have to be too good a fit, as the water pressure is not very high.
Good luck, make good & improvise seems to become 1st nature to us in motor homing these days.
LES

OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Like this ?

plastic or brass ?

Yes I think that type would fit into the lugs as long as it will go over the external diameter of the valve at 44mm.
Where can I buy one please, plastic or metal .
The leengatevalves website leads me to think they may be a trade or reseller supplier only, but I may be wrong.
Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
We have a similar arrangement supplied with our Carthago, its a large flexi tube extension with a push fit coupler to extend if needed to reach a drain.
We have emptied many times over many drain arrangements, and not needed to use it as yet, as I have managed to maneuver the van over the drain with the assistance of the the OH.
It might be difficult to find the other end of your bayonet fitting these days, so maybe just look at finding a straight coupler that will fit snugly over the existing pipe, then onto a 1 mtr length of flexi pipe like ours. I dont believe it will have to be too good a fit, as the water pressure is not very high.
Good luck, make good & improvise seems to become 1st nature to us in motor homing these days.
LES
Thanks Les
Yes when we bought the van someone had made a coupler which reduced down to a standard hose pipe diameter and hose .
Not a very good fit and although lowish pressure on emptying, it still managed to overflow due the pipe diameter reducing so much, hence the desire to try and get a waste tank coupler and hose that will still keep the large bore diameter.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I quite like the idea TheBig1 came up with in using a Hoover hose pipe, a trip to your local tip will no doubt reveal loads of burnt out hoovers, especially Dysons these days, and a bit of that will do the job nicely.
Good luck.
LES

OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
I quite like the idea TheBig1 came up with in using a Hoover hose pipe, a trip to your local tip will no doubt reveal loads of burnt out hoovers, especially Dysons these days, and a bit of that will do the job nicely.
Good luck.
LES
Agreed, but how will a hoover hose go over, yet remain in place, the two lugs sticking out, or do you mean just fit the hoover pipe over what bit of the valve is protruding as a nice snug fit, and forget pushing the hose further onto the valve spigot and over the lugs?
Really difficult to explain this one.
Thanks for the help though .

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Yes just try and push the hoover pipe over the end of the grey waste pipe before the lugs if possible. If it works then you could possibly remove the bayonet lugs permanently , and if necessary pack out the external diameter of the existing grey waste pipe if needed with rubber bands or a piece of bicycle inner tube.(y):giggle:
When I think about it, thats why they have fitted a grey rubber grommet on the end of our Carthago Grey waste pipe end, so as to make the coupler fit snugly over the top.
LES

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back