Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Does anyone have one?

What's a good one to buy (not permanently plumbed in)?

Where do you store it?

How much does it cost (I've seen some but they seem too cheap to be any good)?

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Please, please, let's respect our partner and have no jokes about being married to your washing machine!
(see how gender non-binary I was there)?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We have heard good reports of these

https://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/twin-tub-washing-machine.html

Twin Tub Washing Machine
This lightweight washer is ideal for caravans, motorhomes, small student flats and and accommodation where space is limited.

One tub is for washing and one for spin drying, making it great for those trips away. The machine runs from mains 230v power and will take up to 3.5kg of washing and 2.5kg capacity for spinning. Thanks to the useful handle, the washing machine is very portable.

Not only is it environmentally friendly, but it is also energy saving. The washing machine has separate timer control settings for wash and spin operations. The spin cycle will stop when the lid is opened.

Specifications:

• 3.5kg Maximum Load
  • Mains Powered - 230v
  • Washing power 230W
  • Spinning power 116W
  • Approximate dimensions: 615mm (W) x 420mm (D) x 575mm (H)
Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
We've got the one that @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes has linked to.

It works well and we can run it off a 500w inverter.

It gets stored under the fixed bed in our PVC but we only bother taking it away with us when we're away for over 2 weeks, which doesn't happen nearly enough.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We have a Candy in the Flair Peter. It fits in the bottom of the wardrobe. It is plumbed in.
IMG_20180213_114259.jpg

However in the new Morelo we are having one of these which is narrow at 460mm so will fit in the bottom opf the large Morelo wardrobe.
https://www.eudora-qualitaet-ein-leben-lang.at/produkte-haushalt/waschmaschinen-3kg/euronova-355/
There are 3 different models and you can get them in the UK too.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
We have a Candy in the Flair Peter. It fits in the bottom of the wardrobe. It is plumbed in.
View attachment 289510

However in the new Morelo we are having one of these which is narrow at 460mm so will fit in the bottom opf the large Morelo wardrobe.
https://www.eudora-qualitaet-ein-leben-lang.at/produkte-haushalt/waschmaschinen-3kg/euronova-355/

I thought that beast would make an appearance Michael. :)
I really like your idea of it being fitted into a wardrobe. I have found a 400mm version (here) but just need to measure my available spaces before proceeding (and this one is only available in the US) so need to find a UK version. I do like the fact that the one shown above is super light weight and many people use them without any issues.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You can get a 3 kg load one.
If i put in garage, how would i plum in?
Will only use on hook up @brewery ??

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
View attachment 289510

I will be in touch next month about the fixings you used.....(y), we have the machine, should have had it fitted before our 3 months in Morocco , but no time....

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I thought that beast would make an appearance Michael. :)
I really like your idea of it being fitted into a wardrobe. I have found a 400mm version (here) but just need to measure my available spaces before proceeding (and this one is only available in the US) so need to find a UK version. I do like the fact that the one shown above is super light weight and many people use them without any issues.
The issue with top loaders Peter is the extra space needed above which creates a restriction to clothes hanging above.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Broken Link Removed

We used one like this for a few years. Can’t praise them enough, as long as you do not overload it. The spinner is excellent too. Very low wattage, about 100watt I think. Saves on water too. Wash your whites, spin water back into washer then wash the darks.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Peter. My son gave me his old one that he used at uni when he was there.
Crusader Twin Tub Washing Machine (having trouble getting link on here)

We have not used it in anger yet ourselves, so can't comment unfortunately. It was a good recommendation from him though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I need a lightweight unit (as payload is tight) and space is tighter.

If it did go into the wardrobe, I suppose stuff could fall off the hangars straight into the machine! Bingo!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We have heard good reports of these

https://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/twin-tub-washing-machine.html

Twin Tub Washing Machine
This lightweight washer is ideal for caravans, motorhomes, small student flats and and accommodation where space is limited.

One tub is for washing and one for spin drying, making it great for those trips away. The machine runs from mains 230v power and will take up to 3.5kg of washing and 2.5kg capacity for spinning. Thanks to the useful handle, the washing machine is very portable.

Not only is it environmentally friendly, but it is also energy saving. The washing machine has separate timer control settings for wash and spin operations. The spin cycle will stop when the lid is opened.

Specifications:

• 3.5kg Maximum Load
  • Mains Powered - 230v
  • Washing power 230W
  • Spinning power 116W
  • Approximate dimensions: 615mm (W) x 420mm (D) x 575mm (H)
Peter
£99 less 10% Funsters discount !!

Peter

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We got a twin tub similar to the one Johns Cross linked to when they were on offer at Aldi. I thought it would be handy for doing sports clothing (cycling gear, kayak gear) that needs rinsing through after every use because of possible bacterial build up.

Yet to use it but we will at some point :)

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
dolly tub use s no power and keeps you fit

Attachments

• old-dolly-tub-agitator-soapy-260nw-333029414doll.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 21

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Broken Link Removed

We used one like this for a few years. Can’t praise them enough, as long as you do not overload it. The spinner is excellent too. Very low wattage, about 100watt I think. Saves on water too. Wash your whites, spin water back into washer then wash the darks.
We have one of those as well, works well a bit more hassle than a front loader but only weighs 13kg, runs of the inverter.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a twin tub in my shed at home. It was in the motorhome and worked well off a small inverter but lately we've just saved the space and use the occasional site machine We do carry a rotary clothesline which is ideal on a site for drying. We carry enough togs to go a week or two between washes and if desperate lightweight shreddies can be washed out in the washroom basin and dried in the shower overnight. If in a suitable place we string a line between two trees and wash the bedding of which we carry just two sets.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've never bothered with carrying a washing machine - we don't have the room/payload anyway and you really need a good electrical and water supply (we've travelled with friends who have one so do have some experience). Instead whenever we've accumulated enough to warrant a couple of loads we go to a suitable campsite for a couple of days and use theirs. We wouldn't be averse to using those carpark launderette things either, although up to now it's not been an issue.

But we have tried the "bucket" idea - never, ever again! The washing got so soggy it took us days to dry it out and wasn't really right until it had gone through a proper washer. Be warned!

Our van is a holiday home, don't understand this need to carry everything you have at home!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back