Warranty (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Has anyone had an Autogas refillable system fitted to their new motorhome, I'm just slightly concerned fitting the filler to the side might infringe on the water ingress warranty.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Yes we had underslung tank on our previous m/h ... can't see how warranty would be affected. The filler should be fitted in the cill where it can't cause damp ingress.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As Above the filler can and should be fitted to a single skin part of the Vans Skirt so that the back of the filler is still outside the van, with the flexible pipe coming in and up through the gas locker sides, back, or floor to the cylinders. unless underslung tanks are fitted of course (if skirt is flimsy add support to stiffen)
The only exception to this is if fitted in the double skin and insulated gas locker door itself, the filler would then still vent outside via the gas locker itself(not best practice) and only the door its self could be effected by damp
at no time should the filler rear parts be fitted so as to be inside any part of the living area or an un-vented locker

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
We have just had ours fitted in the side giving direct access to gas locker.
I can understand your concern, however, it would only be a problem if you had issues at the filling point.

A claim on your van could hardly fail (and I'm not wishing it on you) if the ingress was elsewhere, and, if it was at the filling point you could have a go at the Company fitting the gas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back