Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Lol the wine and fire last night flying kites this morning, bike ride next.

We saw you returning from your bike ride yesterday as we drove over the causeway . That was us waving if you did'nt clock us.
Fantastic weather, dolphins, kayaking, we only left because our van is booked in for a service today.
It was nice meeting you, and anbillkate. See you another time:D

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Did you see the Super Moon last night?

Geraldine, the moon and Sky were amazing here last night as if someone had a paint brush and were painting it in beautiful shades of Red / Pink / Gold and Silver, it did not get cold either , we must be getting boring in our old age because we have decided to stay here a few more days, off on the bus into Barmouth tomorrow for the market. The joys of the Motorho

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
the moon and Sky were amazing here last night as if someone had a paint brush and were painting it in beautiful shades of Red / Pink / Gold and Silver,

You should have been a poet Carol! Glad you decided to stay, have a lovely rest of the week, and have fish and chips for us in Barmouth! Amanda said we were mad not to go and eat in the award winning fish and chip restaurant when we were there, but we took the opportunity to do what motorhomers do and ate our own lunch in the van overlooking the sea!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Fish & Chips duly eaten in the Mermaid they were as good as Amanda said they would be

It must be 30 years since we last visited Badmouth, and was really impressed, non of the usual places full of Charity Shops, but a really well looked after town with pretty shops for browsing and a nice beach, we will be back.

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
  • One of our favourite sites is shell island 2hrs drive from our house ,thought of moving on on several occasions ,but stayed put (enjoy )

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Fish & Chips duly eaten in the Mermaid they were as good as Amanda said they would be

It must be 30 years since we last visited Badmouth, and was really impressed, non of the usual places full of Charity Shops, but a really well looked after town with pretty shops for browsing and a nice beach, we will be back.
Fantastic place...birth place of a pretty amazin person too...even if i say so me self

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
If you make it further down the coast...have a look at cae du corner campsite...another fantastic spot

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You never know, you might miss some Scottish celebrations next week , whether that will be a good or bad thing I don't know.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just love north wales, before I had MH we used to rent a footage every year at a lovely village between Porthmadog and/pwhelli ,,magic. Now I go in my motorhome and mainly stay at bala,and tour from there ,always/something new/and breathtaking to see on every visit

May 29, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cheyenne 635se
Exp
since 2008
carol how long you staying at shell island was thinking of going there for a few days tomorrow the 15sept mervyn

Eacy

Free Member
Sep 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
noob
Shell island.jpg

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Carol & Eddie:)
Are you joining us at Pembrey ??
We'd all love to see you both.(y)
Chris & Viv xx

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have now moved off from our idyll that was Shell Island, were the sun and the Island worked its magic on us.
When we left we moved not far on to Birds Rock, a little camp site tucked into the Mountain range of Cader Idris, a old fashioned site with old fashioned values, fridges and freezers and kettles provided free of charge, a camp site owner who greeted you with a smile and chatted in her farm house, and on leaving gave me a jar of home made Chutney / Jar Jam and a large bag off apples, and all that with electric for £13 a night. Yes there was no phone signal or internet , but the beautiful scenery more than made up for it.

Today we left Bird a Rock (Sometimes called the Hidden Valley)'and called into the lovley little town of Aberdovey so very pretty and reminiscence of the little villages in Cornwall, after a few hours wondering around there we have found a small Camp site in Furnace a small village after Machynlleth, with a bird reserve and a lot of history so for £8 a night we are going to explore around here for a couple of days, we are really enjoying this holiday on our own doorstep.
image.jpg
O

Our Camp Site at Bird Rock
image.jpg

One of our bike rides
image.jpg

The little town of Aberdovey
image.jpg

Tal-y-Lyn Railway
image.jpg

Vintage trucks assembled in Barmouth there were over 50 of them.

image.jpg

Good Welsh Sunday Dinner.

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
We wereat Barmouth the week before last - our first proper trip away - and despite stalking the entire campsite found no other Funsters! But have to say - fabulous beach and very dog friendly? Attached first decent scenic picture I have ever taken - the magic of motor homing! Love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Fantastic place...birth place of a pretty amazin person too...even if i say so me self

Hi Bungy, we are really enjoying this part of Wales, but with amazing people like you there got to be a cert.

Just love north wales, before I had MH we used to rent a footage every year at a lovely village between Porthmadog and/pwhelli ,,magic. Now I go in my motorhome and mainly stay at bala,and tour from there ,always/something new/and breathtaking to see on every visit

Love the run down through Bala we often go there we only live 35 mile from there.

Hope you had a great day C&E.

Thank you we had a lovely day, and pleased to see you as a Funster after being made a hounary one lol

carol how long you staying at shell island was thinking of going there for a few days tomorrow the 15sept mervyn

Hi Merv, sorry for the late reply as you can see we have moved on and were off line, thought you would be off catching Snowbird & Smudge up for Bennidorm.
Hi Carol & Eddie:)
Are you joining us at Pembrey ??
We'd all love to see you both.(y)
Chris & Viv xx

Wish we were but will have to make our way home next week as tax and insurance on the van are due end off Sept. So need to sort it out.
We wereat Barmouth the week before last - our first proper trip away - and despite stalking the entire campsite found no other Funsters! But have to say - fabulous beach and very dog friendly? Attached first decent scenic picture I have ever taken - the magic of motor homing! Love it!

We really enjoyed Barmouth , look out for the Fun stickers, hope you have lots more fun in your van.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi Carol&Eddie,
Was nice to meet you in Morocco,haven't heard much of you two lately probably because I haven't been on the fun website much lately,been too busy touring,well i hope you enjoy touring Wales,and don't forget, there's a Southern area to Wales also, as far as I'm concerned it's the best part of Wales,you've got to do the Gower peninsula or you haven't done Wales,then there's Pembrokeshire and all the West Wales coast this is the REAL Wales you'll be sorry if you miss it,enjoy.gwyntaxi

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi
Hi Carol&Eddie,
Was nice to meet you in Morocco,haven't heard much of you two lately probably because I haven't been on the fun website much lately,been too busy touring,well i hope you enjoy touring Wales,and don't forget, there's a Southern area to Wales also, as far as I'm concerned it's the best part of Wales,you've got to do the Gower peninsula or you haven't done Wales,then there's Pembrokeshire and all the West Wales coast this is the REAL Wales you'll be sorry if you miss it,enjoy.gwyntaxi

Hi Gwyn, it was lovley to meet you in Morocco, quite a few heading off there again. We have done South Wales before and it is beautiful, for us this holiday has been revisiting the area's of Wales we have missed for 20 years or so.

For me one of the Beautiful parts of Wales is Snowdonia & Anglesey, but those are less than a hours journey from us so we have done them many times over the years, one thing for sure when you start digging there is a awful lot of diversity right on our doorstep

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hello i have to agree with gwyntaxi as i live in west wales which is beautiful, near Llangrannog, but so many places to see including inland , its a really diverse landscape, full of (wows) look at that, and just over cardigan bridge pembrokeshire, its a great coastline . plenty of sea views, small villages, towns and very colouful like aberaeron a georgian town every building a different colour, marvellous, plenty of beaches and dog friendly, september is great but so is every month, seems here to be a little micro climate, just enjoy:)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
We have now moved off from our idyll that was Shell Island, were the sun and the Island worked its magic on us.
When we left we moved not far on to Birds Rock, a little camp site tucked into the Mountain range of Cader Idris, a old fashioned site with old fashioned values, fridges and freezers and kettles provided free of charge, a camp site owner who greeted you with a smile and chatted in her farm house, and on leaving gave me a jar of home made Chutney / Jar Jam and a large bag off apples, and all that with electric for £13 a night. Yes there was no phone signal or internet , but the beautiful scenery more than made up for it.

Today we left Bird a Rock (Sometimes called the Hidden Valley)'and called into the lovley little town of Aberdovey so very pretty and reminiscence of the little villages in Cornwall, after a few hours wondering around there we have found a small Camp site in Furnace a small village after Machynlleth, with a bird reserve and a lot of history so for £8 a night we are going to explore around here for a couple of days, we are really enjoying this holiday on our own doorstep.View attachment 42309O

Our Camp Site at Bird Rock
View attachment 42310

One of our bike ridesView attachment 42311

The little town of AberdoveyView attachment 42312

Tal-y-Lyn RailwayView attachment 42313

Vintage trucks assembled in Barmouth there were over 50 of them.

View attachment 42314

Good Welsh Sunday Dinner.
Blimey..that read like a 'this is your life...the early years'....that was my growing up patch

Went to the school opposite the talyllyn railway station in Tywyn.

Spent more hours up and down Craig y Deryn(proper name for Bird Rock;)) and Cadair Idris ( me and my sister used to call it daddys mountain...as my Dad ran a outdoor education centre in Llwyngwril where I grew up and he was taking groups up it twice a week!! if you folowed the coast road south you would have gone through there..after the cliff road from Fairbourne)

There have been shire horses in that field for as long as I can remember, not sure whose they are and if they uae them on the farm though.

Did you get to Mary Jones house at the bottom end of the valley, and Castell y Bere?
And did you indulge in the Honey ice cream in Tywyn...you missed a treat if you didnt:)

Ps...is the campsite that you used up the Dyssyni Valley Glanywern farm?

As your in Mach, A great drive is the road up and over Dyliffe to llanidloes ( good wilcamp spots up that way as well), it starts off opposite the chippie on the way out of mach down the high street, bit tight in places...but weve done it in our van so you should be ok(y)(y) and on a good day the views are stunning in all directions....if you ignore those flamin wind things to the east

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back