Wales campsites open 29th March..Apparently (1 Viewer)

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
C & MC club sent me an email to this effect. If true and you can book sites in Wales after 29th March, my advice is DON'T. Easter will be total chaos on the roads. Just think of all the Moho's Caravans etc wound up like coiled springs ready to explode....you get the picture. Best wait a couple more weeks for the dust to settle I think.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I've booked a Welsh site for May bank hol weekend. Normally I'm glad my birthday falls on the long weekend and I tend to celebrate locally and enjoy the extra day off but as it's a biggie this year i really wanted to do something different. I hope it's not unpleasantly mobbed.

OP
OP
steve69
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
I've booked a Welsh site for May bank hol weekend. Normally I'm glad my birthday falls on the long weekend and I tend to celebrate locally and enjoy the extra day off but as it's a biggie this year i really wanted to do something different. I hope it's not unpleasantly mobbed.
Things should have settled down a bit by then - i hope.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Is that just for Welsh residents?

i believe that to be the case as England will still have a stay local requirement until the 12th april.

i have a booking but not until well after the Easter break, it will be mental over Easter,

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Being open might not mean open to all comers in the early stages. We had a booking in SW Scotland for late April, it was carried forward from last year. The site owner said that whilst they expected to be open by then the Scottish covid level for the area would prevent anyone from outside Dumfries and Galloway from visiting i.e. only open for locals.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Isn't the 29th March when the English "No Travel" law is repealed to be replaced with no travel guidance?
Yes but the staying away from home overnight rule remains in England. The Welsh seem to be heading for opening camp sites but not allowing travel from other areas.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Booked 'Woodlands, Devils Bridge' near Aberystwyth 13th. April, 3 nights. Would normally be catching a ferry about then but happy to be just getting away anywhere now.
Of course it could all go up the swanie before then but it's great to have somethingt to dream about.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If you were looking for a loophole... then it could be argued you were not breaking the English overnight rule, staying in Wales.
I hope the Welsh make it clear that's not possible.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
I should think so as the last thing I heard was that the English probably won't be allowed to stay away from home overnight until 17 May.
I doubt Drakeford will allow it before then. Mind you, it's not allowed now but many holiday homes in Pembs are busy :mad:
12th of April for self contained accommodation all being well.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Last year, it was no go for those outside of Wales. Whilst Wales was out of lockdown and England wasn’t. On the other foot, I’d booked into lakes and we were in lockdown and England wasn’t, they wouldn't allow our booking until our lockdown came to an end. Several days later Luckily the site wasn’t fully booked so was able to move my week.

ive also a booking for Cornwall on 14 May. I received an email today to say that rally going ahead but no shared facilities will be open until 17th May at earliest.
all subject to change I believe.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It may be that, like last year, C&MC will check your home address at the time of booking and refuse it if they think it will mean breaking the Covid restrictions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back