Waeco crx50 fault (1 Viewer)

Mick209

Free Member
May 14, 2018
Funster No
Just after the winter, fridge was switched on and a popping sound was heard from the back. Now not working at all, and has been taken to a caravan garage,no voltage found running through it.
I've contacted Dometic, as it was installed in the van I purchased, no warranty.
They have given me links to places that might help but no luck so far.
They have given me a parts place to contact.
I'm thinking it's a fuse blown in the electric modular unit? However I wonder if anyone has any experience and better advice please.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Popping sound from the back could be the compressor overload. Every minute or two you'll hear a "click - hummmm - pop"

It's a bi-metallic strip That heats up when the compressor won't start and breaks on overcurrent. The overload eventually breaks for good. If it is this, you need a new compressor fitting so it's probably scrap :unsure:

OP
OP
Mick209

Mick209

Free Member
May 14, 2018
Funster No
Definitely just one pop, I'd guess it being fuse going?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Definitely just one pop, I'd guess it being fuse going?
Usually that's compressor or fan motor earth fault. Just disconnect things one by one until the fuse doesn't blow. Start with compressor, you can pull the spades off it directly under the black plastic cover. (it's usually black plastic:D2)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mick209

Mick209

Free Member
May 14, 2018
Funster No
It was blowing fuses on the psu. Went direct to ehu and the fuse blowing sound came from the back of the fridge. That was it's last sound

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back