LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...but MHF isn't a Club as such, it's a loose association of like minded individuals, who happen to have something in common (ie motorhomes).
Of course its all facilitated by this excellent forum & all Jim's hardwork.
[would, could MHF exist pre internet?]
Why would there be committees etc as there's no plan, no regular monthly meeting, no calendar, no schedules.
It helps that other "organisations" organise shows that MHF piggyback but its not essential.
It'd be interesting to know what proportion of members are active on the forum, what proportion regularly attend meets or rallies. And for me I'd be curious to know if any/many play no active role on the forum but turn up for real life events?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It'd be interesting to know what proportion of members are active on the forum, what proportion regularly attend meets or rallies. And for me I'd be curious to know if any/many play no active role on the forum but turn up for real life events?

All very good questions. You should have a meeting with @Chris to discuss forming a committee to establish the answers and produce a report detailing member activity. (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No need. The date and time of any pointless meeting has been enshrined by decades of meeting tradition. It has to be at 4PM on a Friday in the most inconvenient place for everybody concerned apart from the most annoying little shit there. (y)

Ok 4pm Friday at The Alma pub in Sidcup.

Just outside my office window(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Do you have to pay to attend FUN rallies or meets? And if so who does the money go to?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Do you have to pay to attend FUN rallies or meets? And if so who does the money go to?

Mark thats a complicated question to answer.

Apart from the yearly subscription - No one pays for the "privilege" of attending Fun rallies or meets.

People do pay for their pitch and whatever ever else they wish to pay for so as an example

If attending a motorhome show, the fee is paid direct to Warners or the organisers and on their form you state you are part of mh fun and that way your "parking/pitching space will be allocated within the area that the organisers have allocated to MHfun.

When I hold a rally/meet all payments are made directly to the campsite

Some people who organise meets take the payments for the pitch themselves and they pass payment in full onto the school or campsite or field owner etc.

The only money that goes direct to mhfun is occasionally from an extra activity organised for a specific purpose (I am sure Jim will correct me if I am wrong) - so for example when a larger marquee was needed raffles were held to fund it.

And for quite a few years motorhome fun had no subscription fee at all. I think subs came in when a larger server was needed and I believe that costs lots of money.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@Chris you would have loved it at our rugby club last night. First we had a meeting with some bloke from the RFU about some funding, then we moved onto a committee meeting where the first meeting was discussed at some length and once we finally managed to move onto other things someone wanted to set up some sub-committees for something or other. While all this excitement was happening in the lounge the mini junior section were having their own committee meeting in the bar area.
The only up side to this was that the bar was open throughout.
This morning there have been emails about the meetings (y):D:doh:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Chris you would have loved it at our rugby club last night. First we had a meeting with some bloke from the RFU about some funding, then we moved onto a committee meeting where the first meeting was discussed at some length and once we finally managed to move onto other things someone wanted to set up some sub-committees for something or other. While all this excitement was happening in the lounge the mini junior section were having their own committee meeting in the bar area.
The only up side to this was that the bar was open throughout.
This morning there have been emails about the meetings (y):D:doh:

Would one of the sub committees be a "task and finish" group?

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I like FUNS style....long may it continue....do you ever get little 'jobs worths' wanting to set up committees and hold AGMs and buy Chairmans bling and spend members money on personal laptops and new fangled websites when the original one is fine.....oh no! Sorry! That's another organisation entirely! .......Keep going as you are FUN

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Freeloading Tossers will not be welcome

This is a total disgrace!

Blatant prejudice.

I am organising an official investigation to see what can be done about it.

This should be completed by June 2017. On receipt of the report a committee will be formed to decide what action should be taken.

JJ :cool:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
This is a total disgrace!

Blatant prejudice.

I am organising an official investigation to see what can be done about it.

This should be completed by June 2017. On receipt of the report a committee will be formed to decide what action should be taken.

JJ :cool:

Well this is just your opinion, could I humbly suggest that we form a committee to look into whether non-acceptance of free loading Tossers is in fact a "Total Disgrace or merely the "opinion" of a paltry few, who probably don't matter anyway.

..........anyone second that?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Well this is just your opinion, could I humbly suggest that we form a committee to look into whether non-acceptance of free loading Tossers is in fact a "Total Disgrace or merely the "opinion" of a paltry few, who probably don't matter anyway.

..........anyone second that?

Prior to the formation of a committee I think it's mission critical to form working group to provide precise definitions of "free loading tosser" & "total disgrace" in order to allow the committee to proactively look under the bonnet and get all it's ducks in a row.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Prior to the formation of a committee I think it's mission critical to form working group to provide precise definitions of "free loading tosser" & "total disgrace" in order to allow the committee to proactively look under the bonnet and get all it's ducks in a row.

I'll second that and I further propose that ShiftZZ be approached to act as Chairperson and that we should follow his recommendations as to the number and source of the persons sitting on this committee.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'll second that and I further propose that ShiftZZ be approached to act as Chairperson and that we should follow his recommendations as to the number and source of the persons sitting on this committee.

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: Are you absolutely sure about that? Just to run something up the flag pole I would have thought we need someone with more of a helicopter view to action the idea shower and deliver the strategic staircase.

Reactions: GJH
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think you'll find my honorable friend that ShiftZZ is in himself a Complete Shower and that we should make every effort to get him to climb the strategic staircase whilst his knees are in relatively good order. :restmycase:

:clap2::clap2::notworthy2::notworthy2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back