Victron Orion XS bug (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
There is a bug (or as Paula Vennells would say “anomalies and exceptions”) in the Orion XS.

In the app, if you go to Trends, it does not show any history. It only shows information from when you started the app. This isn’t how it’s supposed to work. Interestingly, the same bug is in the demo version.

I reported this to Victron a while ago, who passed it to Nigel Ivy (as the dealer), who has checked his Orion and confirmed it is a bug, and is passing it back to Victron. Hopefully Victron will issue a software update soon.

I’m amazed I’ve not seen any mention of this bug in any forums.

Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
There is a bug (or as Paula Vennells would say “anomalies and exceptions”) in the Orion XS.

In the app, if you go to Trends, it does not show any history. It only shows information from when you started the app. This isn’t how it’s supposed to work. Interestingly, the same bug is in the demo version.

I reported this to Victron a while ago, who passed it to Nigel Ivy (as the dealer), who has checked his Orion and confirmed it is a bug, and is passing it back to Victron. Hopefully Victron will issue a software update soon.

Whilst away I inadvertently noticed this, have you raised this on fb groups as they are extremely active and the xs is one of the hottest topics right now.

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Not that I really use the feature, this may help:

Screenshot 2024-05-25 130008.png

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp

That's how the shunt works. But I'd expect more from the new B2B. It should be at least as good as theb solar chargers.

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
That's how the shunt works. But I'd expect more from the new B2B. It should be at least as good as theb solar chargers.
I guess it will be in a firmware update at some point, but when.?. I tend to use VRM for historical stuff so don't miss it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
StillGoing
Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
There is no point in having Trends that allows you to go back 180 days if it only shows data from when you opened the app. Other models of Orion don’t have the Trends function so Victron have deliberately included it with the XS.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back