Victron Connect: Changing device name (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Have had a number of Victron devices fitted, all connectable to the Victron Connect app. When I connect to my iphone using the app, all the devices are listed. However, I’d like to change the name of the device for my purposes so that they show, for example “solar” for the MPPT controller, “B2B“ to the dc/dc charger, “Battery Monitor” for the smart shunt etc. This is possible to do because when we were given the hand over fitting the helpful technician did this with one device. But I‘ve forgotten how he did so.

When I went to the van today, I thought it would be obvious how to do it but I couldn’t see how to do it! I don‘t want to ring up the technician (I will if necessary) but feel sure I’ll get the answer on this site. Thanks.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just goi into setting of each device tap on the name and type whatever
Mine are allied TonyG BMV… TonyG B2B etc
Thats not a bad idea I only have a BMV but often on Aires I pick two or 3 other peoples and it spends ages trying to connect to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thats not a bad idea I only have a BMV but often on Aires I pick two or 3 other peoples and it spends ages trying to connect to them.
That’s exactly why we were advised to change the name and personalise it. But he only showed us on the smart shunt and we named it, unimaginatively, ‘Bailey’. Now we’d like to do it properly.

Last edited:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

I logged onto yours when we were at Quackers a few months back, and you have my dear wife to thank that all your settings were not changed, ........... well I thought it would be funny, but I was talked out of it. :ROFLMAO: 😜

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I logged onto yours when we were at Quackers a few months back, and you have my dear wife to thank that all your settings were not changed, ........... well I thought it would be funny, but I was talked out of it. :ROFLMAO: 😜
More important than changing name (which could incentivise your "friends" to mischief if you've set it so they know who is who) is to change the default password. Again all done through the Victron settings app on your phone.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
That’s exactly why we were advised to change the name and personalise it. But he only showed us on the smart shunt and we named it, unimaginatively, ‘Bailey’. Now we’d like to do it properly.
Thinking about the cost of the work, you could have named it Bailey Bill ... We did that with our SatNav but discovered our mistake too late when we set off on the return journey to chez nous ...

Steve

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I’ll also change the default PIN-log in so that no one can alter our settings even by accident nevermind for “a laugh”.🙂

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Just goi into setting of each device tap on the name and type whatever
Mine are allied TonyG BMV… TonyG B2B etc
On mine i had to tap on settings then tap on the three dots at the side and chose product info then tap on edit next to the name, that's using the Android app.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
On mine i had to tap on settings then tap on the three dots at the side and chose product info then tap on edit next to the name, that's using the Android app.
Thanks for the extra detail. I had to do exactly as you said and that’s using the Apple (spit) App! 🙂👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back