Vehicle tax scam (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Today I got a notice to say I had not paid tax on my car! This was a shock to me, for I had carefully paid it at the beginning of October along with another car the same day. Oddly, I was charged 50p, although the car has a zero tax rating. Today I spoke to the tax office and it seems there are clone sites for paying tax, third parties, which I must have used by mistake. The tax was not paid to the tax office and I lost 50p. Most vehicles pay hundreds of pounds for their road tax and I wonder if the third party tax collectors would have paid the DVLA or not. Is this a scam?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Usually you can request an email confirmation from the DVLA site.

Wonder if they have copied this too?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
On the front of the renewal notice there is a number to ring and do it over the phone , this is what I do.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Is this a scam?
Probably not, as you say, you may have used a non DVLA website, there are quite a few.

You should always check the web address to make sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My point was that they did not pass my cash or application on to tax office. By chance, our car is free of tax. I am assuming that most cars pay hundreds of pounds in road tax. Had I paid hundreds of pounds from my bank card, they could have kept the money, as they did with my 50p.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back