Vehicle fault codes and fixes. (1 Viewer)

Ice22

Free Member
Jan 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Citroen nrelay
Hi All.
I've been reading through the mechancial section and I'm very surprised not to find any information on vehicle fault codes , symptoms and fixes.
Maybe it would be a mine of information so people can let others know of their problems and how they got round to fixing themselves or having to get them fixed.
Things like,
Equipment used such as obd readers. Specific for vehicles.
Garages that offered trust worthy and fair pricing. Garaged based or mobile service.
Anyway its just a thought that might be of interest of setting-up.
Cheers
Ice22

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Those who drive Volkswagen, AUDI, SEAT, Skoda, Bentley and MAN TGE models can find all that they wish to know from the Ross-Tech website and purchase VCDS from a number of UK suppliers. Yes the equipment is expensive but is the best available outside the Volkswagen dealer network anywhere in the world. Once registered as a user owners of VCDS have FOC lifetime updates on the software and tech support from the company and forum covering most known faults, updates and modifications on all models.

It's a shame owners of other European vehicles don't have such a resource to call upon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
For the Fiat Ducato there is the Multiecuscan software (runs on windows laptop), sold by Gendan in the UK. Does almost everything possible for diagnosis, adjustment, servicing.

It wont work, with the very latest incarnation of vans (x295) since Fiat have fitted some sort of anti tamper device, a Security Gateway Module, and it doesn't know of all the latest modules such as the zf auto gearbox.

OP
OP
I

Ice22

Free Member
Jan 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Citroen nrelay
For the Fiat Ducato there is the Multiecuscan software (runs on windows laptop), sold by Gendan in the UK. Does almost everything possible for diagnosis, adjustment, servicing.

It wont work, with the very latest incarnation of vans (x295) since Fiat have fitted some sort of anti tamper device, a Security Gateway Module, and it doesn't know of all the latest modules such as the zf auto

Thank you for the welcome .
Funny that as I've recently obtained the system registered from a local chap with both cables for ÂŁ27 . Got used to understanding it but despite the van running rough and smoking it doesn't find any fault codes.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
if you look in the resource area you will find
This is specific to fiats and like VCDS vagcom having a specific help site for fiat we have the Fiatforum with many guides on how to use multiecuscan

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
This is one view on smoke colour (from ff)
white smoke unburnt fuel as seen on worn low compression diesels trying to start on a cold morning and black smoke excess fuel as in tractor pullers, boy racers and worn high mileage taxis.
With Fiats in particular knowledge of the precise engine age and type is usefull as they have charecteristic failings that those in the know know. Also a tad more info again is useful as would live data. Not all problems throw a code. Regard codes as an indicator of what country the problem is in. they are not definative change this sensor/ valve and it will work.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
if you look in the resource area you will find
This is specific to fiats and like VCDS vagcom having a specific help site for fiat we have the Fiatforum with many guides on how to use multiecuscan
I think you need to be a subscriber to get into the Resources section

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I think you need to be a subscriber to get into the Resources section
Well for most people it is a good enough reason to subscribe ( the resources that is )
but not for op has he already has MES.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I must have missed that where does it say the op has MES?
hoping i havent totaly missunderstood the post #8

Funny that as I've recently obtained the system registered from a local chap with both cables for ÂŁ27 . Got used to understanding it but despite the van running rough and smoking it doesn't find any fault codes.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hoping i havent totaly missunderstood the post #8

it looks like its me that missunderstood! i thought that quote was from Kannon Foda! but i can see now it s an over run on the quote.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back