VB Air suspension - Remote u/s. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had VB full air fitted three weeks ago and it has been working fine on the one trip up to Lincolnshire.
Moved the van around on the drive this evening ready to wash her tomorrow and thought I'd drop the front down to make cleaning the screen easier.
I have no power to the remote control, no lights and it doesn't do anything.
The compressor is running and the auto functions all seem to work, just nothing manual.
I pulled the 7.5 amp fuse that protects the remote and checked it on a meter and that was all ok.
Anyone have any ideas?
I know it was all ok when I collected the van from the fitters in Norfolk and I could kick myself for not trying all the functions before now. Bank Holiday weekend of course and we leave for 5 weeks in France on Wednesday.

Richard.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Found this online - troubleshooting

IMG_8625.PNG

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I would give fitters a ring if I were you they may be able to talk you through it sounds like a poor connection somewhere.
We have the EP jacking system with VB air and it will only work on the first selected control panel either remote or panel by the door if you want to change you have to start from scratch again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we had similar and get regular odd bleeps, pull the main fuse next to the compressor count to 10 refit

its going dark here now but will try and get a photo of mine before too dark

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks all.
@Robert Clark, I have the same info in the manual. Thanks for the info though.
@Speve. Thanks. yes, we also have both systems. They are working ok together i.e. The VB air dumps the air and lowers the van before the EP jacks take over.
@DavidG58. I pulled the 7.5a fuse as instructed by the manual but no effect. The 7.5 a covers the remote and there is a 40a for the compressor. The compressor runs ok so it can't be that one.

Richard.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
potential numpty alert here, been out and taken phots of ours, now think I might have been thinking about the E + P reset o_Oo_O

now not totally sure where our VB is powered from, but I do know the E + P and VB are interlinked

but also been thinking our controller defaults to blank as far as I know, only displays when something is active or wrong, ours often whistles an alarm when we raise legs particularly after using tilt option for draining. I press service button to fix most times, if that fails press raise, the drive off, the level auto drops and the alarm usually goes

sorry, only trying to help, now reads so badly I have probably confused more than helped o_O

but have a sunset to cheer you up even if the photos don't help

IMG_3151.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Try putting it into service mode first? I've reset a couple of wobbles on ours by going in and out of service.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks again all.
Lovely sunset @DavidG58. Thanks for taking the time to help.
@Xabia, no lights at all on the remote.
@Chipster, remote is as dead as a dodo so no service mode to access.

Looks like a trip to the installers on Tuesday when they re-open. Bit of a bugger as we had things lined up to do prior to going away on Wednesday. If we can't get it fixed it's not a big problem as all the automatic functions are working. It will just stop me playing with the extra toys and showing off. ;)

Richard.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There is another remote by the large operating unit. It will be connected by a lead. See if this one works. It may help narrow down the problem.

Are there any batteries in the main remote controller? Do they need changing?
Does your handbrake need to be on?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
There is another remote by the large operating unit. It will be connected by a lead. See if this one works. It may help narrow down the problem.

Are there any batteries in the main remote controller? Do they need changing?
Does your handbrake need to be on?
Just the one remote for the VB which is on a curly lead and doesn't need batteries, unlike the E&P system that has a battery remote plus the fixed control panel.
Handbrake is on and the air works in automatic mode.

The main thing is that the basic system is working fine so if it's not fixed before we go away it won't be a problem. Just means that I don't have that extra control for raising and lowering the van.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and suggestions. (y):D
I will get on to the fitters on Tuesday when they re-open. Looks like a trip over the border to Narfolk. Must remember the passport.

Richard.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Be interested in the diagnosis. Good luck.
Who fittted it?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Richard
Is it possible to trace the curly wire?
I'm wondering if there is a connector that may have come loose

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
IMG_1538.JPG
I don't know if your installation is the same as mine, I have attached a photo of the connection inside the fuse box at the side of the steering column (mine is LHD) and the wire from the remote runs to there. Is it possible that the white connector has come loose, or one of the wires from the remote to that position has come adrift?

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Be interested in the diagnosis. Good luck.
Who fittted it?
Fitted by Full Circle at Banham, Norfolk who also fitted the E&P jacks last year.
Richard
Is it possible to trace the curly wire?
I'm wondering if there is a connector that may have come loose
Traced the wire under the drivers seat and all looks ok there, connector is tight.
View attachment 182204 I don't know if your installation is the same as mine, I have attached a photo of the connection inside the fuse box at the side of the steering column (mine is LHD) and the wire from the remote runs to there. Is it possible that the white connector has come loose, or one of the wires from the remote to that position has come adrift?
My installation is similar and I checked the fuse but will now have a look to see if I can find that connector, thanks.

Richard.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Sorted! (y):D

Rang the fitters (Full Circle Enterprises) this morning but their fitter is on holiday until tomorrow (Wednesday, when we will be en-route to France) but they will contact him and ask him to call me.
Mark called from the camp site in Devon (how's that for great service?) to talk me through the possible causes of the fault and determined that the fault must be the remote itself or the connector under the drivers seat. He told me not to attempt to take the back off the remote as they are sealed and would invalidate the warranty if messed around with. Although I had previously had a good look at the connector and cable under the seat it was all bunched up and secured with a cable tie so I didn't interfere. This time I cut the cable tie and pulled the excess cable out along with the connector. A gentle tug on each of the very fine wires going into the connector revealed a loose white wire. Pushing it firmly back in resolved the problem.
All is now working as advertised.

@Xabia was spot on with his diagnosis but the white connector is under my seat rather than behind the dash on his van. Thank you Sir. (y)

Thanks again for all the suggestions and advice. :D

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back