LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Just had a problem with my Vanbitz Growler, not going off when opening the Hab door, turns out it was the original wiring to the door which was damaged and nothing to do with the alarm at all.
But the reason I write this is when I contacted Vanbitz about the problem, they emailed me saying they don’t recognise my phone number and that according to their records I’d sold the van.
I had changed my number so I sent them an email giving them my old number, and the new number. Eddie then rang me back and explained that some one called Steven @&@&£ had called to say he had recently bought the van and was trying to find info about any tracker attached etc. Eddie wouldn’t give any info to this person unless he could prove he was the new owner. He also says it happens quite often. Just goes to show what lengths these SCUMBAGS will go to get hold of your property.
You can be assured if your a Vanbitz customer that Eddie and the team are not stupid when it comes to this sort of scam, and will look after your interests, in my case because I had not informed them of my new number they had no way to contact me when this scammer tried to take ownership of my Van.
Thanks Eddie for being pro active against these scumbags.

Jan 2, 2018
Crewe
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford
Exp
2 years (second time around) Caravanners 40 years+
That's Good to know, Well done Vanbitz.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Fred Drift! I've had 2 text messages today within about 1/2 hour of each other, claiming to be from my Bank, indicating that an unauthorised device was trying to access my account. The giveaway, for anyone who also gets these texts, is that the message shows a mobile phone number. Text messages from my Bank [e.g. with the verification codes to sign on to online banking] are headed up with the name of the Bank, NOT with the number of a mobile.

The body of the text message looks quite convincing, giving a number to call if the 'unauthorised device' is not yours. Please do not respond to these messages or even open them.

Steve

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
1a4soh.jpg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Do you advertise what alarm system you have fitted to your motorhome?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Could it be that 'Steve' actually think he has bought your van but it was an eBay scammer advertising using a photo of your m/h?

OP
OP
Ukbandit

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Do you advertise what alarm system you have fitted to your motorhome?
Yes of course that is how they knew who to phone, Vanbitz supply the stickers as to warn potential thieves of the security. Obviously it is a way of the thieves knowing which system is fitted, but again how many does it deter compared to how many actually ring up to try and scam them out of information, not many i think.

OP
OP
Ukbandit

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Could it be that 'Steve' actually think he has bought your van but it was an eBay scammer advertising using a photo of your m/h?
Good point, but if so he didnt send any proof to Vanbitz that he had bought anything, and no follow up calls either.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Might be an idea to change the thread title to 'Vanbitz scam thwarted by Eddie!'
Very good idea Mel as the title is rather misleading! I’m sure that’s not what Graham meant.
Agree! Title sounds like it's Vanbitz are the scammers.. :(
Regardless of the title....it made everyone read the thread, raised the awareness and it made it immediately apparent that eddievanbitz and his team are all over this type of scam.

The
DB0CDDCB-EAE1-43CF-A9F5-B616325FC3B2.png

of van security it appears 👍🏼

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Yes of course that is how they knew who to phone, Vanbitz supply the stickers as to warn potential thieves of the security. Obviously it is a way of the thieves knowing which system is fitted, but again how many does it deter compared to how many actually ring up to try and scam them out of information, not many i think.
Much as I am a great supporter of VanBitz and their products, I specifically requested no 'vanbitz' security stickers on my van.
Due to the blue flashing LED's it's very obviously fitted with some serious security, but which system to start looking for would be difficult even for a professional thief

It's good to know that VanBitz is fairly secure, Maybe they should set up a 'members' web site where you have to log in annually to confirm all your details, which also might remind you to update info.

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Much as I am a great supporter of VanBitz and their products, I specifically requested no 'vanbitz' security stickers on my van.
Do to the blue flashing LED's it's very obviously fitted with some serious security, but which system to start looking for would be difficult even for a professional thief

It's good to know that VanBitz is fairly secure, Maybe they should set up a 'members' web site where you have to log in annually to confirm all your details, which also might remind you to update info.
the application of the Vanbitz stickers is not compulsory. I was given one for each alarmed door when the alarm was fitted and it was up to me whether I put them on or not.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We only got some very small stickers with our alarm so we bought some triangular generic ones and stuck them on locker doors etc so anyone who thinks of breaking in is warned we have one fitted, better than a specific make sticker IMV.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Regardless of the title....it made everyone read the thread, raised the awareness and it made it immediately apparent that eddievanbitz and his team are all over this type of scam.

The
View attachment 481240
of van security it appears 👍🏼
Trouble is that when people search the internet and see a thread title 'Vanbitz scam' doesn't necessarily give the right impression unless you go on to read it in detail.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
We only got some very small stickers with our alarm so we bought some triangular generic ones and stuck them on locker doors etc so anyone who thinks of breaking in is warned we have one fitted, better than a specific make sticker IMV.
(y) That {generic sticker advice} or swap stickers with someone that has a different alarm make or manufacturer to you.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Yes........ and........... Bovril!! Cannot think about Bovril without remembering the Jasper carrot sketch about a visit to Old trafford
Jasper Carrot sketch on Derby fans, indicating that they may not be the brightest of individuals: '2, 4, ... [4+2 =?], 6, 8. Who do we appreciate? 'P.R.O.G.R.A.M.M.E.' ... 'DERBY! (y) :rolleyes:

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back