LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
The cytrac system is what we have fitted and it worked great in Soest and Paderborn. Could you give some feedback on its reception in Italy please? Thinking of Lake Garda area later this year or next. (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Collected motorhome from Vanbitz after having Cytrac fitted good job done, didn't get discount though,it would seem you have to be a motorhomefun member at time of booking not when work is done.Now all set for Luxembourg,Germany & Italy next month.

I must say that does seem a bit mean spirited.

Can't imagine what difference it makes when you quote the discount code.

Hopefully @eddievanbitz will read this and refund you 10% as their reputation is surely worth more than a silly rule.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I must say that does seem a bit mean spirited.

Can't imagine what difference it makes when you quote the discount code.

Hopefully @eddievanbitz will read this and refund you 10% as their reputation is surely worth more than a silly rule.
The point of the discount is to encourage people to join motorhome fun

If people are not even members when they book, let alone give us the subscriber code, it makes it very hard for us to Police and ends in arguements when we're trying to promote FUN

If we ask everyone that is paying a bill "would you like 10% discount" strangely that all say "Yes" even if they are not members

OP
OP
Ed Matravers
Jun 13, 2017
Winsford Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carado i449 a class
Exp
Since 2012
I was not aware of discount at time of booking but mentioned it at payment but never mind I will know better next time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The point of the discount is to encourage people to join motorhome fun

If people are not even members when they book, let alone give us the subscriber code, it makes it very hard for us to Police and ends in arguements when we're trying to promote FUN

If we ask everyone that is paying a bill "would you like 10% discount" strangely that all say "Yes" even if they are not members

Your business - your rules Eddie

Can't help but think the OP has been left with a nasty taste in his mouth.

That's bad for businesses

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Your business - your rules Eddie

Can't help but think the OP has been left with a nasty taste in his mouth.

That's bad for businesses
God forgive me for posting this, but surly eddies rules have not been broken, if it is to get more to join, well it did , he joined, so deserves his discount(n)

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Even without the discount, the hospitality and standards Eddies team adhere too would sway me to use them even if I was not a member of Fun as Vanbitz is not exactly local to me. My last visit cost me about £1500, though I would have gladly paid the non discounted price just for the peace of mind of having the Growler and non start system fitted. In my opinion you get what you pay for whether it is discounted or not. JMTW (y)

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
When I first visited Vanbitz to get the Gaslow fitted I spoke to Lynne (spelling may be wrong) and she asked me if I was a member of Fun which I was and supplied the relevant code to her. If I had booked in to get some work done prior to joining Fun I would have let them know prior to the visit that I had joined Fun and after meeting Lynne and Ash I have no doubt that the discount would then have been applied. IMHO Vanbitz cannot be held to check every booking against membership on here for the discount to apply, that is for the bookee to inform Vanbitz that they are a member even after the initial booking has been made. (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ten Percent off some of the stuff Eddie Fits and sells equals a hefty discount and members of the public were taking the pee, so he decided that unless you say you are a Funster at the time of booking they can't give you a discount. Not mean-sprited at all, rather that than lose the exclusive discount altogether!

Eddie mentions that you need to claim it at the time of booking over 4000 times on this forum!

On the discount page could anyone suggest how we could make this clearer? Link Removed

OP
OP
Ed Matravers
Jun 13, 2017
Winsford Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carado i449 a class
Exp
Since 2012
Ok I have got the message but after being told I had no discount I duly paid and then booked in for a strike back to be fitted in August and no mention of a code was made by reception so does this mean I also get no discount on that!

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We are on Vanbitz campsite now and I must say its a cracking site I would stay here even if I was not getting any work done.

Fresh eggs and veg delivered to your van every day and its so hot Eddie will be running out of air con units soon :D;)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
For a minute I thought you said fried eggs delivered every day, now that would be some service. :LOL:

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
We are on Vanbitz campsite now and I must say its a cracking site I would stay here even if I was not getting any work done.

Fresh eggs and veg delivered to your van every day and its so hot Eddie will be running out of air con units soon :D;)
So are we. Cracking site. Just had strikeback and growler fitted today. Excellent 10%discount on £1500 great value. Only downside is the view is spoiled by this bloody enormous carthago outside my door::bigsmile:. Good evening sir:smiley:(y)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Sorry forgot to say. Many thanks again Eddie great service as usual(y). Second van for us and second strickback and growler. Excellent piece of kit excellent staff. Thanks

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I for one support Eddie on this. Having run a company in the past that offered 'specific' discounts. I made the mistake of making an exception once and word got round and the offer was very quickly abused. From then on, when creating an offer, I made very strict and clear rules and was very even handed on how they were applied.

If you bought from Eddie without knowledge of the discount then you bought thinking the price was fair and would be happy with the service. Nothing has changed.

Next time you are looking for a service Eddie offers, mention at booking time and get the discount.

Even though I have never taken Eddie up on his services, I am grateful for his very generous offer to the fun community. Nice one @eddievanbitz (y)

Ok I have got the message but after being told I had no discount I duly paid and then booked in for a strike back to be fitted in August and no mention of a code was made by reception so does this mean I also get no discount on that!
You need to mention the fact that you are funster at the time you booked to get the discount. The receptionist cannot possibly ask every person "are you a funster?".

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
On the discount page could anyone suggest how we could make this clearer?
You could tattoo it on your forehead and dance around naked. On second thoughts.... :eek:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
So are we. Cracking site. Just had strikeback and growler fitted today. Excellent 10%discount on £1500 great value. Only downside is the view is spoiled by this bloody enormous carthago outside my door::bigsmile:. Good evening sir:smiley:(y)

Glad your happy with your alarm it was nice to meet you both and have a chat safe travels you will have a great time .

Paul

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Crikey , give Eddie a break. He is running a business and it's up to the customer to sort out any discount at the point of ordering.

He is dealing with many people who probably have never even heard of Motorhome Fun yet some on here seem to expect him to mention the 10% discount to all and sundry.:rolleyes:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You contacted us to have an Oyster fitted.

Your were not a member of MHF

You joined MHF last week and posted "Hi"

You collected you van and asked if you could have discount and we said not retrospectively, but it would you apply on anything else you bought from now on

You booked additional work in for our next available slot end of August and Lyn told you that you would get 10% discount

We simply can't ask everyone "would you like 10%?"

IF your a member when you book and ASK for the discount, we will ask you for the 6 digit subscriber code only visible to people who pay to belong to Motorhome FUN

So long as you do this you get 10%

It is a discont to claim

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I only got 5% and the eggs were stale and Eddie was as drunk as a skunk, there was litter everywhere, lap dancers sitting on all the benches, RFU propoganda shoved through the van window,loud music, ie Swing Lo at 3:30AM bit of dejavu (Cardiff).

Seriously not a bad gaff, Eddie is,ok, for a token Nigel.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You contacted us to have an Oyster fitted.

Your were not a member of MHF

You joined MHF last week and posted "Hi"

You collected you van and asked if you could have discount and we said not retrospectively, but it would you apply on anything else you bought from now on

You booked additional work in for our next available slot end of August and Lyn told you that you would get 10% discount

We simply can't ask everyone "would you like 10%?"

IF your a member when you book and ASK for the discount, we will ask you for the 6 digit subscriber code only visible to people who pay to belong to Motorhome FUN

So long as you do this you get 10%

It is a discont to claim

Can,t be much fairer than that can he, surely.

By the way, just in case I need it, where do you find the code?

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
And that is why we as a business don't get involved in discounts or anything like that .We just give people the best possible price that we can we no hidden agenda.Anything in the motor industry ,beit cars ,trucks motorcycles ,motorhomes is always wide open to criticism,niggles ,complaints with very little praise or satisfaction being spoke about.Ive met Eddie and Lynne a few times at the shows and they seem an absolute spot on couple running with their sons a very efficient family company and at the same time giving excellent value for money.We are on Cornish Farm site at the moment for a few days ,we not having any work done because the kind advice that I was given by Eddie deemed that what I was thinking about doing wasn't worth it so thank you for that Eddie.
We go somewhere for work to be done ,not for a discount ,but for quality workmanship and good value for money,and that is exactly what Eddie ,Lynne and their crew are offering .
Brian & Jo

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Can,t be much fairer than that can he, surely.

By the way, just in case I need it, where do you find the code?

Look under "Quick Links" and you will see "Subscriber Discounts"

It's there.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
I agree with Brian's comments above and I also applaud Eddie for sticking to his guns.
Every special offer/discount has terms and conditions attached to them and Eddie's quite clearly states you need to quote the code when booking your appointment if you not do this then no discount simples.
I for one and i am sure many others on here would still buy products and services from vanbitz as the reputation they have is second to none and you can be certain that the installation will be carried out professionally and the after sales is superb to say the least and the 10% is just nice to have. i would still make the long journey to Taunton even if there was no discount as I am more interested in quality of products and workmanship and dealing with professional people.
Gary and Janet

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I had a very telly and radio fitted back in January. And a won't start.
When Ash gave me the bill there was no 10% deducted and I raised this with him in a friendly way.
His reply was as Eddies, I needed to claim the discount at time of booking.
I did, I timidly replied ( hoping I was correct), it was in my email to you.
One quick check later and I was £160.00 better off. No questions or arguments.
Brilliant service and company.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back