Van bitz urgent assistance required. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Had a Growler and Non starter fitted on Wednesday.... been OK until now... we're stuck in waitrose carpark in Cornwall and the van will not start even though the non starter is disabled. Ignition co.es on and is registered on app as son but nothing happens. What do I do or who can I call?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Had a Growler and Non starter fitted on Wednesday.... been OK until now... we're stuck in waitrose carpark in Cornwall and the van will not start even though the non starter is disabled. Ignition co.es on and is registered on app as son but nothing happens. What do I do or who can I call?
Eddievanbitz
Bump

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Did you arm the Non Starter and block the engine from starting while you were in the store?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I havenā€™t had any personal experience of Vanbitz, but have read hundreds of recommendations from other forum members. I would have thought you were given contact details for support.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Did you arm the Non Starter and block the engine from starting while you were in the store?
No I was with the van ....I think.... maybe walking away, not sure, you've got me wondering now. I've tried to reset with the grey key but it hasn't helped.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
I've tried rearming and disarming again but no joy...although it does register as armed/disarmed

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Did you get a small round zapper when you had the kit installed? Not the ones with two blue buttons though. Sometimes outside interference can ā€œ jam ā€œ the signal. The round zapper ( coded to your set up ) gets round this problem. Only happens very occasionally but if it does, your temporarily stuffed!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Did you get a small round zapper when you had the kit installed? Not the ones with two blue buttons though. Sometimes outside interference can ā€œ jam ā€œ the signal. The round zapper ( coded to your set up ) gets round this problem. Only happens very occasionally but if it does, your temporarily stuffed!
No round zapper but I do have the grey masterswitch which I've tried and doesn't work.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
No didn't get a round fob just the grey master key which I've had to unscrew the dash to try it in slot...but it doesn't stay in there seems spring loaded.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Had same issue.

Block and unblock a couple times.

Ring metatrak customer services

+442033320121

and explain issue, think they perform a remote system reset.
Thank you couldn't find a number for them, will call now.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Does the app not perform the emergency function now instead of the additional fob? Mine has a System Reset Button, though I've never pushed it yet. Probably because I never arm it if I have the keys on me, I don't really see the point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Had same issue.

Block and unblock a couple times.

Ring metatrak customer services

+442033320121

and explain issue, think they perform a remote system reset.
Thanks they are closed :-( .I will try cycling block several times

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
My non start is enabled/ disabled using the phone app, which also has bluetooth if there is no phone signal.. Didnt get a grey master key for the non start , but do have one for the alarm.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
No round zapper but I do have the grey masterswitch which I've tried and doesn't work.
The grey Masterswitch as you called it, does it look like a usb memory stick if so thatā€™s for rebooting system only.
Do you have a key fob possibly blue in colour?
Also did youhave the Metatrac app put on your phone? If so you can reset the immobilezer from there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Albacore
Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Thank you all so much for your prompt assistance, it certainly made me feel less helpess! I really didnt want the RAC trying to fix it! We have now safely arrived at the Eden Project and I tested the non starter again and it worked as expected and disabled correctly. Teething problems perhaps...but not as serious as my speedo issue which is now hanging at 4oclock on the dial when stationary! Thank god for GPS speed indicators!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back