Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The alarm we have is a Cobra and if I need to disarm the sensors for sleeping at night I have to turn the ignition in then within 5 seconds press a button on the dash then press the second button down on The fob.. That way it alarms without the beeper sounding.
If I just use the fob to do the same thing ,ie press the middle button on the fob once then press it again within 5 seconds the alarm emits 5 beeps.
I dont want it to beep as it would disturb other vans In The vicinity.
How can I get it NOT to beep when arming without the faff of turning the ignition off and on every night?

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
After setting it with the Two Presses isn't there a lop right button press this and it's set silently?

No. It's 3 buttons in a row. The top one unlocks the vehicle,the middle one alarms it and the bottom one is the Central locking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Fiat.keys2_.jpg like this

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
My cobra alarm is a pain to set with the interior sensors disabled - having to turn on ignition, press buttons etc each time.
I am thinking of talking it out and replacing with something else....

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
My cobra alarm is a pain to set with the interior sensors disabled - having to turn on ignition, press buttons etc each time.
I am thinking of talking it out and replacing with something else....

The alarm can be set disabling the interior sensors using the method I described earlier but it does beep which I don't want.
quote...If I just use the fob to do the same thing ,ie press the middle button on the fob once then press it again within 5 seconds the alarm emits 5 beeps....it does set the interior sensors this way.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our previous van had a Cobra alarm. We had to faff about in the same way to set it at night. On researching it I found that different models of Cobra alarms work in different ways. So best to say what model yours is.

I made sure I did not fit a Cobra alarm in my new van.

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
We have a new (to us) van with a Cobra 300 ? alarm, it has same key fob as you have, but also a round grey one with two buttons. It doesn't matter what I do it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas ??

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
@Welsh girl, if you are anywhere near Cheltenham(funster map) you could contact Motormods. They are very knowledgeable when it comes to Cobra alarms.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We have a Cobra 4615 alarm which is supposed to be specifically for motorhomes. We arm the alarm via the standard door locking button on the key fob and we have a small internal switch that we use to switch off the internal microwave sensor at night. No beeps nothing like that!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back