Marmite

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
SW Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T 6757
Exp
Fitting TPMS today and the Schraeder valve on the NSF is too deep for the TPMS to open the valve. On inspection it is set deeper than the other valves and the TPMS button went straight on these with a little gassing...no such thing on the NSF.

Any suggestions on how to fix this please.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Looks like it's a visit to the tyre depot to get the valve reset so more is showing. They'll probably need to remove the tyre.

Edit. As pappajohn said, might need a new valve the correct length to match the others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Marmite

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
SW Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T 6757
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

The valve exterior is the same length as the other 3, it's just the Schraeder valve insert is set lower. Must only be a couple of mm ... It's just noticeable.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks for the replies.

The valve exterior is the same length as the other 3, it's just the Schraeder valve insert is set lower. Must only be a couple of mm ... It's just noticeable.
They might be able to get away with a new inner valve .They do come in different lengths. They just unscrew & screw in a new longer one-

OP
OP
M

Marmite

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
SW Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T 6757
Exp
Thanks...will try the local tyre fitter in the morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Marmite

Free Member
Jun 14, 2020
SW Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T 6757
Exp
Sorry, good shout if I had problems reaching the valve, but my issue is that the core is too deep in the stem so the release valve doesn't trigger when I put the TPMS sensor on. Three tyres OK, and tried those sensors on this one just in case it was an issue with the particular sensor, but to no avail. Essentially, the central button in the core is too low for the sensor to open the valve when fitted, thus it does not open up the air flow.

I can just get enough on whern I am pumping the yres up, but it isn't as easy on this tyre than the other 3

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back