Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
Went online last night to try and sort my jab out. Didnt know my NHS number so it said enter your name, the site didn't recognise the spelling of my first name, so that was that. First thing this morning, Val tried again and I got offered a few options, Durham, Bishop Auckland, Morecambe, Ulverston and Lancaster. None of them are less than 70 miles each way from my address. I plumped for Lancaster at 6:30pm tomorrow as it's an easy 80 mile dash each way on the M6 and once I'd selected that, Newcastle (120 mile round trip) came up as an option for my second jab. I'm pleased I'm getting the jab and it's an opportunity to give the car a decent run out, but how many others would be able to do this ?
About 20 minutes after I'd finished, the Postie arrived with my letter saying I was eligible and to go online to book !
Would be a good opportunity to give the van a run out, I sure the cops would accept your appointment as a essential journey.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Myself & the boss had ours over three weeks ago .Got vaxed at a local centre, Did not get dates for 2nd
Was told to go on line to book 2nd vax .All sorted now with dates for 2nd vax for end of april
I believe the system is that you have the same vaccine as used for the first jab, but since the jab stations (insist that) they never know which vaccine they will be sent until it arrives I do wonder how they can issue 2nd appointments to the appropriate people.
It seems unlikely to me that they don't know which one they will get as they have to be stored and prepared differently and it means that they must all have minus 70deg freezers. I suspect they say they don't know to avoid jabbees picking and choosing which one to have.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Would be a good opportunity to give the van a run out, I sure the cops would accept your appointment as a essential journey.
I would have done, but yesterday's job was removing it's leaky radiator and I didn't pick up the replacement one till late this afternoon.
I've decided I'm having a well deserved day off tomorrow, hopefully !:sleep:
20210301_152659.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I believe the system is that you have the same vaccine as used for the first jab, but since the jab stations (insist that) they never know which vaccine they will be sent until it arrives I do wonder how they can issue 2nd appointments to the appropriate people.
It seems unlikely to me that they don't know which one they will get as they have to be stored and prepared differently and it means that they must all have minus 70deg freezers. I suspect they say they don't know to avoid jabbees picking and choosing which one to have.
I suspect its on your records ,Because you input your NHS Number at least two weeks after first vax

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I suspect its on your records ,Because you input your NHS Number at least two weeks after first vax
Yes I realise that but my point is that the jab centres (say that) they don't know which vaccine they will have until it arrives.............at least that what I hear and read.

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes I realise that but my point is that the jab centres (say that) they don't know which vaccine they will have until it arrives.............at least that what I hear and read.
I go for mine Thursday I will ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back