Vaccination certificate (1 Viewer)

Lemut

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 18, 2020
Redditch, UK
Funster No
MH
Class C
Android and Apple version of the French Covid contact app available via links on this page + some more useful info.....

Djenks

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
Prestbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t 564
Exp
Been in France, Spain and Portugal for the last 8 weeks.
Didn’t need the App while in France (during our first 3weeks in the Van) but was occasionally asked to produce vaccination certificates at camp sites. We will return to France within the next month and will endeavour to download the French App beforehand (not least because we will need the App to access bars, restaurants, etc). Things are tightening up in France.
No problems in the north of Spain where there has been no mention of the App. Only rarely have we been asked to produce certificates (at the occasional camp site in Spain).
Portugal has been a mixed bag with my wife and I both being asked to take an antigen test on two occasions despite her producing an English vaccination certificate and me having the Welsh certificate. Most camp sites do still accept the paper vaccination certificates.
My wife now has the App and is in a better place than when she just had the certificate. The Welsh certificate I obtained early in June is a waste of space since the QR code on the certificate cannot be read by hand held QR readers over here in Portugal. The certificate itself is enough however to get into most campsites.
My advice is to get the App working before you travel and to also bring paper certificates with you.

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
Does the French Tout AntiCovid Verif app work like our track and trace or is it just for proof of our vaccination? I noticed when I downloaded the app I was asked to turn bluetooth on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2019
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680 A Cl
Exp
Since June 20
Does the French Tout AntiCovid Verif app work like our track and trace or is it just for proof of our vaccination? I noticed when I downloaded the app I was asked to turn bluetooth on.
You have the option of deactivating so it won't track and trace you

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Glad we are not planning on going abroad at the moment as:

1. We live in and were vaccinated in Scotland which doesn't appear to have any sort of system recognised elsewhere
2. We don't have smart phones and don't want them.
That lot in Holyrood should have got this sorted IMO .

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Yes it does. We tested the paper version, the NHS App, and the French TousAntiCovid App 3 days ago over here.
Yes it does. We tested the paper version, the NHS App, and the French TousAntiCovid App 3 days ago over here.
thanks Debs. I have been previously advised that the paper version only has a barcode and not the qr code.

Aug 19, 2020
Wilts
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
Since 2007
Anthea, don't forget the "on-your-honour" form to keep our french cousins happy. I downloaded it quite easily, tidied it up into one page of A4 and typed in our details, ahead of time for our trip next month. Madam has done the clever stuff with the NHS/French app for the other bit.

I've even copied their similar forms for leaving France into either amber or green countries. At present their system says that fully vaccinated travellers don't need them, but you never know. It doesn't help that they list the rest of the EU as green, while we list most of it as amber.

I see the comments about the "problem" with disparity in names. As long as the first name & surname are the same, I hope it shouldn't be a problem. After all, it is the NHS transferring the information themselves, not us. A UK driving licence, to link name, DoB and home address should be the final link in the system if anyone asks silly questions. I hope!

Happy travels,
CB.

Aug 19, 2020
Wilts
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
Since 2007
Captain Birdseye - as regards middle names, The Boss has just been on the blower to the Govt Covid advice people and has been told quite specifically that: "The NHS will ONLY use you first name and surname on the Covid App. Middle names do NOT come into it".
Hope that helps.
CB.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Just about given up Govt website says name on qr code must be same as passport, to get the euro one needed in ‘France, it only has my first and surname, Gp says it is Covid app fault Covid app says it is Gp’s fault. doubt we will get it sorted this year. John’s doesn’t have his middle name either and passports have the surname first 😱😱😱😱😱

Aug 19, 2020
Wilts
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
Since 2007
I think some of the name discrepancy issues are more from people who still have medical records in old names, but passports in new ones, etc etc.
The Boss has had no problem in obtaining her UK Covid App.

Also, why would the French Covid App know what names are on your passport?

CB.

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
KonTiki 640 (an old one)!
Exp
Since 2008
I've seen people using the paper one on a campsite in the Vendee so just assumed they'd be OK. Maybe double check as I'd hate to give you wrong info x

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
I have just spoken w
Captain Birdseye - as regards middle names, The Boss has just been on the blower to the Govt Covid advice people and has been told quite specifically that: "The NHS will ONLY use you first name and surname on the Covid App. Middle names do NOT come into it".
Hope that helps.
CB.
I have just discussed this with 119. I have been told by them that the lack of middle names on the Coronovirus vaccination certificates (thus not the same as on passports) is definitely causing problems when people travel outwith the UK. I asked if travellers were being turned away and I was told yes.
I was also told that the system has not been set up to use full names and this would be alright when in the UK. It didn't sound as if anything was going to be done about it for those people travelling further afield.

Mar 2, 2014
North East
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Here's an answer I got from my enquiry via email.
1st answer basically said to speak to GP (not a lot of help at all)
This answer does actually tell you where to look to see if your details are correct in the app and the fact that the covid pass has not been set up for full names.
When I check my name as detailed in the email, my full name is actually there!
But obviously not there in the pass.

as they have mentioned in the email I've actually raised this as a complaint so that it gets escalated and hopefully they will keep me updated

Attachments

• 969A5DCB-158E-483B-94C3-96F0D114B97D.png
    969A5DCB-158E-483B-94C3-96F0D114B97D.png
    667.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 7B90B873-CD35-4C82-AB56-9600E4539F54.png
    7B90B873-CD35-4C82-AB56-9600E4539F54.png
    721.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I fail to see why gov.uk are so insistent on names being complete? As long as first & last name are correct & in any order there should be no problem.My wife's middle name is Sandra. according to her spanish medical cards, driving licence , residencia ,etc; etc, she is "Sand" ? No one has ever said anything? I've given up pointing it out?
As long as it ties up there should not be a problem. The spanish often put the last name first followed by your first & then middle name.
Elsewhere it will be middle name , first name ,then last name.
& somewhere else ,last name, middle name,first name.🤷‍♂️

my passport is last name, then first & middle the same as my residencia & driving licence but the medical card is first,middle ,last yet the EU digital certificate taken from medical records is last,first ,middle?🤷‍♂️ then I have the online "Patient Portal"app showing everything including the EU digital cert & that is first ,middle ,last.

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
I fail to see why gov.uk are so insistent on names being complete? As long as first & last name are correct & in any order there should be no problem.
My understanding of what I was told by the assistant on 119 is that it is not the UK insisting on full names, indeed middle names aren't necessary in the UK, but that some countries are insisting on vaccination certificates which match the name on the travellers' passports. I was asking about paper certificates.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My understanding of what I was told by the assistant on 119 is that it is not the UK insisting on full names, indeed middle names aren't necessary in the UK, but that some countries are insisting on vaccination certificates which match the name on the travellers' passports. I was asking about paper certificates.
As I posted neither my residencia ,which is what I would be using anywhere in the EU, or my passport match up to my EU digital vaccine certificate . Neither do they match my spanish medical card or the patient application.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I have just spoken w

I have just discussed this with 119. I have been told by them that the lack of middle names on the Coronovirus vaccination certificates (thus not the same as on passports) is definitely causing problems when people travel outwith the UK. I asked if travellers were being turned away and I was told yes.
I was also told that the system has not been set up to use full names and this would be alright when in the UK. It didn't sound as if anything was going to be done about it for those people travelling further afield.
I had a conversation with NHS inform Scotland today and the operator admitted that they’d had numerous calls about the lack of middle names on the certificates

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
The Pass the NHS send you by mail only has a barcode, but the option to SavePrint) a PDF from the NHS web site or App prints with the QR code.
There are two French Apps - tousanticovid and the tousanticvid Verif app. I understand that the Verif app checks the validity of the QR code.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Glad we are not planning on going abroad at the moment as:

1. We live in and were vaccinated in Scotland which doesn't appear to have any sort of system recognised elsewhere
2. We don't have smart phones and don't want them.
I registered from Scotland about 12 days ago. Had to login to Patient Access Account, follow the 'COVID Passport Page' link and then emerged, Narnia like, onto the main NHS website where the data collection and back and forth of security codes occurred. We were in a rain sodden Dumfries & Galloway/East Ayrshire at the time and the 3G was very flaky, so it took about 3 attempts to register, but I did have an electronic record of vaccination. IIRC, I have to log back in again within 30 days to keep the 'Passport' current, presumably so that I can verify that I am still in the land of the living and that I haven't had any COVID symptoms or contacts? As a bonus, the gash on my head from nutting the m/home window has healed up and the scab fallen off, so I'm in fine health! :LOL:

Steve

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
When both of us had had our two jabs (not a very good smart phone user) I asked for a paper copies in English and French they said allow five days and the arrived in five days.

Colyboy

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I registered from Scotland about 12 days ago. Had to login to Patient Access Account, follow the 'COVID Passport Page' link and then emerged, Narnia like, onto the main NHS website where the data collection and back and forth of security codes occurred. We were in a rain sodden Dumfries & Galloway/East Ayrshire at the time and the 3G was very flaky, so it took about 3 attempts to register, but I did have an electronic record of vaccination. IIRC, I have to log back in again within 30 days to keep the 'Passport' current, presumably so that I can verify that I am still in the land of the living and that I haven't had any COVID symptoms or contacts? As a bonus, the gash on my head from nutting the m/home window has healed up and the scab fallen off, so I'm in fine health! :LOL:

Steve

Not sure that would be recognised outside the UK though - and we don't have smart phones.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Drove off ferry straight into France. Not stopped.
Have you tried it yet in cafe or restaurant? Our Scottish neighbours haven’t tried theirs since arriving . Would be interested to hear experiences of other Scots .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back