Vaccination certificate (1 Viewer)

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
I plan on going to Portugal in a few weeks. I've had my both jabs. Luckily my other half sent off for our vaccination certificates. Because mine came back saying that I'd only had one jab and therefore they couldn't issue me with a certificate. So after phoning everyone and their dog I finally managed to get it put on the system. The reason I mention this is so you don't leave it to close to your holidays before you decide to apply or download it. Apparently it can take between 5 and 10 working days to update the system. You could just go online and check all is OK.
Colin.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
My question has probably been answered to death somewhere, but can anyone tell me whether my paper version vaccine certificate has the QR code that France and others are asking for?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
My question has probably been answered to death somewhere, but can anyone tell me whether my paper version vaccine certificate has the QR code that France and others are asking for?

Thanks.
There is no QR code on my partners paper certificate. It does however have a unique reference like a barcode. But it isn't a QR code.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Our languages teacher at school says … You can upload everything to the French site as JPEG, PNG, etc. It will be easier when the Scottish app is available. The paper certificate comes through very quickly.

OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
I wonder how I can now have one to show, bearing in mind that I donot have a smart phone...
Do you need one (QR code) if you have the certificate?

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
You need the French version of the nhs app.
It’s compulsory to enter pretty much everywhere in France from last Monday
You can scan the code from your certificate or smart phone nhs app in to it

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
When I scan my 2nd vaccination QR it says "Valid" if I scan my first vaccination it says "invalid" Do you just scan your 2nd?

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Our languages teacher at school says … You can upload everything to the French site as JPEG, PNG, etc. It will be easier when the Scottish app is available. The paper certificate comes through very quickly.
Scrub that.
There were multiple reports in national press saying Scottish vaccinated folk can’t meet the French requirements because the QR code system isn’t finished.

OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
When I scan my 2nd vaccination QR it says "Valid" if I scan my first vaccination it says "invalid" Do you just scan your 2nd?
Screenshot_20210812-230738_Chrome.jpg
Do you scan the QR code from the paper copy using your mobile phone ? Also when you download pdf it only lasts 30 days then you have to login again and redownload. I think 🤔

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We are heading through the tunnel in the early hours of 28th so downloaded and printed 2 copies each of our vaccination documents yesterday, including the QR code. As far as I know that is the only “certificate” available, certainly from NHS Wales.
Yes they’re only valid for 30 days but we will print more before we come back in November.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It sounds as though it was quite simple here in Poland as our Dr. printed off our certificates including QR code just after we had the second jab.

Only checked at Greek border at Patras port and again at Krakow airport when flying back here. Both visual checks not scanned.

Geoff

OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
Yes. It’s the second jab/QR code that shows you’re fully vaccinated.
How does one scan their QR code. I thought the code would be on your mobile or ipad etc. What do you scan the code with and how does it say valid or invalid 🤔
Tia Colin.

Jun 2, 2018
Beautiful North Wales border
Funster No
MH
Carado T449
Exp
Since 2015
How does one scan their QR code. I thought the code would be on your mobile or ipad etc. What do you scan the code with and how does it say valid or invalid 🤔
Tia Colin
I did this:

Download the TousAntiCovidVerif app on to the iPad from this link. Android presumably also available.

Then I visited the NHS Covid passport site on my phone (or you could use the NHS app if you are registered with a GPin England). I used the website as I’m registered in Wales. Both do the same thing.

You’ll need to register first and this includes going through an electronic ID check as you are creating an NHS login if you don’t already have one.

Once you are set up, login on the website and follow links to Travel Pass. It’ll show green if you are double vaxed. Click the green bar and it will show your QR code. Tap the arrow to move between your first and second jab QR codes.

Go back to the iPad and click to scan a QR code the Tous app. Scan the second QR code on your phone screen with the iPad and it should show Valid on the Tous app.

That’s all the Tous app does - confirm your NHS Covid pass is valid.

NB the NHS QR code regenerates every time you login. If you request a paper one by post, it lasts for 30 days.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
You can also print it off from the site. We’re heading through the tunnel on 28th and have printed off two copies each, laminated one so that is available to scan if requested, the other is a spare.
We‘ll probably be away until early November so we will do the same before our return trip.

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
KonTiki 640 (an old one)!
Exp
Since 2008

Thanks.
Yes it does. We tested the paper version, the NHS App, and the French TousAntiCovid App 3 days ago over here.

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
You need the French version of the nhs app.
It’s compulsory to enter pretty much everywhere in France from last Monday
You can scan the code from your certificate or smart phone nhs app in to it
You can also use the NHS App I France now to show the certificate

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
I did this:

Download the TousAntiCovidVerif app on to the iPad from this link. Android presumably also available.

Then I visited the NHS Covid passport site on my phone (or you could use the NHS app if you are registered with a GPin England). I used the website as I’m registered in Wales. Both do the same thing.

You’ll need to register first and this includes going through an electronic ID check as you are creating an NHS login if you don’t already have one.

Once you are set up, login on the website and follow links to Travel Pass. It’ll show green if you are double vaxed. Click the green bar and it will show your QR code. Tap the arrow to move between your first and second jab QR codes.

Go back to the iPad and click to scan a QR code the Tous app. Scan the second QR code on your phone screen with the iPad and it should show Valid on the Tous app.

That’s all the Tous app does - confirm your NHS Covid pass is valid.

NB the NHS QR code regenerates every time you login. If you request a paper one by post, it lasts for 30 days.

Hope this helps.
Exactly this but I use TousAntiCovid rather than the verif one.

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
The touscovidverif app only verifies that your qr code is valid. The toutantcovid app is the one that scans and keeps your qr code to show on your phone.
you do it the same way and its simple to do.

May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Exp
We are currently in Seville after getting a ferry from Plymouth to Santander on the 04/08 we stayed in Spain a few days then moved into Portugal, now back into Spain, not once have we been asked for anything covid related apart from when boarding in plymouth

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
I plan on going to Portugal in a few weeks. I've had my both jabs. Luckily my other half sent off for our vaccination certificates. Because mine came back saying that I'd only had one jab and therefore they couldn't issue me with a certificate. So after phoning everyone and their dog I finally managed to get it put on the system. The reason I mention this is so you don't leave it to close to your holidays before you decide to apply or download it. Apparently it can take between 5 and 10 working days to update the system. You could just go online and check all is OK.
Colin.
And if you have a middle name on your passport and not on your vaccination certificate that can also be a problem

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
Is that what happened to yourself
Potentially, at the moment. I'm sending a scan of my passport to my Doctor's surgery by email asking the to update my NHS details with my middle name. If they do that (which they may not) it can take up to 10 days to amend my vaccination certificate records so that I can download again.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass says: "You should check that the name on your passport matches how it is displayed by NHS COVID Pass at least 2 weeks before you travel. If the names are different, contact your GP practice to have your details updated."

OP
OP
Colino

Colino

Free Member
Jan 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65HFL
Potentially, at the moment. I'm sending a scan of my passport to my Doctor's surgery by email asking the to update my NHS details with my middle name. If they do that (which they may not) it can take up to 10 days to amend my vaccination certificate records so that I can download again.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass says: "You should check that the name on your passport matches how it is displayed by NHS COVID Pass at least 2 weeks before you travel. If the names are different, contact your GP practice to have your details updated.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass says: "You should check that the name on your passport matches how it is displayed by NHS COVID Pass at least 2 weeks before you travel. If the names are different, contact your GP practice to have your details updated."
I had both jabs but only one had been put on the system. Because I'd had my missing jab at a vaccination centre my GP wouldn't update my records, so I had to phone the vaccination centre to update my records.
Colin.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back