Using to many volts on 12v than EHU? (1 Viewer)

iconic

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Lancs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
17 Years
how do I do that?
Battery current calibration. The procedure is as follows on my Sargent ec325 psu :-
With the charger turned off and the power turned off at the control panel with no LED's on, press and hold the leisure battery button, press the power on button and then release both buttons. Wait for the LED cycle to complete while the calibration takes place. The power will now turn on and the calibration is comple.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
If the system has a watts in /watts out = state of charge level then yes the system may be able to be calibrated, but as said above, you can't calibrate the battery.
About the closest thing to a calibration i can think of would be a desulphation charge.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Battery current calibration. The procedure is as follows on my Sargent ec325 psu :-
With the charger turned off and the power turned off at the control panel with no LED's on, press and hold the leisure battery button, press the power on button and then release both buttons. Wait for the LED cycle to complete while the calibration takes place. The power will now turn on and the calibration is comple.

Didn't work on my Sargent

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Took my batteries to an auto electrician mate who put a load on them over night and did a drop test and they hold a charge and both reading exactly the same. So looks like the batteries are all good. Hes going to come and check the motorhome electrics to try and find where the electrical drain is.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It might just be a trick of the light, but that top battery indicator is showing red (bad) and the bottom one is green ?
Looks like that to me too...the top battery is dead but those magic eyes arent 100% reliable.
And those terminals need a wire brush and some vasoline smearing on them.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Looks like that to me too...the top battery is dead but those magic eyes arent 100% reliable.

They are both green,the red in sight glass was a reflection

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Get your eyes tested Papa :p They are in perfect condition and well lubricated with proper battery terminal spray (that sticky green stuff you can see but seem to think it's corrosion) ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back