Rally Upton Blues Festival Meet 19-23 July 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Keep an eye on Upton Blues Facebook page for updated info. https://www.facebook.com/uptonbluesfestival - there are new things planned this year including a mural under the bridge, late night jam session for campers (think it's away from the camping field!), Festival radio station on 87.7 FM over the weekend, reusable plastic Festival souvenir beakers for £1 & limited edition stainless steel ones £5 (refundable if undamaged), more acts on the acoustic stage & food available in the camping fields, plenty of cashpoints in the town & cashback available & there are 130 acts this year! :dance2:
If you have an unwanted musical instrument that you are happy to bring along donate then this would be refurbished & used in local schools (y)
Don't forget to download your programme here https://www.uptonbluesfestival.com/ or buy on arrival to plan your weekend - both versions are £3.50 but if going for the printed version buy in the camping field as it's £5 in the town for day visitors.

Last edited:

JanS

Free Member
May 5, 2018
London/Essex
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I am now unable to use my Thurs-Mon adult camping ticket so it is up for grabs if anyone wants it. I have broken my toe and it is more sensible for me to stay in a B&B in the town itself. I am disappointed because I had hoped to meet you all and spend some time with the group.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I am now unable to use my Thurs-Mon adult camping ticket so it is up for grabs if anyone wants it. I have broken my toe and it is more sensible for me to stay in a B&B in the town itself. I am disappointed because I had hoped to meet you all and spend some time with the group.
That's a shame but glad you can still be at the Festival & hopefully someone will reply with regards to your kind offer. Some Funsters will probably wear their badges around town so do say hello :) If you still have your camping ticket (to allow access) & can get a taxi to bring you in then we will be having an informal gathering on the Thursday evening from around 7pm in the camping field which may relocate to the acoustic stage in the main camping field a bit later so we don't miss that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: There will be an informal gathering after arrivals on the Thursday evening from around 7pm in the camping field (probably to one side of the dead tree but not under it as that may be hazardous!) which may partially or fully relocate to the acoustic stage in the main camping field a bit later as some may not want to miss that. Bring your cup of tea (that'll be me :)), bottle of beer or glass of wine & come & meet fellow Funsters & RVOC members. Bring a chair if you like or just wander around & put some faces to the names that you know on the forum. Wear your Fun name badge if you want to get spotted by others or not as that's fine too.
We only have one event shelter & decided not to take it to this one as it's not big enough to accommodate everyone & leaving a space around it would probably get filled with tents when others are allowed in to the field on Friday so we will be gathering in the open so long as the weather is kind to us - keep your fingers crossed as it's a fab spot to watch the sun set over the Malvern Hills :inlove:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi Wombles, just to confirm I will catch up with you sometime at the festival to collect and pay for the Fiamma awning ‘S’ hooks and the brackets I reserved on your thread of items for sale.

Thanks

Carol

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Anyone know if, or where I can download a map of the venues...?
Want to try and see if there might be less crowded places Kerry & I can plonk ourselves to listen to, if not see the bands.
@Wombles

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
@Langtoftlad, if you're not too bothered on seeing a specific band and just want to soak up the ambience and people watch, take a couple of fold up chairs and park up at the Rugby Club venue. The reasonably priced bar is open (teas and coffees and if I remember correctly, there may be snacks too) and there's an ice cream van in attendance.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Looks like the weather might be kind at Upton this year, hopefully suncream instead of raincoats !!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Anyone know if, or where I can download a map of the venues...?
Want to try and see if there might be less crowded places Kerry & I can plonk ourselves to listen to, if not see the bands.
@Wombles
Agree with @jockaneezer that the RFC stage area is a less busy (it's at the top of the town & furthest from the camping fields), chilled out area & is like a mini festival in itself (y) There are lots of food stands, Portacabin toilets & lovely cake & tea & coffee at the WI Ladies tent . For somewhere nearer the acoustic stage on the edge of the camping fields will be bigger this year & there will be hot food sold there too.
We haven't seen it yet but the official programme should have all the info. - can buy on arrival or download here https://www.uptonbluesfestival.com/ in advance.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles, just to confirm I will catch up with you sometime at the festival to collect and pay for the Fiamma awning ‘S’ hooks and the brackets I reserved on your thread of items for sale.

Thanks

Carol
Thank you - they are packed in the motorhome already (y) :)

Vanlife

Free Member
Jul 17, 2018
Funster No

Vanlife

Free Member
Jul 17, 2018
Funster No
Agree with @jockaneezer that the RFC stage area is a less busy (it's at the top of the town & furthest from the camping fields), chilled out area & is like a mini festival in itself (y) There are lots of food stands, Portacabin toilets & lovely cake & tea & coffee at the WI Ladies tent . For somewhere nearer the acoustic stage on the edge of the camping fields will be bigger this year & there will be hot food sold there too.
We haven't seen it yet but the official programme should have all the info. - can buy on arrival or download here https://www.uptonbluesfestival.com/ in advance.
Hi Jan, is your ticket still available? I have my ticket but my daughter is joining me on Friday night or Saturday, thanks Phil ( Vanlife )

biglamin

Free Member
Oct 26, 2016
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Setting off later tonight so won't arrive til first thing tomorrow. First timers at the Blues fest - can't wait

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Currently at the Blackmore C&CC site in preparation for this rally. Will probably be lunchtime before we make the extra few miles as a few gins were consumed last night by the 4 of us!! See you later folks.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have a great time everyone. Lots of photos throughout the weekend please.

I sioooo wish we could be there.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Currently faffing about with last minute "stuff" before setting off, hopefully to arrive mid afternoon...

Looking forward to my first 'proper' music festival ever... I did go to the Old Bush Blues last year & loved it... my only "concern" is that I'm not a great fan of tightly packed crowds, but I'm sure I'll find a bit of space.

But isn't that the great thing about having a motorhome onsite... you can easily dip in & out to please yourself.

See you later.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Having solar problems which have drained the leisure batteries down to 8.5 volts, tugger neighbour has lent me his leisure battery, will be setting off as soon as I've blasted some charge into everything. See you at tea time !

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Goes from bad to worse. Rear tyre has just shed it's tread on the M6. Fitted the spare on the hard shoulder but it's done some damage to the floor and bodywork. Having a coffee at Charnock Richard but will probably carry on.:(

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Goes from bad to worse. Rear tyre has just shed it's tread on the M6. Fitted the spare on the hard shoulder but it's done some damage to the floor and bodywork. Having a coffee at Charnock Richard but will probably carry on.:(
Sorry to hear that - call us if you can make it but will be late.

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear hope you are on your way soon.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Currently faffing about with last minute "stuff" before setting off, hopefully to arrive mid afternoon...

Looking forward to my first 'proper' music festival ever... I did go to the Old Bush Blues last year & loved it... my only "concern" is that I'm not a great fan of tightly packed crowds, but I'm sure I'll find a bit of space.

But isn't that the great thing about having a motorhome onsite... you can easily dip in & out to please yourself.

See you later.

The least crowded bit of the festival is the sports field now called the Big Top.

Take your chair and a couple of cans and enjoy :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back