Uprating weight DVLA requirements ... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hey Lenny HB ... bring me some of the lovely pastel de nata pastries back ... I've got withdrawal symptoms and the ones they sell in the UK aren't as good as the ones in Portugal! :giggle:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We’ve never had anything in the mam section should we have ?

Mine did and initially the DVLA sent the new up-plated V5 leaving the old mam weight in section F1.
I took advice as the V5 is a legal document and if pulled over and weighed, the mam weight entered in section F1 would be acted on, and in a phone call to the DVLA they agreed that that would be the case, so I sent the V5 back to the DVLA to have this corrected which took them another two goes for them to get it right.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Even if it delays picking it up I would get it done at first registration otherwise it will be a load of greif
How do I delay picking it up when I have to take it to get the air suspension fitted which is required for the upgrade? Plus it’s all booked In for the work, I can’t let people down because the DVLA are incompetents ?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You don't have to do anything wrong... Its DVLA. Thick as pig shit, the lot of 'em.

You've been taking those subtle pills again.
Stop beating about the bush. Say what you really think :)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
How do I delay picking it up when I have to take it to get the air suspension fitted which is required for the upgrade? Plus it’s all booked In for the work, I can’t let people down because the DVLA are incompetents ?
I’m not sure it would help at this stage because the constructor has probably already issued the Certificate of Conformity with 3500kg on it. The DVLA registration process takes 2 weeks+ so I would guess the dealer has already submitted the paperwork.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Two on Tour
So basically because yours did you had to act on it.
as ours doesn't there is no need to add it.
Is that correct?

To be perfectly honest I don't have a definitive answer to that but would think that would be the case and yours would then be based on the revenue weight.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
When I had a new registration of more than 3500kg the MAM was left blank. I now have a 3500kg new registration which shows the MAM as 3500kg. I get the impression that they only bother with MAM under 3500kg, perhaps there are occasions when it is less than the revenue weight In this category. It seems the DVLA system has trouble coping with changing the MAM but I would be inclined to blame the system not the staff, they probably aren’t given time to think just have to bang through their quota.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When I had a new registration of more than 3500kg the MAM was left blank. I now have a 3500kg new registration which shows the MAM as 3500kg. I get the impression that they only bother with MAM under 3500kg, perhaps there are occasions when it is less than the revenue weight In this category. It seems the DVLA system has trouble coping with changing the MAM but I would be inclined to blame the system not the staff, they probably aren’t given time to think just have to bang through their quota.
I made them aware of this when we bought our first Globecar back in 2015; the 'manager' at the time checked the guidelines they work to which had no mention of changing the MAM/MTPLM, just the Revenue Weight. It was supposed to have been brought to the attention of the upper management to get this corrected but it looks like nothing was done ... why am I not surprised. :censored:

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Vehicle registered last Wed, V5C arrived today, Air suspension fitted, new rear uprated 121 load rated tyres fitted, engineers report completed and new DWC and VIN plate issued showing new GVM as 4,850kg (gives me new payload of 1,422kg), documents being sent to the DVLA with section 1 complete and covering letter, fingers crossed they get it right on the new V5C with new Revenue weight and MPM as shown in vehicle details F.1. (y)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_c09e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_c09e.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6686.jpg
    IMG_6686.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 17
  • fullsizeoutput_c08f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_c08f.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 16

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
What did you do wrong? I need to learn for mine ?
I made a copy of my V5, wrote on it the changes they needed to make, highlighted them and sent it with a covering letter explaining what they had to do. I used simple language, short sentences and words with few syllables. They copied it correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: 596

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Posted our V5 off on the Monday the 21st to alter the revenue weight
Recieved it back today Thursday 31st ?
and amazingly they’ve done it correctly ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back