Upgrading and downgrading (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I know a lot of people us sv tech to upgrade the gvw and majority of these are just a paper exercise. Yes I know you can try to do it yourself but svtech seem to have monopoly.

However I was wondering. If you wanted to downgrade back to 3500kg can you do it yourself directly with dvla and does it cost you. Or do you have to pay svtechim again

Once done if you decide to change your mind and put it back up to what it once was.
Would you need to employ sv tech again or since its been done before would dvla let you do it easily?

Reason asking is we would need a higher payload with kids however wife cannot drive so in a few years may then decide to downgrade as only 2 of us and wife xan then drive
And as and when we sell may decide to register upgrade.

Hope this makes sense. Feedback would be appreciated.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
used to be free to voluntary down plate . havent done it since they did away with local offices but just filled in form vtg10. some times they came here or i went to them .all sorted . down plated loads of trucks to 3.5 ton gvw . and trailers to make them living vans under 3.500kg gvw .
ideally lower the trailer but keep the above 3.5 ton was ideal. mot exempt then .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back