Jan 4, 2008
sutton on sea
Funster No
MH
Hymer mtl580
Exp
since 1986
Good evening Funsters Van Hymer on Mercedes base MTL 580

I need a bit of help, my van has 2 vin plates the original is on the drivers seat base 3.88t the Hymer plate on the skirt by the door 3.5t the v5 states 3.5t, it look like it was down plated by the dealer my question is how do i reinstall ti 3.88t (is it just a paper exercise)
2 as i am now over 70 i how do i reinstate my c1 licence it was removed when i renewed my licence 18 months ago, many thanks Steve

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Give Sv-Tech a call.

http://www.svtech.co.uk

You will see if you search the forum that there is another person who does this called John Ruffles. His company is called J R Consultancy. He is cheaper and when he gets it right, he gets it right.

It is a process. Sv-Tech walked me through it easy peasy. DVLA needs EXACTLY what Sv-Tech advise you to send, along with a letter from you requesting that they up-rate the Maximum Permissible Mass, not JUST the Revenue Weight. (these two terms are important because they are often referred to using different names, so to avoid confusion stick with the DVLA terms Maximum Permissible Mass and Revenue Weight.

As for your C1 licence, you will need a medical to demonstrate you meet the minimum standards required by us "Old Farts". I recommend Doctors on Wheels, they do them all the time, unlike your GP, so they know the ropes and are cheaper.

Make yourself a coffee and search with these these key words on the forum...

Doctors on Wheels
Sv-Tech
John Ruffles or JR Consultancy
Maximum Permissible Mass
Revenue Weight

It is all on here, and lots of experiences are shared. Good luck

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would get your C1 reinstated BEFORE getting the van uprated.
Getting the uprate is a certainty (it can be slow and frustrating at times)....Getting C1 back isn't.
You may think you're in good health but the doctor may think otherwise....and it's the doc they listen to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I would get your C1 reinstated BEFORE getting the van uprated.
Getting the uprate is a certainty (it can be slow and frustrating at times)....Getting C1 back isn't.
You may think you're in good health but the doctor may think otherwise....and it's the doc they listen to.
VERY GOOD POINT!

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
You may find hyner are willing to provide paperwork to uprate, am sure I have heard of others who have done this. Suspect hymer will charge, but may be cheaper than sv tech. Will still need to submit hyner evidence to dvla.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Is it necessarily the case that an uprate back to the base van’s figure is a certainty?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back