Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Hello.

Normally we like tour in France, but thought we might give Germany a try this spring. Whilst we bought our MoHo in Germany, we collected it and haven't been back except for a quick foray, and I am really quite looking forward to an extended trip there.

My question is to do with what tourists/visitors have to do these Covid-led days as far as evidence of vaccination is concerned. I imagine they have something similar to France where to enter restaurants etc you have to show either your Tous Anti Covid QR image on your phone, and I believe now the NHS App will do.

Research seems to indicate that nothing can be done before arriving in the country, where the first stop needs to be a Pharmacy.

Does anybody have any recent experience, or relevant knowledge?7

Thanks.

Peter

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Info re current entry requirements
You can set it to notify when rules have changed which they are almost weekly.
There have been some recent relaxations but if you are planning for the spring/summer it could all be different.

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thanks so much, Garfields. Sometimes even the most diligent research can overlook the blindingly obvious sources of information.

I'm grateful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We loved the Mosel but at the moment I think anyone would realise the time to be looking at travel requirements is pretty close to departure the one thing that's constant is change. We went to Austria two weeks age when we booked last May there was no indication that the current rules would apply. Any booking is a bet rather than a certainty our holiday would have cost anywhere between£800 and£2000 depending on whether you booked when it looked like a good bet when covid looked to be waning or when Omicron was taking off

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Really enjoy touring Germany, especially Rudesheim or Europa Park at Rust if you have children.
A very Motorhome friendly country.

Sorry Peter, cannot answer regarding current Covid restrictions.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We were in Germany September to November last year. Masks were required and we used NHS app to show vaccination record… we were only asked for vaccination proof in one restaurant though.

We really enjoy visiting Germany and have been a few times. We find the people to be very friendly and the country itself is beautiful.

Hope you have a great time!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I love Germany. Touring up the Mosel and then the Rhine. Just fabulous.
Yep, same here, absolutely fabulous, but not able to help with advice re current Covid restrictions/requirements.

Cheers,

Jock& Rita. :)

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
We still have a ferry booking that was originally for 2020
This summer perhaps?
Lots of options for Germany that we have not tried yet and some we would be happy to do again
Like everywhere it depends what you like to do.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Great area to visit, avoid it July / August though, it gets very busy. We did it May / June a few years ago now, on our motorcycles. (y)

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
We’ve been traveling in Germany since 1973 love it,first by motorcycle then motorhome the Stellplatze system is so easy I’m sure you’ll enjoy it good luck.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There must be plenty of spaces up there because we’re rammed with Germans down here in Spain at the moment 😳

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We went a couple of years ago - in August. Not our choice, we were dropping son off in Dortmund and picking him up in Regensburg a week later.
We did a lot of driving - the Mosel, Rothenburg, Alpenstrasse but it was amazing. Only struggled one night for a spot and we hadn’t prebooked anything.
Go enjoy snd hopefully take things more leisurely … wonderful country

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We still have a ferry booking that was originally for 2020
This summer perhaps?
Lots of options for Germany that we have not tried yet and some we would be happy to do again
Like everywhere it depends what you like to do.
We booked ferry tickets in 2019 for May 2020.
We hope to use the tickets May 2022
Luckily we are still paying the 2019 price !

Looking to travel through Germany to Austria and then back via Berlin and Rugen and the Baltic coast

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thanks all, especially the encouraging messages. I didn't mention, a) because it wasn't pertinent, and b) for reasons of brevity, that my wife is half German. However she left at the age of five, and as a consequence has no ‘grown up' vocabulary, nor of modern day terminology. However it will be nice making her do all the work, as I, being a (poor) French speaker usually do all the communication.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back