Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 610LE
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is it advisable to have travel insurance for touring around the UK (Scotland, Outer Hebrides, Orkneys, Shetland etc). If so does anyone have it and can recommend a company. Thanks

Linda + Tony

OP
OP
lthoel2

lthoel2

Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 610LE
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just telephoned NHS Orkney and NHS Shetland (all Scottish areas work differanltely) and they have both told me that if anything serious happened we would not be repatriated back home to Derbyshire we definately would require travel insurance. That is where the fun starts, with my OH having had prostate cancer and a heart attack and I am type2 diabetic alot of insurers won't give a quote or its an astronomical fee. Anyone with any suggestions?

Does everyone on here just go and hope for the best?

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We tour Spain for 6 months of the year. We don't have travel insurance because it costs to much and doesn't cover the length of our travels (trip limits and return booking required). EHIC covers for all emergency treatment. Our Motorhome insurance covers getting the vehicle back home in an emergency, or where the driver cannot drive it back. Being full timers we can take our time, or fly back to the UK. This is our 6th year so insurance would have cost us more than we paid for our motorhome if we had taken it out. We didn't need it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back