UK Motorhome parking Camping-Car Park may be of interest? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Had an email from Camping Car Park today.
Dear English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh friends,

You are many to solicit us lately asking us if we can extend our CAMPING-CAR PARK network in the United Kingdom. Today we are happy to announce that CAMPING-CAR PARK will be opening new aires for motorhomes abroad soon.

In order to help us in this process we would like to know a little more about your habits. We are submitting you with a few questions. This won’t take very long and it will be of great help to us.

Thank you for your participation.
The CAMPING-CAR PARK team

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Where are they going to find the land? They won't be able to take over free Aires and charge for them ,same as they are doing in France ,cause there ain't none to take over.
Can't see the big clubs giving them free rein either.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Where are they going to find the land? They won't be able to take over free Aires and charge for them ,same as they are doing in France ,cause there ain't none to take over.
Can't see the big clubs giving them free rein either.
Well at least they are trying to do something let’s not have to much negativity please?😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Havent you seen the campaign for free Aires, this camping carpark setup will kill that stone dead.
I don’t see the free aires even getting off the ground as there are to many folk wanting everything for nothing, with support from all their membership in Europe it could well be enough for them to give it a go.😊

Last edited:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Still waiting to pick up our van, so never used these sites.

I’ve come to the conclusion that anything ‘Free’ in the UK is a non starter. However, if a set up like this approached local councils there may be a way forward.

I’ve recently been to two Park and Ride sites, plenty of spare places. If an organisation approached a local council, tell them there is no cost implications to them and rent an area big enough for ‘X’ Number of vans and put in services........what’s the problem? Most P&R’s are on the outskirts of places of interest, so another option should anyone want to stay in area for a night or two.

I’m not picking a side here, just trying to gather more information. (y)

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’m not picking a side here, just trying to gather more information. (y)
I was hoping this was just going to be an informative and positive thread as parking for Motorhomes of any kind is what is required to give us all more options thanks for your positive comments there aren’t any sides as far as I’m concerned it could benefit us all😊🤞🤞

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Don't like them in France so don't see why we should welcome them here.
If they get a foothold , Aires in UK will be totally dead in the water.

Somebody else that wants something for nothing.🙄🙄

At this stage we have no aires, only expensive campsites, that want prebooking, or a few pub stops. The more choice the better.

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
They have several Aires in Londonderry I believe

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Somebody else that wants something for nothing.🙄🙄

At this stage we have no aires, only expensive campsites, that want prebooking, or a few pub stops. The more choice the better.
They are no cheaper than cl s and whatever the other lot call theirs, and there are plenty of them, we have loads of paid camps how are this lot any different.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
They are no cheaper than cl s and whatever the other lot call theirs, and there are plenty of them, we have loads of paid camps how are this lot any different.

No pre-booking (unless you want to), don't have to phone to check availability, convenience, more choice.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The two CS‘s nearest me are £12 and £15 per night for a grass pitch and battery charging on one of them, no other services. Hardly a good prices, and you need a to be a paid member. Now where as good as Camping car park.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
The ability to see how many pitches are available, the ability to turn up at 5minutes notice, good electric, water and waste provision, wifi. PASS’ÉTAPES CARD means I don't even need coins or a jeton.
Can't remember the last time I booked a CL for £10, closer to £20 these days.
Also find Camping Car Park aires in locations that you'd actually want to stay at, rather than in the middle of nowhere.
I really hope they come to UK, could be a game changer for us (y)

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
QUOTE="Winger, post: 4082280, member: 49010"]
No not so, it was a Derry Aire which is a different animal altogether!
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for correcting me, my bad :giggle:

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
I really hope they come to UK, could be a game changer for us (y)
I agree. I have used them a fair bit over the last couple of years in France and for the same reasons as you kaasbroodje. So many councils are clamping down on wild camping I would use them a lot

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Havent you seen the campaign for free Aires, this camping carpark setup will kill that stone dead.

If you are referring to CAMpRA, its not about campaigning for FREE aires . Many of the members including myself are more than willing to pay to stay if they are close to local attractions. CLs and CSs are generally out in the sticks and they do not have drive over disposal facilities. Its possible Camping Carpark's interest has been triggered by contact with CAMpRA. Another post also highlights CAMpRA are also running a survey and you can also express your views through that.
ezee

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Has anybody filled in the questionnaire? OH tried but it wouldn’t accept a UK post code.

One benefit of CCP is the all year round opening Including winter when some other aires are closed or the water is turned off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back