Uk motorhome in Portugal (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
I currently have a 2009 Murvi Morello with underfloor lpg gas tank, rhd obviously. Retiring to Lisbon with my Portuguese wife in 2023 Can I matriculate a RHD motorhome in Portugal?
Alex

Deleted User
I currently have a 2009 Murvi Morello with underfloor lpg gas tank, rhd obviously. Retiring to Lisbon with my Portuguese wife in 2023 Can I matriculate a RHD motorhome in Portugal?
Alex
Yes, I did it last year, not simple and definitely need the help of an agent.
You will need a certificate of conformity which can be obtained, headlights changed if not possible to readjust and lots of patience.
Cost me about €3000 but depends very much on the age and value,customs value not actual value.
Not sure about the gas tank, mine had a gas inspection for bottled gas.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Thanks matamoros, where did you get the customs valuation? and where does the certificate of conformity come from? Fiat or Murvi? Vehicle manufacturer or converter?
A

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Thanks matamoros, where did you get the customs valuation? and where does the certificate of conformity come from? Fiat or Murvi? Vehicle manufacturer or converter?
A
Only just seen this!
The customs authorities will decide on the value, I think they use some sort of fixed scale, I believe the Certificate of Conformity comes from Fiat, the agent sorted all that out for me.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
matamoros - would you recommend the agent you used and be prepared to pass on contact details if so?
Thanks
I can ask him but I believe he is very busy with the insurance/estate agency part of his business at the moment.
He may be able to recommend someone if he is no longer doing them.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Thanks - yes please matamoros
I will PM you later, the guy that I used is, as I thought, no longer doing it but he gave me a name which I will try and find out about.
I think it is a firm in Faro, some of them won't do Motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
UPDATE
Had some remedial work carried out at Murvi and the Boss (Rex) said it can’t be done!

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
A

I am not sure, but I think that Certificates of Conformity only started in 2012(although they were available for cars from much earlier).

So for a 2009 Murvi you might need a different route, which could be an individual inspection, at extra cost.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back