Free Member
Apr 9, 2018
Dudley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good morning all,,,when I purchased my MH 7 months ago, to get it through the MOT the dealer had to have 4 new tyres fitted,, they are Hifly brand ,I've never heard of these does anyone know if they are ok for a MH,,Kind regards Paul & Pippa..

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
It all depends on the tyre's rating itself.

The big size number should at least have a C (C = Commercial vehicle) next to it and ideally when you look up the number online it should be suitable for the application.

It should also have a max load weight on it too, read it off and see if you can find or calculate the axle weights to see if the tyres are rated to carry the load you are asking of them.

Then check the recommended tyre pressures for your van and check the tyre's max inflation pressure to see if that too is suitable.

OP
OP
Paul and Pippa

Paul and Pippa

Free Member
Apr 9, 2018
Dudley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
I'm a newbie

The big size number should at least have a C (C = Commercial vehicle) next to it and ideally when you look up the number online it should be suitable for the application.

It should also have a max load weight on it too, read it off and see if you can find or calculate the axle weights to see if the tyres are rated to carry the load you are asking of them.

Then check the recommended tyre pressures for your van and check the tyre's max inflation pressure to see if that too is suitable.

Then check the recommended tyre pressures for your van and check the tyre's max inflation pressure to see if that too is suitable.Hi,GPW,,my tyres are 215/70 15C...the reading is single 1030kg -450KPA/ 65psi max...dual 975KPA/ 65psi max,,my MH is a Dethleffs 3500kg..I'm a newbie and not very tech minded so appreciate your help

Deleted User
I’ve never heard of Hifly tyres, I’ve heard of iffy ones and I certainly wouldn’t fit those.

Spongy

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
IIRC they are made by Shendong China , they are a budget brand
but if the ratings are sufficient , then they are OK , but dont expect outstanding mileage etc .
They make Truck/bus tyres as well .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back