TyrePal TPMS Safety System For Tyres 20% Discount Code For Funsters (2 Viewers)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
TyrePal https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/home/ have kindly agreed to a 20% discount across their whole range for Fun & RVOC members with code MFRVOC19TP (y)
We wouldn’t be without TyrePal TPMS fitted on both our car & motorhome (even though they have already have the Ford & Citroen factory fitted version) as the display makes checking all the tyre pressures easy (including the spare with an extra sensor) & the early warning it can give could help avoid an accident. Our motive for negotiating the discount & posting about this accessory regularly is to encourage Funsters to fit some form of TPMS & hopefully travel safer as a result.
Other benefits of keeping a close check on tyre pressures include better fuel economy & road handling plus some insurers (including C&CC & Caravanguard) now offer a 5% discount for motorhomes fitted with TyrePal. There are cheaper versions available but mixed reviews on these online & we have had TyrePal fitted for several years now & always found it a reliable safety product & there is good back up technical support if it's ever needed.

Solar-Colour-FCA-Logo.jpg

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Brilliant bit of kit , total peace of mind re tyres on the go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
This is a brilliant kit I fitted it about 3 months ago, and also had already puncture control injected in my tyres.
The instructions say not to use tyrepal with the goo but I’ve had no problems.

We were coming home from North Wales last week when I noticed the front drivers tyre was down to 56 psi then within seconds was down to 53 psi and alarm sounded, but the puncture control sealed at 53 psi and got us home safely.
I’ve checked the tyre and found where the puncture was, reinflated the tyre to 65 psi and holding good.

If not for the tyrepal system I wouldn’t have known that I’d had a puncture at all.

John.

Last edited:

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Thanks for the info, order placed, tried cheaper one it gave up after a year.

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
This code had expired but emailed TyrePal & they have kindly agreed to extend it until 31 July for Motorhome Fun & RVOC members so code MFRVOC19TP takes 20% off their whole range https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product-category/product/ (y)
Nice one. How does the solar powered unit fit on the dash and do you need the o rings and locking nuts?

M J

Oct 4, 2016
Wiltshire UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 2014
Tyrepal confirmed the sensors were not compatible with aluminium valve stems but didn’t say why. Any ideas ?
Strength of the stem,conductivity ?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Nice one. How does the solar powered unit fit on the dash and do you need the o rings and locking nuts?
The display unit comes with a removable \ reusable sticky mount. The "O" rings are the seals for the sensors on the valve stems and the locking nut makes it a bit more difficult, but not impossible, to remove the sensor from the tyre.

Tyrepal confirmed the sensors were not compatible with aluminium valve stems but didn’t say why. Any ideas ?
Strength of the stem,conductivity ?
It's to stop galvanic corrosion where the different metals induce increased corrosion of the most reactive metal, ie aluminium in this case.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
The display unit comes with a removable \ reusable sticky mount. The "O" rings are the seals for the sensors on the valve stems and the locking nut makes it a bit more difficult, but not impossible, to remove the sensor from the tyre.

It's to stop galvanic corrosion where the different metals induce increased corrosion of the most reactive metal, ie aluminium in this case.
Just a point, the o rings are spare incase you need new ones when replacing batteries.

Frog.

addoaddo

Free Member
May 21, 2018
Newbury
Funster No
MH
Cathargo e line
Exp
long time
Just thinking of getting a TypePAL system as it makes sense to monitor the tyre pressures. However I was looking at the manual and come across this

. ▪ Do not fit sensors to tyres that have been treated with internal tyre sealant. The sealant may damage the sensor or impair its functions. ▪ To avoid danger of damaging the sensors, check that sensor valve caps will not protrude excessively beyond the outside profile of the tyres when fitted.

Has anyone had problems with tyrepal and sealant as I was thinking of fitting both.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have they definitely extended the discount? I just tried to order the range repeater and their website would not accept the discount code.
Hi - yes it was extended & currently works on the TPMS units but unfortunately not on add on accessories like the repeater - checking their email it is off all of their "systems" which I optimistically worded as off their whole range! Other clubs have just been offered discount off the Solar 4 model only before whereas our discount code applies to all TPMS models as many of the more expensive units are popular with RVOC members. Sorry about that but decent savings to be made on the TPMS units & the most that they offer any club as far as we understand.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
*************** UPDATE & CORRECTION *****************

Please see above post #18 ref. what the current discount code applies to.

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Just thinking of getting a TypePAL system as it makes sense to monitor the tyre pressures. However I was looking at the manual and come across this

. ▪ Do not fit sensors to tyres that have been treated with internal tyre sealant. The sealant may damage the sensor or impair its functions. ▪ To avoid danger of damaging the sensors, check that sensor valve caps will not protrude excessively beyond the outside profile of the tyres when fitted.

Has anyone had problems with tyrepal and sealant as I was thinking of fitting both.

I emailed TyrePal and got the response below.

Good morning

Unfortunately we do not recommend using our sensors with tyre sealant. This is due to the fact that the sensors actually open up the valve, so the sealant could actually get into the sensor and damage it

You could of course try using it, but this would be at your own risk

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just had our Tyrepal alert as leaving motorway services - well before the Citroen TPMS - tyre is hissing so now awaiting recovery. So pleased that this product kept us safe - had fitted on both car & motorhome for 5 years now & first time major problem.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
£72 for Solar model today without code (doesn't apply to sale items).

Has anyone used with metal valve stems?
I thought it was quite common for metal valve stems on higher pressure C tyres?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
£72 for Solar model today without code (doesn't apply to sale items).

Has anyone used with metal valve stems?
I thought it was quite common for metal valve stems on higher pressure C tyres?
Thank you for the heads up on their Sale (y) Although the Fun discount code won't work with discounted prices it might be worth trying the Caravan Club one (if anyone is a member) as that has worked in the past.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
£66.95 delivered. Using CMC code.
Job done.
Good to know that works too! (y) Perhaps you can PM me with the code so that others that want to do this can benefit too or they could PM you direct?

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I was initially fascinated by the tyrepal screen - both temperature and pressure. Rear normal pressure 78psi which then on a motorway on a very warm day went up to 91 and the temperature to 41c. Front @ 64 also increased but to 75. I had not realised the pressure would have increased that much but I know not a lot.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for the heads up on their Sale (y) Although the Fun discount code won't work with discounted prices it might be worth trying the Caravan Club one (if anyone is a member) as that has worked in the past.
Thanks to Mr Chrysalis - use C&MC code CAMCSOL19 for discount off TyrePal website https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product-category/product/ Sale prices :smiley:
That makes the sensor kits much cheaper than we paid for any of ours!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks to Wombles and all For the Tyrepal sale info.
Went onto CMC member offers found discount code, then linked through to Tyrepal Sale website, placed order for the solar set, entered CMC code as well and got a further 10% discount, ended up paying £66.95:).
Just hope they are easy to set up when they arrive, and that the solar side of things doesn't need too much sun to keep them fully charged, as we all know about the UK lack of sunshine for too much of the year.
I haven't read any details as yet but if there is a USB option to remotely charge that will be useful also.
Hopefully will feel a lot safer on long runs now.
Cheers everyone, happy safe travels to all.
Les

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I was initially fascinated by the tyrepal screen - both temperature and pressure. Rear normal pressure 78psi which then on a motorway on a very warm day went up to 91 and the temperature to 41c. Front @ 64 also increased but to 75. I had not realised the pressure would have increased that much but I know not a lot.

Yes, it's a bit of an eye-opener when you can see what is happening. My tyres are set to 3.5 and 4.5 bar on Continental's recommendations for my axle weights. Motorway running in hot temps, ie in Spain, pressures can go up to about 3.9 and 5.5 bar respectively. It begs the question that those who just go by the door sticker showing 5.5 bar/79.5 psi all round must be subjecting their tyres to some unnecessary stress?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back