Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Does anybody know of any current offers or vouchers for tyre pal sets, I was thinking of one but the new solar ones are about £100 for a set. does anybody have knowledge of how well they work? Are they worth it?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wouldn't be without ours on both the motorhome & car - still have TyrePal fitted on our car even though it has manufacturer fitted TPMS as like the feedback it gives. Not aware of any current discounts but sure others will post if any out there.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
I am not aware of any special offers, but I fitted a set of tyrepal sensors on our van a couple of years ago which seems to work as intended. I recently bought a set (solar powered) for our little car and that seems to be fine. I have bought a repeater so we can keep an eye on the toad pressures etc when towing on an A frame - just a case of putting the solar powered display unit in the van instead of in the car. The solar panel keeps the display unit well charged and the car is normally in a garage overnight. IMO well worth it.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just a thought - previously Caravan Club had a discount code on their website as a member offer - could any current C&MC members check & share please?!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There's one on Amazon for £70

Vesafe Universal Solar Power TPMS M2,Wireless Color Screen Tire Pressure Monitoring System with 4 DIY External Cap Sensors (0-6Bar/0-87Psi), Tire Pressure Monitor Real-time Display 4 Tires' Pressure and Temperature Simultaneously. Amazon product ASIN B01L91QY58

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Would the Vesafe ones be any good if you are running Michelins @ +/- 80psi when they get hot & the pressure increases?

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
upload_2017-4-12_17-2-28.png

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I have Tyrepal on both cars and on the MH. The latter is the Solar and works well...............but it is very fiddly! The Vesafe is suspiciously similar but with a lower max pressure. It's more colourful and the 'buttons' are different, but the case is almost identical. Sensors look slightly larger but appear to be constructed in much the same way. Is it a chinese copy or just a lower spec model? Hard to say!

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have decided to get one from the show next week at Peterborough, There are bound to be a few stalls there so the competition will be keeping the prices down a bit, maybe not but we shall see.
We are going up to the Rutland site for the first night and arriving at the Peterborough site on Thursday morning to try and get a good position in the Fun site but away from the noisy Tent area, the place where those noisy drunkards sing Karaoke all night long, and keep me awake. I shall bring the generator this year in case the power fails, and also to annoy those that do not like them.. I will not need to use it unless the weather is bad and the sun stays in as I have been able to survive on solar alone so far.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We've had tyrepal on the van for a couple of years or so. Works very well and I'd say the brand is well proven. Wouldn't consider a different brand now. Considering getting the solar ones.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I'm thinking on getting this one :

New competitors to TyrePal are coming to market all the time and I do question the cost and fiddly nature of TyrePal. Each of the three that I have bought so far have had at least one dud battery.

So it would be interesting to see how you get on with this version, when you get it and after a year's use!

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Don't forget to grease (Lithium) your valve threads before fitting the sensors! I can also recommend Nitrogen for the tyres instead of air, it reduces, almost eliminates, the need to pump them up and reduces temperature variations. It can be costly but, if you can find a friendly properly equipped garage like mine, it needn't cost too much more.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I think that a load of sellers put their name on the same units ( badge engineering) and the price varies. They all seem to come from China for £5.00 each plus markup. to 70 -100 pounds.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Would the Vesafe ones be any good if you are running Michelins @ +/- 80psi when they get hot & the pressure increases?
Work fine on mine, although they can easily reach 90+ psi in the heat, but never a problem:)

Well recommended:)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
New competitors to TyrePal are coming to market all the time and I do question the cost and fiddly nature of TyrePal. Each of the three that I have bought so far have had at least one dud battery.

So it would be interesting to see how you get on with this version, when you get it and after a year's use!

For info, I bought one of these Pace TPMS systems a couple of weeks ago (from Amazon) and it seemed to work OK. However while away last week the receiver occasionally lost contact with one or other (or both) of the rear sensors. We established that it was a range issue by my wife holding the receiver behind her and the connection was then re-established.
I like the clarity of the display and I'd be happy to use the system in a car but the range is just not quite sufficient for my A-T Apache motorhome (wheelbase is 3.8m). Hence I've returned the system and I'll buy the Tyrepal Solar4+ kit instead.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I find the screen on the new TyrePal difficult to read. But if there was a problem, it's supposed to sound an alarm and flash.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
@rogher: I had the same issue though I resolved it by lifting the display unit off the dash when I wanted a closer look at the readings. The display is very small but I like the compactness of the unit.(y)

IMG_0416.jpg

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Wouldn't be without my Tyrepal, the peace of mind it gives me knowing what the tyres are doing is invaluable. Poor road surfaces can give the feeling of tyres deflating, so a quick glance tells me all is well. Can't imaging what a blow out would be like to handle on a 3.5+ ton vehicle. Never had a problem with ours, though one battery is now showing as needing replacement after a year of use.
I can't comment on other makes but many on here have had loads of experience with Tyrepal products.
It's by far the best money I've spent on our Motorhome.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Perhaps I am the odd one out but I prefer to A,have a good set of tyres and B, check the pressures with the same guage as I use on my racing car!In 35 years of motorhoming I have never had a puncture or blow out so are they a waste of money?I do however have spare wheel and would,nt be without just in case!I would,nt be happy about having no spare and only a canister of gunge!!

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
What gauge do you use or recommend Rob?

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
I have an almost new, 6 wheel sensor solar TPMS for sale (works perfectly). Will add it to classifieds section when I get time, or PM if interested. :)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Can I ask has anyone who has a TPMS had some plonker try to steel the valve senders.
This is presuming they don't lock onto the vale stem.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
They lock on with a nut. Nut goes on first, then the sensor hand tight and the nut tightened up against it with a supplied angled spanner.

So if you are looking to steal one and have a couple of spanners you can remove them if you had the mind to?

Has anyone had them nicked before? Is the receiver the expensive bit?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back