Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
Hi all having trawled through endless posts and not found this problem I'm having, can anyone help,I have purchased two new leisure batteries (pictures one and two) but have just looked at the one that's already on there (pictures three and four), anyone able to tell me if I've dropped a clanger and bought the wrong ones please, my fingers are crossed that I haven't but I'm confused about the see through pipe on the right hand side of the battery that is already on the Moho (Pictures three and four), any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 150
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The fact that it says 800cca isnt good as a deep cycle leisure battery doesnt really have a need for CCA rating as your originals do not have . Their blurb doesnt instill a great deal of confidence : Ive highlighted in red the bit that seems extrely optimistic if taking to 70% discharge :( The pipe is just a breather , nothing really to worry about
110Ah Ultra Deep Cycle Leisure Battery
  • SEALED-MAINTENANCE FREE – ULTRA DEEP CYCLE
  • LEISURE BATTERY- MARINE BATTERY
  • CARRY HANDLE
  • STATE OF CHARGE INDICATOR
  • SUITABLE FOR MOTORHOMES/CARAVANS/BOATS AND MORE
  • MEASUREMENTS L 330 x D 173 H 242 (approx)-to top of terminals
  • APPROX 24 KGS
  • Other Specs are – 500 + cycles at 70% Depth of discharge -1000 CCA
  • 3 YEAR WARRANT

OP
OP
AlynRuthBH

AlynRuthBH

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
The fact that it says 800cca isnt good as a deep cycle leisure battery doesnt really have a need for CCA rating as your originals do not have . Their blurb doesnt instill a great deal of confidence : Ive highlighted in red the bit that seems extrely optimistic if taking to 70% discharge :( The pipe is just a breather , nothing really to worry about
110Ah Ultra Deep Cycle Leisure Battery
  • SEALED-MAINTENANCE FREE – ULTRA DEEP CYCLE
  • LEISURE BATTERY- MARINE BATTERY
  • CARRY HANDLE
  • STATE OF CHARGE INDICATOR
  • SUITABLE FOR MOTORHOMES/CARAVANS/BOATS AND MORE
  • MEASUREMENTS L 330 x D 173 H 242 (approx)-to top of terminals
  • APPROX 24 KGS
  • Other Specs are – 500 + cycles at 70% Depth of discharge -1000 CCA
  • 3 YEAR WARRANT
Thanks very much for replying but I'm still none the wiser as I'm not mechanically minded,I have solar fitted to the original battery but don't know which is the solar cable, I also can't see a state of charge indicator on the new ones, so are you telling me that the new ones are not any good for my Moho as I said I'm not mechanically minded so would appreciate some help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would have thought that they are near enough a match for the original, a lot of cheaper “leisure” batteries batteries show a CCA rating simply because they are not really deep cycle leisure batteries, you will need the clear pipe for the new ones.

Martin

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
when i fitted a second battery i used a tee from garden irrigation stuff and teed in to the original pipe
the battery youve bought will be fine its probably not the best but it will work fine

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree with what @tacr2man says, look like a cheap starter battery with leisure battery label stuck on. If spending any time off grid always best to buy decent branded batteries like Exide/Schonnenschine/Varta etc.
The cables to your original battery looks way undersize to me.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
As far as I know the pipe is just to vent gas from the battery outside so jus run one from each.

OP
OP
AlynRuthBH

AlynRuthBH

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
Thanks for all the answers and info I'm still none the wiser as there seems to be a lot of differences with most of the replies, the new batteries don't have a vent pipe so don't need that but looks like I need to get better cables. Will try and get some further info from the web or wait for a definitive answer

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for all the answers and info I'm still none the wiser as there seems to be a lot of differences with most of the replies, the new batteries don't have a vent pipe so don't need that but looks like I need to get better cables. Will try and get some further info from the web or wait for a definitive answer
They are batteries(y) and they match your old ones as far as the charger settings etc OK they might not be the best but if they are yours bought and paid for I would just fit them and get away.

Your new batteries won't come with a vent tube, either because they are stingy and/or they don't expect you to mount the battery where it would need venting, if it's anything other than a gel battery it will have a vent to push the tube onto (it might have a plug in at the moment) and unless it is able to naturally vent to outside you need to use the tube.

And yes the cables are not very heavy but if you are just running normal habitation stuff I don't see a problem.

Martin

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Your definitive answer is unlikely as the knowledge is there but people dont want to make decisions for you, how you spend your money , as different people have different priorities , and financial values, and dont know what yours are , eg the cables are marginal , will cope but not rolls royce standard in my opinion . Your choice etc .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
(y) best advice on here ..

fit them and forget.. and the cables are more than adequate for what is required.
im glad that jim has said that, i would have but would have been condemed as not knowing what i was talking about.
the cables have been big enough up to now and presumeably were when they were put in so whats changed.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
To much information,they are ok mate,fit em,and go and enjoy

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Didnt think you can have too much information on a technical question , but there you go :)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Depends if it's confusing, sometimes yes or no will do,it's nice to have that knowledge,and I will note it.
I didn't mean to offend,I just say as is

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Didnt think you can have too much information on a technical question , but there you go :)

it's easy to bamboozle someone with too much technical information ... a simple question generally only requires a simple answer.

sometimes posts are filled with technical jargon (much of it conflicting) that is of no value to the OP.. and only serves to confuse further, much of it copy and pasted and probably not fully understood by the poster either.

I could fill pages with technical information, electrical theory, equations, cable sizing charts, on-line tools, batteries, etc etc ..

I always try to keep it simple.. if the OP needs deeper understanding there are plenty of excellent sites he can study.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Depends if it's confusing, sometimes yes or no will do,it's nice to have that knowledge,and I will note it.
I didn't mean to offend,I just say as is
Not offended , we are all entitled to have an opinion :)

OP
OP
AlynRuthBH

AlynRuthBH

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
Think this thread needs to be closed now but nice to know there are people willing to give a helping hand cheers everyone can, I close this thread or does admin have to do it ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Think this thread needs to be closed now but nice to know there are people willing to give a helping hand cheers everyone can, I close this thread or does admin have to do it ?

only Admin can close a thread.. and that is rarely done unless it has descended into a fight .. :boxing:

threads are occasionally revived, even years later, by another member having a similar question.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Just unwatch thread

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We could keep this going for months still and really get our monies worth(y)

Martin

PS if you ask a question on fun there will always be more than one answer and it won't be a straight Yes or No.

Martin

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
These batteries are pretty much the same as the one you are replacing so fine. Do check if there are plastic plugs in the vent holes on the ends of the new batteries. These MUST be removed and the vent pipe(s) connected to the resulting holes. If plugs left in the batteries will swell, I've seen it happen. The gases cannot escape.

OP
OP
AlynRuthBH

AlynRuthBH

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
Ok as I said before thanks for all you input, good to know there's people out there ready to helpin any way can

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why would you want to do that, everyone enjoys a good battery & toilet threads.:D

Also considered a rude to not report back telling us what you have done, after getting advice.

OP
OP
AlynRuthBH

AlynRuthBH

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
7 years
Had I taken the advice to stop watching the thread I would’ve seen your reply so I will report back once it’s stopped raining and I’ve fitted the batteries

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back