Two hours or so drive from Eurotunnel Calais. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
You little devil.
Confession time. I'd been driving around for two months without ever using the mode button. Impressed with how it could overtake quite briskly.

Then found out it was in the 'power' mode by default. Tried it in 'eco' and decided that mode should never be used to overtake idiots on the motorway. Especially on an incline.

Eco has now been christened 'Eight wheel Scammel' mode. If you've ever been in one you'll know what I mean.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Like all the suggestions but for a wedding anniversary I would go that bit further to Honfleur. Town and harbour are beautiful!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Let time I was there it was a Bastille Day. The local yahoos were firing thunder flashes at each other across the inner harbour. It was like the battle of the Somme.

OP
OP
daveclare
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Honfleur is indeed very nice. We've been there a couple of times. But the aire where we were was much nicer than the Honfleur aire imho.

How about this Lenny, for an Honfleur 'bargain!!'. An Aperol, coffee and water €22.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Honfleur town is indeed lovely, but when we visited in 2019 the aire was awful! Large area of rough ground with around 100 vans parked there😖. Lots of the hook ups not working too. Very frustrating. Noisy aire and vans too close together. Would suggest a day visit and stay on another aire. Of course it may be better now, I’m sure other Funsters will comment and guide you too. Enjoy🍷

ChrisB564

Free Member
Mar 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class
Honfleur town is indeed lovely, but when we visited in 2019 the aire was awful! Large area of rough ground with around 100 vans parked there😖. Lots of the hook ups not working too. Very frustrating. Noisy aire and vans too close together. Would suggest a day visit and stay on another aire. Of course it may be better now, I’m sure other Funsters will comment and guide you too. Enjoy🍷
I was in Honfleur 2 weeks ago. Agree with everything said previously. Aire is 11 euros per night. Don't visit on a Sunday. The town is absolutely packed with French day trippers. Also a good place to get tested on your way home and fog worming. Other suggestions if you go further are Saumur on the Loire, Coulon in the Vendee. The prettiest village we stumbled across on our way home (we never do tolls) is Fraimbault, its a gardeners paradise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back