DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We did a bird of šŸ¦ watching this morning. The first place we stopped had many shapeless white blobs out on the water. A second look through binoculars revealed them to be sleeping flamingos! But things improved during the morning.

A lot of the Delta is used to grow rice but there are extensive reed beds and stretches of open water as the aerial view shows.

Screenshot_20230411_173733_Maps.jpg

We spent most of our time around the lake called El Clot which you can see lower left above. The campsite reception had given us a handy guide in English which showed the main areas worth visiting, even listing what birds you might see.

The marshy bits look like this. Photo taken from one of several viewing platforms. You can see next to nothing at road level. This place is very flat. :)

PXL_20230411_094309325.jpg

P4116690.jpg

There were hundreds of Black-winged stilts everywhere. This is the one-legged variety, taking its cue from the sleeping flamingos.

P4116677.jpg

Two and one-legged ones here.

P4116663.jpg

Then we spotted a large dark bird. A Glossy ibis, and a first for me.

P4116685.jpg

Others followed but just in ones and two.

P4116694.jpg

P4116696.jpg

Until we came to this field, which was covered in dark dots.

PXL_20230411_100542267.jpg

Zoomed in a bit they were revealed as more Glossy ibis. This is only a fraction of them, there might have been three hundred in total. (note the flying one at the top.

PXL_20230411_100548435.jpg

Common terns and more sleeping flamingos.

P4116672.jpg

Some visitors were slightly better equipped than us...

P4116698.jpg

But luck always plays a big part in bird watching. Towards the end of the morning as I was driving along what looked like an overgrown moorhen flew across the road in front of us before dropping into a reed-fringed ditch. But it wasn't a moorhen on steroids as it had very long, heavy and above all red legs. I double checked my book and it could only have been....
....but never mind that, was it still visible in the ditch?

I couldn't exactly pinpoint where it had landed and I was about ten feet out with my reckoning. As I peered between the reeds there was heavy splashing off to my left and I got a brief glimpse of a very white rump surrounded by bluish plumage vanish into the undergrowth.

But that white rump and red legs were enough to confirm the bird as a Purple swamphen as they are now called. They used to be known as Purple galinules.

Another first for me of course and it nicely rounded off our little birding trip.

Back at the campsite I improved my knowledge of CatalƔn by taking our rubbish to the bins. :)

PXL_20230411_080841385.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We did a bird of šŸ¦ watching this morning. The first place we stopped had many shapeless white blobs out on the water. A second look through binoculars revealed them to be sleeping flamingos! But things improved during the morning.

A lot of the Delta is used to grow rice but there are extensive reed beds and stretches of open water as the aerial view shows.

View attachment 737971

We spent most of our time around the lake called El Clot which you can see lower left above. The campsite reception had given us a handy guide in English which showed the main areas worth visiting, even listing what birds you might see.

The marshy bits look like this. Photo taken from one of several viewing platforms. You can see next to nothing at road level. This place is very flat. :)

View attachment 737967

View attachment 737975

There were hundreds of Black-winged stilts everywhere. This is the one-legged variety, taking its cue from the sleeping flamingos.

View attachment 737976

Two and one-legged ones here.

View attachment 737970

Then we spotted a large dark bird. A Glossy ibis, and a first for me.

View attachment 737968

Others followed but just in ones and two.

View attachment 737965

View attachment 737966

Until we came to this field, which was covered in dark dots.

View attachment 737972

Zoomed in a bit they were revealed as more Glossy ibis. This is only a fraction of them, there might have been three hundred in total. (note the flying one at the top.

View attachment 737977

View attachment 737969

Some visitors were slightly better equipped than us...

View attachment 737973

But luck always plays a big part in bird watching. Towards the end of the morning as I was driving along what looked like an overgrown moorhen flew across the road in front of us before dropping into a reed-fringed ditch. But it wasn't a moorhen on steroids as it had very long, heavy and above all red legs. I double checked my book and it could only have been....
....but never mind that, was it still visible in the ditch?

I couldn't exactly pinpoint where it had landed and I was about ten feet out with my reckoning. As I peered between the reeds there was heavy splashing off to my left and I got a brief glimpse of a very white rump surrounded by bluish plumage vanish into the undergrowth.

But that white rump and red legs were enough to confirm the bird as a Purple swamphen as they are now called. They used to be known as Purple galinules.

Another first for me of course and it nicely rounded off our little birding trip.

Back at the campsite I improved my knowledge of CatalƔn by taking our rubbish to the bins. :)

View attachment 737974
I realise Iā€™m at risk of being sent to Coventry for profanity
but this did make me smile! šŸŖ–
1681234282388.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Quick update. We've moved to the Bonterra Resort in Benicassim and in doing so moved from a place where we didn't hear English voices to one where we are surrounded by them! :)

Charlie is booked into the vets tomorrow for his EU pet passport, which is the only reason we are here. If all goes to plan we will leave on Saturday.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Our mission to Spain has been a success!

PXL_20230414_105358639.jpg

Valid for 3 years too. :) Many thanks to all those who offered advice and particularly maz as the chief "trouble maker" on this issue!

So now Charlie has an EU passport does that mean we can get one too, a bit like Irish passports if you have relatives from Ireland? I'm happy to receive the rabies jab and be wormed if necessary.... :)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. What have we been doing?

On Wednesday I sat in a wood near the campsite playing with my radio.

PXL_20230412_100144809.jpg

If the mast looks to be leaning a bit that is because it was. :) The ground was sandy at the top but directly below the thin layer of sand it was like rock and I couldn't get my mast support in properly.

The aim was to take part in two radio activities, the US one called POTA which stands for Parks On The Air and the European WWFF which stands for World Wide Flora and Fauna. In both schemes the Ebro Delta is a designated site so if you set up and start broadcasting you can submit your log afterwards and claim the activation to both schemes!

Which was what I did, including three contacts across the Pond and the rest in Europe.

earth_postcard_1681481312.jpg

earth_postcard_1681481417.jpg

There are a lot of us sad ham folk about!

We are off tomorrow on a longish drive to the place where Mrs DBK broke her arm a few years ago. We have warned the local hospital.

But we've enjoyed our short stay in Benicassim. Tomorrow back to mountains!

PXL_20230414_154431057 (1).jpg

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
A little tip to a former Cumbrian....

We have stayed at Bonterra several times and one of our "must visit" places whilst there is a small supermarket on Carre Bisbe Serrer which is known as Windy Alley which leads from the campsite to the beach.

Screenshot_20230414-193804_Maps.jpg

Not many campers use it because of the proximimity of Lidl and Mercadona, but they have a wonderful selection of wines and spirits and although they cannot compete with aforementioned supermarkets price wise, they have a lot of choice that you will not find in the bigger stores.

Look in particular at either of the two checkouts and they always had some nondescript wine boxes with bottles of wine with very small(comparatively) labels on. Think 2"x1" stamp size. These were inevitably Rioja and are surplus from the bogedas. They were about ā‚¬1.50 last time we bought any and they were very good indeed.

It was also our go to source for Pedro X(J)iminez Sherry which we don't normally drink, as a drink, but drizzle on Cappuccino Ice Cream and other sweets.

Enjoy

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Many thanks for your efforts keeping this issue alive and identifying solutions, even if they do involve roughing it in Benicassim! :)

View attachment 739192
DBK Our friends tried to get the PP here in Los Alcazares but learned the rabies is only valid for one year so despite the PP being valid for 3 years they had to keep coming back here to get the annual booster.
Is this right or could they get a 3 year jab next year in UK on their Spanish PP do you know or us yours a 3 year jab, if so which vet did you use?

We found the same thing with British/Irish accents every here all week so far (Easter holidays) and in Mojocar a couple of weeks ago but without the children.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
DBK Our friends tried to get the PP here in Los Alcazares but learned the rabies is only valid for one year so despite the PP being valid for 3 years they had to keep coming back here to get the annual booster.
Is this right or could they get a 3 year jab next year in UK on their Spanish PP do you know or us yours a 3 year jab, if so which vet did you use?

We found the same thing with British/Irish accents every here all week so far (Easter holidays) and in Mojocar a couple of weeks ago but without the children.
It seems to vary from region to region. The passport we have got today is definitely valid until this time in 2026.

But the critical point is only an EU vet can add a new vaccination to the passport. Don't let a UK vet near it, even if as ours did they recommended we get an EU passport!

Dec 16, 2017
AlmuƱƩcar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
An elderly German couple that own a butcher shop are minding the store one day, selling all sorts of meats and sausages when in walks a man with a bird under his arm.
The shopkeeper asks the man if he can help him and the man says "Yes, I would like to trade this bird for a few of your famous sausages."
After haggling over quantity of sausages to bird ratio, the butcher agrees and he trades his remaining stock of sausages for the bird.
After locking the bird in the back room, the butcher's furious wife comes running up to him screaming "What have you done??"
She then realizes that due to his advanced age and diminishing mental capacity, he has taken a Tern for the Wurst.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
An elderly German couple that own a butcher shop are minding the store one day, selling all sorts of meats and sausages when in walks a man with a bird under his arm.
The shopkeeper asks the man if he can help him and the man says "Yes, I would like to trade this bird for a few of your famous sausages."
After haggling over quantity of sausages to bird ratio, the butcher agrees and he trades his remaining stock of sausages for the bird.
After locking the bird in the back room, the butcher's furious wife comes running up to him screaming "What have you done??"
She then realizes that due to his advanced age and diminishing mental capacity, he has taken a Tern for the Wurst.
Groan index on 10.:)

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A longish drive of about two and half hours, almost all on the free motorway has brought us to Camping Vall de Laguar, which is inland from DĆ©nia, although many Funsters might prefer to consider it as directly north of Benidorm. :)

Screenshot_20230415_144923_Maps.jpg

I wasn't expecting the site to be busy but it seems in this region they have two Easters and this weekend is the second! Which explains why the place is almost full but fortunately there was a pitch free for us.

We have been here before although it was 7 or 8 years ago but we remember it well as Mrs DBK slipped on a local walk and broke her wrist. This is why I know where DĆ©nia hospital is. The same man in charge of the site then is still here and remembered Mary when they met again today. Ivan speaks good English and is very helpful.

This is the view from just above the site.

PXL_20230415_134635397.jpg

There are lots of paths and minor roads in the area and we will try again the fateful walk which we didn't complete last time. Many of the walks pass little orchards.

PXL_20230415_140515220.jpg

Feb 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0T
Exp
Since 2002
I'm running out of ideas for titles of the "Two Go" trips we've made over the last few years but "Exploring" probably about sums up our aims for this one. The idea is to find some out of the way places away from the popular spots though we will be visiting civilisation from time to time, we don't plan to rough it all the time.

Yesterday we boarded the Pont Aven at Plymouth and set sail for Santander on the north coast of Spain. The boarding was a shock as we encountered queues at Plymouth for the first time ever. This was going to be a busy ship on its first sailing to Spain from Plymouth in 2023.

View attachment 733459

The Pont Aven used to be regarded as Brittany Ferries' flag ship but I don't think that's the case anymore, although I could be wrong. :) She has had a bit of a refit recently but not much has changed internally, new carpets in the Piano Bar and Flora restaurant but otherwise she's the same old vessel - and we like her! :)

The weather was not encouraging, the shipping forecast for Plymouth and Biscay where we were heading was sea state rough to very rough and winds rising to Force 8. :(

It was bumpy at times but not too much. The worst was the rain in the evening - walking Charlie on the dog exercise deck in rain and gusty wind was not pleasant. Fortunately, Charlie wasn't enjoying it either and did what was required fairly promptly.

We had booked a table in the Flora restaurant but the latest we could eat was 18:30, the last sitting was full but that was only 18:45. I'm not sure if these timing are always like that or this was a one off because afterwards two groups of disabled young people were called in, one after the other after all the rest of us had finished. Perhaps they do have later bookings but they had been pre-booked somehow?

But it matters not and eating early by our standards reduced the pre-dinner alcohol intake, and probably for the better, a glass of a CĆ³te de Provence was ā‚¬8. :oops:

The restaurant has also suffered a bit of price inflation and the menu is now ā‚¬42. :oops::oops:

But it wasn't a bad meal and after the Club Voyage discount the cost for two of us including a modest bottle of wine was about ā‚¬75. Extravagant perhaps but we take the trip as a one day cruise and enjoy ourselves. :)

The first course is a help yourself cold buffet.

View attachment 733425

Very easy to pile too much on your plate - I think I showed great restraint!

I had the Dish of the Day, some very well cooked pork, tender and not at all dry with potatoes and artichoke quarters, pea shoots and some unidentifiable fragments.

View attachment 733427

Mrs DBK went for mushroom stuffed pasta. It was nice but far too much for her.

View attachment 733432

I had cheese afterwards. There were five cheeses to begin with but I'd scoffed one before remembering to take a photo. Mrs DBK had a pudding of some sort (obviously not that full :) ) but I neglected to photograph it so you will just have to insert something yummy from your memory bank here.

View attachment 733433

This morning we awoke to....sunshine! What a difference being 300 miles or so south makes! The sea wasn't flat but it was better than it had been the previous evening.

Disembarking the ship was slow, it seemed to take ages before the ramp was lowered and we were also warned over the tannoy clearing the port would also be delayed. Being on the bottom vehicle deck has its advantages, you may be last to board but you are first off. And yes there was a long queue at the passport control as only two lanes were open but as we got there the number of lanes suddenly increased from two to at least six and we were soon through. But it was a false dawn as we then hit another queue where those with pets (mascotas) were shunted off to one side and in a tent Charlie was zapped for his microchip and his Ā£200 Animal Health Certificate officially endorsed to allow his entry into Spain. I'm not sure he appreciated this kindness as a little later he left a large puddle on the first bit of Spanish soil he encountered. šŸ¶

Coming out of Santander port Google Maps would have had me turning in all directions but I ignored the noises off and just followed the signs for Torrelavega where there are more supermarkets than you can shake a stick at in a small area. It was vwalan who put me on to this place for which many thanks. It's easily reached now from Santander as they have finished the dual carriageway although the very end just as you reach Torrelavega is still a bit of "work in progress". It is dual carriageway but you must get in the left hand lane early.

We shopped at Aldi then switched to Carrefour to find a travel hairdryer which fortunately they had. Mrs DBK's previous model had blown up in the cabin this morning! :)

From Torrelavega we headed south and by numerous tunnels and viaducts climbed up to nearly 900m to the free parking at Corconte, CamperContact 73256. (blue blob lower centre)

View attachment 733448

View attachment 733449

The parking here is close to the Embalse del Ebro and the source of the Ebro, Spain's longest river (possibly) is close by. We saw a sign for the source, the Nacimiento del RĆ­o Ebro on the way and I'm putting that down as "close enough". Just consider it as a drive-by visit to the source of the Ebro. We probably should have put in a swerve to see it as it's a noted beauty spot but on the basis we are avoiding crowds where possible I'm happy with our Close Encounter.

And that's about it so far on this trip. Taking the ruinously expensive ferry has at least allowed us, despite our late start to get ahead of Lenny HB who is still stuck in France dodging Molatov cocktails. :)

Reactions: DBK
Apr 20, 2022
London, UK
Funster No
MH
California vw
Exp
I'm running out of ideas for titles of the "Two Go" trips we've made over the last few years but "Exploring" probably about sums up our aims for this one. The idea is to find some out of the way places away from the popular spots though we will be visiting civilisation from time to time, we don't plan to rough it all the time.

Yesterday we boarded the Pont Aven at Plymouth and set sail for Santander on the north coast of Spain. The boarding was a shock as we encountered queues at Plymouth for the first time ever. This was going to be a busy ship on its first sailing to Spain from Plymouth in 2023.

View attachment 733459

The Pont Aven used to be regarded as Brittany Ferries' flag ship but I don't think that's the case anymore, although I could be wrong. :) She has had a bit of a refit recently but not much has changed internally, new carpets in the Piano Bar and Flora restaurant but otherwise she's the same old vessel - and we like her! :)

The weather was not encouraging, the shipping forecast for Plymouth and Biscay where we were heading was sea state rough to very rough and winds rising to Force 8. :(

It was bumpy at times but not too much. The worst was the rain in the evening - walking Charlie on the dog exercise deck in rain and gusty wind was not pleasant. Fortunately, Charlie wasn't enjoying it either and did what was required fairly promptly.

We had booked a table in the Flora restaurant but the latest we could eat was 18:30, the last sitting was full but that was only 18:45. I'm not sure if these timing are always like that or this was a one off because afterwards two groups of disabled young people were called in, one after the other after all the rest of us had finished. Perhaps they do have later bookings but they had been pre-booked somehow?

But it matters not and eating early by our standards reduced the pre-dinner alcohol intake, and probably for the better, a glass of a CĆ³te de Provence was ā‚¬8. :oops:

The restaurant has also suffered a bit of price inflation and the menu is now ā‚¬42. :oops::oops:

But it wasn't a bad meal and after the Club Voyage discount the cost for two of us including a modest bottle of wine was about ā‚¬75. Extravagant perhaps but we take the trip as a one day cruise and enjoy ourselves. :)

The first course is a help yourself cold buffet.

View attachment 733425

Very easy to pile too much on your plate - I think I showed great restraint!

I had the Dish of the Day, some very well cooked pork, tender and not at all dry with potatoes and artichoke quarters, pea shoots and some unidentifiable fragments.

View attachment 733427

Mrs DBK went for mushroom stuffed pasta. It was nice but far too much for her.

View attachment 733432

I had cheese afterwards. There were five cheeses to begin with but I'd scoffed one before remembering to take a photo. Mrs DBK had a pudding of some sort (obviously not that full :) ) but I neglected to photograph it so you will just have to insert something yummy from your memory bank here.

View attachment 733433

This morning we awoke to....sunshine! What a difference being 300 miles or so south makes! The sea wasn't flat but it was better than it had been the previous evening.

Disembarking the ship was slow, it seemed to take ages before the ramp was lowered and we were also warned over the tannoy clearing the port would also be delayed. Being on the bottom vehicle deck has its advantages, you may be last to board but you are first off. And yes there was a long queue at the passport control as only two lanes were open but as we got there the number of lanes suddenly increased from two to at least six and we were soon through. But it was a false dawn as we then hit another queue where those with pets (mascotas) were shunted off to one side and in a tent Charlie was zapped for his microchip and his Ā£200 Animal Health Certificate officially endorsed to allow his entry into Spain. I'm not sure he appreciated this kindness as a little later he left a large puddle on the first bit of Spanish soil he encountered. šŸ¶

Coming out of Santander port Google Maps would have had me turning in all directions but I ignored the noises off and just followed the signs for Torrelavega where there are more supermarkets than you can shake a stick at in a small area. It was vwalan who put me on to this place for which many thanks. It's easily reached now from Santander as they have finished the dual carriageway although the very end just as you reach Torrelavega is still a bit of "work in progress". It is dual carriageway but you must get in the left hand lane early.

We shopped at Aldi then switched to Carrefour to find a travel hairdryer which fortunately they had. Mrs DBK's previous model had blown up in the cabin this morning! :)

From Torrelavega we headed south and by numerous tunnels and viaducts climbed up to nearly 900m to the free parking at Corconte, CamperContact 73256. (blue blob lower centre)

View attachment 733448

View attachment 733449

The parking here is close to the Embalse del Ebro and the source of the Ebro, Spain's longest river (possibly) is close by. We saw a sign for the source, the Nacimiento del RĆ­o Ebro on the way and I'm putting that down as "close enough". Just consider it as a drive-by visit to the source of the Ebro. We probably should have put in a swerve to see it as it's a noted beauty spot but on the basis we are avoiding crowds where possible I'm happy with our Close Encounter.

And that's about it so far on this trip. Taking the ruinously expensive ferry has at least allowed us, despite our late start to get ahead of Lenny HB who is still stuck in France dodging Molatov cocktails. :)
Hi

Apr 20, 2022
London, UK
Funster No
MH
California vw
Exp
Hi have a great trip. I read your books when I was researching and debating whether to take the plunge, thank you for the inspiration we are loving our travels.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Our friends tried to get the PP here in Los Alcazares but learned the rabies is only valid for one year s
As said that is because they had it done inMurcia region which has a law stating yearly rabies jabs for dogs,cats, & ferrets.
Is this right or could they get a 3 year jab next year in UK on their Spanish PP do you know or us yours a 3 year jab,
They must never let a UK vet put anything in the PP as it invalidates it- they can get a 3 year jab in alicante .problem is if they had the PP issued in Murcia there is a possibility a cantankerous pedant who knows the rules could picƱ it up? I doubt it though.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Great post. Was the dog in the cabin or Kennel? Iā€™m cautious about the kennels so have been using Normandie ferry to Caen.
He was in the kennels and didn't seem stressed, despite it being a noisy place with general ship noises and barking dogs. I'm a believer in the idea he's a dog and can survive more or less anything. Providing I fed him at his expected times he seemed happy. A dog friendly cabin would be better but they never have them available when I book. I think you have to pounce as soon as the new timetable is released. :)

Feb 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0T
Exp
Since 2002
He was in the kennels and didn't seem stressed, despite it being a noisy place with general ship noises and barking dogs. I'm a believer in the idea he's a dog and can survive more or less anything. Providing I fed him at his expected times he seemed happy. A dog friendly cabin would be better but they never have them available when I book. I think you have to pounce as soon as the new timetable is released. :)
Thank you. Think Iā€™m too soft!!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We resumed a walk today which we started several years ago but didn't complete as it ended with a diversion to the local hospital after Mrs DBK took a tumble.

Screenshot_20230416_162623_Chrome.jpg

The campsite is on the left on the map above and the route goes anti-clockwise. Our first attempt in 2015 or 2016 ended in the green area near where "Umbria" is written. Today we got safely past this point! :)

PXL_20230416_082846632.jpg

PXL_20230416_082247309.jpg

This part of the route goes through land which was terraced a very long time ago and which is now completely overgrown - note the size of the pine trees which have established themselves after cultivation ended.

Most of the path is fine but where you descend from one terrace level to the next one down there is a sort of rough ramp, on which Mrs DBK did her Eddie the Eagle impression when she slid on the smooth, hard surface dotted by little pebbles.

There was a second stretch of this sort of terrain a bit later but it was significantly more challenging with not so much short ramps as long and steep slides.

We retreated and after another couple of false starts just used the road and completed the walk along a much nicer stretch of paths.

On this bit we came across a large font filled with the clear water typical of this area.

PXL_20230416_092605728.jpg

An early infinity pool I think. :)

On another font was this sign.

PXL_20230416_101847169.jpg

The top say untreated water in Spanish. The bottom says the same in I think Valencian, which is a dialect of Catalan.

Like any well planned route it took us by a bar as we neared the end of the walk.

PXL_20230416_095119430.jpg

Beside which was this interesting old olive press.

PXL_20230416_100745812.jpg

It took us two hours and the GPS said we had covered 6.5km. The route was well signposted but harder in places than we expected. :)

PXL_20230416_093004670.jpg

Might choose something easier for tomorrow!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Somewhat more H&S explicit is the sign at the spring at the foot of the South Downs near me......

View attachment 739817

The Lord giveth............

View attachment 739818

And the Council taketh away........

View attachment 739819

The water here says "untreated" as a sort of legal disclaimer I think. There is a font just above the campsite where folk arrive in vehicles full of empty plastic bottles which they fill.

They either come for the water purity - or they are on water meters!

But we filled our water bottles from it and have detected no adverse effects....

..... yet. :)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Thank you. Think Iā€™m too soft!!
First choice is definitely DFC but if you are left with the one choice you have to think of your criteria not the Dogs, Nobody could love there Dog more than me and when necessary l have had to choose the Kennels on a number of Ships over the years, l ensure he is Warm/Cool/Comfortable,watered,Fed,exercised and petted on my visits to see him during the sailing.

He is focused on one thing,you returning,they all are. look at thier eyes they donā€™t see you they are looking for thier owner.

Always no worse for the experience even though heā€™s in a Kennel.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
First choice is definitely DFC but if you are left with the one choice you have to think of your criteria not the Dogs, Nobody could love there Dog more than me and when necessary l have had to choose the Kennels on a number of Ships over the years, l ensure he is Warm/Cool/Comfortable,watered,Fed,exercised and petted on my visits to see him during the sailing.

He is focused on one thing,you returning,they all are. look at thier eyes they donā€™t see you they are looking for thier owner.

Always no worse for the experience even though heā€™s in a Kennel.
He seems to have survived the experience. Helping me write this blog at the moment.

PXL_20230416_171405496.jpg

Feb 19, 2023
France the Pyrenees
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 2002
Exp
Newby to Motorhome but not to traveling, caravaning and camping
Very true and they didn't even invent the process.

Christopher Merrett was the first person to describe the ā€˜methode champenoiseā€™ aka the traditional method of making Champagne, several years before Dom Perignon began experimenting.
Then if you ask who was first near Limoux in the Aude,11, they will say that the Blanquette de Limoux there was the earliest! I donā€™t know, but I like it and they make a half sweet Boules de Limoux, lovely, and pink!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back