Two bike cycle covers (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I've had a fiamma cycle cover for the last 15 years. But it has finally given up.Zip failed and started tearing. Are the new ones the same quality. Or can anyone recommend a good cover for two bikes.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We had a Hindermann bike cover for ours when we carried them on the back of the van which we would recommend.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
I got mine from Go Outdoors cheap as chips (used to be). I thought I'm bound to destroy it in short order as it's taken on and off most days and cost less to replace.
However, it's been very durable. The only damage seems to be around the pocket which holds the chevron card.
So, for me Go Outdoors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Just bought one from Taylor Made and absolutely delighted with it!

In a different league in terms of quality and robustness compared to the Fiamma ones (we've got through two in 5 years).

A bit more expensive but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Which of the bags have zips or buckles? We are looking for a new cover but id like a heavy duty one.

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I have just bought a Taylor Made Ebike cover.Seems well made and tough material.It has a bungie rope around the bottom that pulls tight and double velcro split at the back .Very easy to fit.I had a fiamma before which was good but this seems better quality material. And was a pain to fit.Time will tell.My fiamma lasted 17 years.The zip went and had started to deteriorate.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We bought the Fiamma one a while ago but it’s almost useless and barely fits 2 electric bikes.

Still undecided which one to buy.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
We bought the Fiamma one a while ago but it’s almost useless and barely fits 2 electric bikes.

Still undecided which one to buy.
Us too! Firmly in the 'Used to be indecisive , now I'm not so sure' category. Or should that be 'tentatively'?I really cannot decide ...

Swithering, but TaylorMade is looking the strongest contender. Looks more designed than Bags4everything [we bought trailer tent [custom] + caravan wheel covers and a jockey wheel cover and they still work well and look decent despite being rammed into storage boxes repeatedly, so no complaints or concerns. But Taylormade just seems that bit better thought through with the slits for the securing arms etc. Might give them a call later.

Steve

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Us too! Firmly in the 'Used to be indecisive , now I'm not so sure' category. Or should that be 'tentatively'?I really cannot decide ...

Swithering, but TaylorMade is looking the strongest contender. Looks more designed than Bags4everything [we bought trailer tent [custom] + caravan wheel covers and a jockey wheel cover and they still work well and look decent despite being rammed into storage boxes repeatedly, so no complaints or concerns. But Taylormade just seems that bit better thought through with the slits for the securing arms etc. Might give them a call later.

Steve
I emailed Taylormade a few days ago but still awaiting a reply. This seems to be my first choice too but still would've like one with zips.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
I emailed Taylormade a few days ago but still awaiting a reply. This seems to be my first choice too but still would've like one with zips.
Our bikes have been on the back of the van in all weathers for about 6 weeks and it took me over 1 hour yesterday to remove the surface rust from chains, gear sprockets etc and to regrease. My worry with zips would be the risk of jamming [but not in a Bob Marley kind of way ...] with the rain and humidity. Velcro seems more durable and repairable; and it should be easier to open partially to let out and wee puddles that might form in transit.

But, there again, the Hinderman [spelling?] with its anti mildew coating has its appeal ... It's not as though we have Tour de France handbuilt bikes to worry about; they're a couple old bikes that owe us nothing, and for our modest '7 mile marathons' [on a good day], as long as my Brooks leather saddle doesn't get ruined in the rain, I ain't too worried! P'raps a carrier bag over the saddle might be best. And cheapest :LOL:

Steve

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Phoned Taylormade this afternoon and ordered the '2 Slit 2 Bike' Cover. Should arrive next Thursday or Friday. Really good and friendly Customer Service, with friendly concern expressed about my ability to get the Cover over the bikes at a 'working height' of about 2.35m [to the top of the handlebars]. I suspect it will involve the caravan step, a broom stale [fresh would be too soft ... ;) ], and lots of Anglo Saxon vocabulary of the more colourful variety ... BBC could be redesignated as 'Bl**dy Bike Cover' [or worse].

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back