Turn Signal problems (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
Our 2016 Peugeot Boxer has a big problem with the indicators or "Turn Signals" as it displays. When I operate the indicators the indicator green arrow and the sound are normal except there is no turn signals front or back operating. Then within a few seconds of this the green indicator on the instument panel starts flashing very quickly.This is followed by a yellow triangle and a message "Check turn signal left" then Check Turn signal right". I did "waggle" some connections below the steering wheel and it started to work properly. However, this was short lived and the problem is still there .If I use the hazard warning all indicators work. When I set the alarm all indicators work. This means,at least to me that the bulbs/circuits are in good order. Could this be the flasher uni? I really have no idea.can anybody help please?

OP
OP
PeterE1947
Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
To be sure there are lots of cables/connections but they all look good. Coincidence? Anyone got a wring diagram?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I had a similar problem on my Renault Master van but it was down to the switch within the indicator stalk. I got a replacement from a scrapyard that came off a similar age Renault Scenic, it was nearly two months later that I realised the replacement didn't have the horn function on the end of the stalk !

OP
OP
PeterE1947
Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
Oops!! Its a possibility but I hope its not. That stalk contains the lights as well.Thank you for the reply,much appreciated.

OP
OP
PeterE1947
Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
I have also noticed the odometer is flashing.Er!! is it supposed to?

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
I have also noticed the odometer is flashing.Er!! is it supposed to?
That indicates an error detected in the configuration of the ECU network. There is no flasher unit as such, the lamps are internally controlled by the Body Control Module, which is the primary ECU on the network.

You could try rebooting the BCM by disconnecting and reconnecting the vehicle battery. To do this, you need to prepare as you should only disconnect and reconnect the battery with all doors having been shut for at least 10 minutes and with the ignition off and key removed - so you need to be in the van with preparatory work to access the battery already having been carried out.

The fact that it works after wiggling the wiring does suggest a possible faulty wiring connection though.

A system reconfiguration might be needed to cure the flashing odometer (a proxi alignment completed with suitable diagnostic equipment) but if you have access to that sort of equipment it would be best to check for any fault codes first, as that may indicate whether the indicators are the cause or an effect of the problem, as well as possibly narrowing down the area and cause of the fault.

OP
OP
PeterE1947
Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
Cheers Deneb. I actually found the fault (problem) in the wiring loom under the dash. I'd had an alarm fitted and the fitter had forgotten to insulate the feeds to the indicators! He did come back and rectified his mistake. I have tried to interrogate the ecu with my obd reader but it fails with an error (Link Error) It might mean the fuse is missing, (wherever that is). Also, the steering wheel controls don't work properly. Perhaps another reason to reset the body computer. Anyway many thanks for your help it is much appreciated. The 'van is in for some after sales repair so I will have a go when we get it back.

OP
OP
PeterE1947
Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
The flashing odometer has finally been fixed. It was down to the installation kit that was supplied,it was the wrong one!! Thanks go to Connects2 for investigating and confirmed I had been supplied with the wrong kit. The company that supplied the original kit sent out the right one for the next day.I fitted it and Hooray!! it all works as it should and no odometer flashing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back