Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Keithr

Free Member
Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey 730
Suddenly thought winter in turkey might make a change from spain and portugal,
So looking for any info or advice from anyone whos done it. Weve done morocco many times, but that is just a hop over the water from spain, but turkey looks a different proposition. There seems to be 2 potential entry routes, istanbul to antalya, and lapseki to izmir, bith crossing a number of countries. I understand the weather is pretty much the sane as spain (supposefly averaging 15°). Are many campsites open???

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
There is a guy in the Burstner owner club called Rief van Schoor. He has extensive knowledge of motorhoming in Turkey. From what I can see it looks really great. You could try his blogs.
Phil

Reactions: f6c

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
We did Jan to March this year. Was bloody freezing, though depending who you listened to it was coldest winter for 50 years. Wouldn’t do it again that time of year again. We went Canakkale ferry going and the new bridge on the way back.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Suddenly thought winter in turkey might make a change from spain and portugal,
So looking for any info or advice from anyone whos done it. Weve done morocco many times, but that is just a hop over the water from spain, but turkey looks a different proposition. There seems to be 2 potential entry routes, istanbul to antalya, and lapseki to izmir, bith crossing a number of countries. I understand the weather is pretty much the sane as spain (supposefly averaging 15°). Are many campsites open???
Weather in winter in Turkey not as good as Spain or Morrocco,,too far east,,Better than UK though.If you want an insight into Turkey look at Tread the Globe on YouTube,,they spent 18 months there during Covid.BUSBY.

OP
OP
K

Keithr

Free Member
Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey 730
Weather in winter in Turkey not as good as Spain or Morrocco,,too far east,,Better than UK though.If you want an insight into Turkey look at Tread the Globe on YouTube,,they spent 18 months there during Covid.BUSBY.
Thanks folks, all rather depressing, but we will have to give it some thought. Next year might be the hottest on record!!! The other thought is that it is a route we havent done so would be interesting, and we can abort at any time!! Or do it at a different time got a headache now😣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
Turkey is a magical place to tour, we spent Feb to Jun there this year.

it was the coldest winter for 50 years but still water than the UK. Much warmer in the med coast than elsewhere, snow in the mountains.
Quite warm on the coast in the sun but with a biting wind.

Go for it you'll love it!

Sep 19, 2021
Epsom, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T685
Exp
Since 2022
We're heading for Turkey's west coast in the next week or two - will let you know how warm/cold it gets.
Currently in Bulgaria where it's forecast 22c tomorrow!

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
We are going next yr, I would like to know what restrictions on cats there might be ?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Can I ask are people not a bit nervous about being near Turkey or Eastern European countries given what’s going on in the Ukraine.

Just wondering.

Sep 19, 2021
Epsom, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T685
Exp
Since 2022
We've been very aware of how close we were to Ukraine and Russia while traveling through Baltic's and Poland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Can I ask are people not a bit nervous about being near Turkey or Eastern European countries given what’s going on in the Ukraine.

Just wondering.
Don't think the fighting will spread into Turkey,,,BUSBY..

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner

Just wondering.
Driven down the Norway Finland borders of russia this last summer. No not bothered, unless Russia drops a bomb on purpose in NATO country.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We have a villa booked in daylan turkey by my brother in law in May for 2 weeks. We are invited we just have to pay to get there.
We are back from backpack travels in South America in March and we are really tempted to try to do greece and possibly turkey from March onwards but do I want to leave my comfort zone of tapas and cerveza for mythos and meze. Not sure but what's a motorhome for but to explore.
Anyway I shall keep reading the threads which mention greece and turkey.

Sep 19, 2021
Epsom, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T685
Exp
Since 2022
Hi,

Just saw your message.

We're over in Turkey right now looking for a villa that will fit a motorhome on the driveway. Does this one you mention have such a space?

Cheers
We have a villa booked in daylan turkey by my brother in law in May for 2 weeks. We are invited we just have to pay to get there.
We are back from backpack travels in South America in March and we are really tempted to try to do greece and possibly turkey from March onwards but do I want to leave my comfort zone of tapas and cerveza for mythos and meze. Not sure but what's a motorhome for but to explore.
Anyway I shall keep reading the threads which mention greece and turkey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back