Tunnel - Frequent Traveller Warning (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We have Frequent Traveller tickets that were extended from the first lockdown. In our case until 27/6/21. Following the news yesterday I tried to book out late June and back early July only to be told my account had expired. Cut a long story short, I managed to contact them eventually via chat, I hate that!!!!, to be told that although yes, all FT tickets were being extended until 31/12/21, that process won't take place for several weeks!. She also confirmed that there is limited FT space on each crossing, and once that space is allocated there is no more. I asked what would happen if all the space was allocated by the time the tickets were extended, and she replied I should book early to ensure a space. The conversation then started going round in circles.
In our case I eventually booked to return before the existing expiry of our tickets

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I booked an ordinary ticket with them using my tesco vouchers back december 2019 for travel june 2020 , obviously had too cancel they gave me 6 monhs grace but come june this year it runs out no refund !! I have booked for June but not sure if I will go , as french dont seem so well vaccinated as UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
She also confirmed that there is limited FT space on each crossing, and once that space is allocated there is no more. I asked what would happen if all the space was allocated by the time the tickets were extended, and she replied I should book early to ensure a space.
That has always been the case that FT tickets are limited per crossing we generally find around peak dates to book the closest slot to the departure date required and then check and change on a regular basis.

Surprised you couldn't book as our account was extended until Feb 2022 back during the first lockdown and we can book for much later in the summer.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I'm the secondary partner on a Frequent Traveller account. Our 12-month account was due to expire during September 2020, but my friend received an email from Eurotunnel last summer stating the duration would be extended by 12 months until September 2021. (I didn't receive any such communication)

I went on the website yesterday and logged in to my account to try to make a booking, and could only see full retail prices, rather than the normal F/T prices. Couldn't get through on the phone or get a response on the online chat, to establish what was happening.

I appreciate the company is no doubt particularly busy, but must say I was somewhat disappointed - mostly because in the past, I've always been more than impressed by the quality of customer service.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We have Frequent Traveller tickets that were extended from the first lockdown. In our case until 27/6/21. Following the news yesterday I tried to book out late June and back early July only to be told my account had expired. Cut a long story short, I managed to contact them eventually via chat, I hate that!!!!, to be told that although yes, all FT tickets were being extended until 31/12/21, that process won't take place for several weeks!. She also confirmed that there is limited FT space on each crossing, and once that space is allocated there is no more. I asked what would happen if all the
In our case I eventually booked to return before the existing expiry of our tickets
Why not ask a friend to make a booking on the date you’re looking for, then if there’s no availability when you book, they could cancel their booking which would create space for you

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I only got through on chat. It tells you where you are in the queue on chat so you can go and make a cup of coffee
Yes, I think there were 50-something in front of me on the chat, and I decided it was not that urgent and I'd have to try again when the dust settles... ;)

Steve’n’Julie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 14, 2014
Malvern Worcestershire UK
Funster No
MH
McLouis Fusion
We had 2 crossings booked for last year, both with Tesco vouchers. Both were cancelled obviously and I received vouchers valid for 1 year to replace them, I talked to them yesterday as they were nearing the use by dates and subsequently the original replacement vouchers have been cancelled and 2 new vouchers issued with expiry in 2022

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not tesco voucher bookings, but when we had to change ours at the start of lockdown would only extend to 1year from the booking date, not the date of travel. Managed to have a phone conversation a few weeks ago, have to go online nearer the time and ’see what they can offer’ Now thinking should we try for September but imagine a lot of those will have gone already and will we want to go abroad so soon.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Just managed to bag a slot on the afternoon of the 17th with the Moho (i intended going sooner but had to change as our second jabs date is the 15th - so just want a bit of breathing space between jabbing and travelling)

i know large vehicles have less available slots, but to find they were all gone (other than additional premium time slot) must mean there are going to be a lot of motorhomes/campers and vans going over on the 17th, if youre one of them, bon voyage and see you on the other side !!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i tried to move my booking 2 days ago from early May to late Summer on FT and it would not let me saying it was past its use date, even though the expiry was extended to next Jan after the first lockdown.
i am waiting a reply from Eurotunnel.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I've booked late afternoon 15th June, when I did so lunchtime FT crossings were sold out already. I think the biggest problem is Eurotunnel's rule book, which seems to change with the weather :rolleyes: If the rules say only 5 FT spaces, for example, sometimes they're willing to send the train with only 5 vehicles on it. Other times they'll put on as many as will fit.
I really don't know why they take so long to extend to extend ticket validity though. They did the same during the first lock down.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I've booked late afternoon 15th June, when I did so lunchtime FT crossings were sold out already. I think the biggest problem is Eurotunnel's rule book, which seems to change with the weather :rolleyes: If the rules say only 5 FT spaces, for example, sometimes they're willing to send the train with only 5 vehicles on it. Other times they'll put on as many as will fit.
I really don't know why they take so long to extend to extend ticket validity though. They did the same during the first lock down.
What return date are you looking for and I’ll check availability

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I had tickets for last summer which we could not use. The run out before I can use them this year but Eurotunnel are not prepared to consider extending. They said a year to use was generous!! Won’t book in advance again.

Sep 11, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm the secondary partner on a Frequent Traveller account. Our 12-month account was due to expire during September 2020, but my friend received an email from Eurotunnel last summer stating the duration would be extended by 12 months until September 2021. (I didn't receive any such communication)

I went on the website yesterday and logged in to my account to try to make a booking, and could only see full retail prices, rather than the normal F/T prices. Couldn't get through on the phone or get a response on the online chat, to establish what was happening.

I appreciate the company is no doubt particularly busy, but must say I was somewhat disappointed - mostly because in the past, I've always been more than impressed by the quality of customer service.
when you book there is a box and you have to select the main wallet holders account

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I had tickets for last summer which we could not use. The run out before I can use them this year but Eurotunnel are not prepared to consider extending. They said a year to use was generous!! Won’t book in advance again.
Maybe you could try selling them cheaper on here. At least you will get something back and someone else will get cheaper. Win win!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We've just booked Frequent Traveller for lunchtime May 19th, I asked about extending the dates since there are 2 unused tickets and they said that they are at present organising extending them from June 29th until Dec 31. Hopefully if travel is not possible due to Covid period being extended for any reason then we can rebook for later.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Maybe you could try selling them cheaper on here. At least you will get something back and someone else will get cheaper. Win win!
frequent traveler & partner are the only ones that can use the tickets , there is 2 left to be used in our wallet, not sure if they will get used 😂

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
i tried to move my booking 2 days ago from early May to late Summer on FT and it would not let me saying it was past its use date, even though the expiry was extended to next Jan after the first lockdown.
i am waiting a reply from Eurotunnel.
I had the same thing when trying to amend online. When I phoned about it they were very helpful and changed my booking instantly.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I had the same thing when trying to amend online. When I phoned about it they were very helpful and changed my booking instantly.

they have now transferred the unused ticket back to the FT wallet (y)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Roughly how much do you save and what are the advantages of the FT scheme?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
FT scheme you have to buy 10 singles currently in the region of £480. then there is a motorhome supplement think that is still £12 per crossing. then there is any premium payments for travel outside basic travel times.

These are rough numbers ... so a single journey in a MH could be £48 +£12 = £60 on FT so approx £120 return but you would pay around £200 + on a normal return... these numbers may have changed slightly recently.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
FT scheme you have to buy 10 singles currently in the region of £480. then there is a motorhome supplement think that is still £12 per crossing. then there is any premium payments for travel outside basic travel times.

These are rough numbers ... so a single journey in a MH could be £48 +£12 = £60 on FT so approx £120 return but you would pay around £200 + on a normal return... these numbers may have changed slightly recently.
Last time I looked they was £540🤔🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back