Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

ChrisMN

Free Member
Apr 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hello Motorhomers, a newbie here. A bit of assistance if possible please.
The water heater and room heater work well on gas. It is fitted with the 240 v option for water heating but when hooked up and switched on, no hor water. There is 240 v going in as i have put a meter in it and there is a switched supply but the green light in the cabin switch does not illuminate. Have i missed something? Its a 2003 rapido.
Thanks in anticipation.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Sounds like the 240v elements have failed?
It happened to us. Fine on gas, no good on 240v.
It’s not a cheap fix, £200 approx for the kit, then fitting. Yours being a Rapido, chances are the unit is under the kitchen sink area. Your probably looking at £500+, if you take it to Truma headquarters in Derby.
You can buy a lot of gas for that.....
Not many continental vans have the 240v option, just gas.

Upvote 0

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
I have a 2004 Rapido with the same system. I have no "green light" that comes on but the heater does work on 240V. I think there is a specific fuse for hot water heating on the main fuseboard ( mine's under fixed bed at rear) - presume you have checked that? As Mr B says though, sounds like it might be a failure of the 240V heating element. At that price to fix it I would be inclined just to use gas I think!

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Sounds like the 240v elements have failed?
It happened to us. Fine on gas, no good on 240v.
It’s not a cheap fix, £200 approx for the kit, then fitting. Yours being a Rapido, chances are the unit is under the kitchen sink area. Your probably looking at £500+, if you take it to Truma headquarters in Derby.
You can buy a lot of gas for that.....
Not many continental vans have the 240v option, just gas.
Same with ours and yes its a Rapido so the hob has to come out to get to it. I haven't bothered to have it fixed and I doubt I will, I am happy with gas only and we hardly ever go on sites anyway.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a 2007 Rapido with the same heating and ours does work on EHU and there is a green light, also an amber one when its heating. The EHU is ok for water heating but pretty useless for actual heating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

ChrisMN

Free Member
Apr 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thank you for the replies. Rude of me to have replied last year.
It works fine now!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back