Truma iNet Update (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Good news if you have the new Truma touch screen. We retroffited this back in October. Currently in the C&MC site in Sandringham and woke up to the dawn chorus and a nice little surprise from Truma in the shape of an update containing a timer function. This was strangely omitted when the touch screen was released but now you can have the convenience of setting up to six timer functions, enabling you to come back from a day out to hot water and/or heating. So if you have the touch screen and haven't connected with your phones Bluetooth in a while, now's the time to do it and get this really useful update.

OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Good news if you have the new Truma touch screen. We retroffited this back in October. Currently in the C&MC site in Sandringham and woke up to the dawn chorus and a nice little surprise from Truma in the shape of an update containing a timer function. This was strangely omitted when the touch screen was released but now you can have the convenience of setting up to six timer functions, enabling you to come back from a day out to hot water and/or heating. So if you have the touch screen and haven't connected with your phones Bluetooth in a while, now's the time to do it and get this really useful update.
Just seen Cockers post on this. Got so excited by this update I forgot to check if anyone else had posted it!

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
Since 2012
Just seen Cockers post on this. Got so excited by this update I forgot to check if anyone else had posted it!
Great news but although I've got the update I can't find how to configure the timers in the app as mentioned below!!!!

20240324_075828.jpg

20240324_075929.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry but I can't seem to find where or how šŸ¤”

Screenshot_20240324_082031_iNet X.jpg

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Great news. Just updated but I had to restart the app to have access to the timers. iPhone 12.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
You mean retrofitting from this model? Easy enough to do?

Edit: Answered my own question and found some other threads.Might look at upgrading mine as the Inet box I need has been discontinued
1010212.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022

Edit: Answered my own question and found some other threads.Might look at upgrading mine as the Inet box I need has been discontinued
View attachment 878800

Just need to enlarge the hole widthways to install it. Otherwise itā€™s plug ā€˜nā€™ play. One annoying point is that the lower fixing screw holes for the original CP+ unit are not covered by the new iNetX panel, which annoys me every time I look at it. Going to fabricate a black Perspex bevel to cover them when I have the time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022

View attachment 878800
Yes. The new touch screen cost around Ā£200-250. You have to enlarge the cutout for the original panel as the new one is the same height but wider. Took me about 15 mins (they do provide a template). Then a simple wiring connection to the original wiring, add a 1amp inline fuse and you're away. Much, much better than the original and no messing with that damn knob that kept refusing to acknowledge my inputs.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Orion

Before I do something stupid.
Restarting the app ?
I have disconnected from Bluetooth a few times with no joy.
Do I need to delete the app and re-upload it ?
If I do, it will need reconnecting and unsure if this is password protected or not ? (Guess who might not know his password)
Screenshot_2024-03-25-08-13-53-04_f558d1d85679f6d22ac3292948c8d5f3.jpg

Edit, I now know my password so do I just delete and reinstall the app ?

Double edit: I am an internet gadgetry God.
I went to google play having realised my version of the app was not the current version, I chose inetx and it told me I already had it installed (so I knew it was the right one) and I chose the option to update it and can now see timers at the bottom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Orion

Restarting the app ?
If I do, it will need reconnecting and unsure if this is password protected or not ? (Guess who might not know his password)View attachment 879189

I would. What have you got to lose as it will only take a few minutes.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Test worked and am now looking forward to a hot shower after the water has been on from 1909 to 2000 tonight.

Need to note it appears to be on a repeat daily so if you're not careful your heating could come in every day 0900 to 0905 and hot water 1900 to 2000.
Turning them off is simple as is deleting the timers, it's just a memory thing to actually press the button on the app

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
Orion

Restarting the app ?
If I do, it will need reconnecting and unsure if this is password protected or not ? (Guess who might not know his password)View attachment 879189

Double edit: I am an internet gadgetry God.
I went to google play having realised my version of the app was not the current version, I chose inetx and it told me I already had it installed (so I knew it was the right one) and I chose the option to update it and can now see timers at the bottom
You are indeed a gadget god. I had the same problems. Then I discovered your profound words of wisdom and used them to defeat the evil orcs of the Internet!

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Need to note it appears to be on a repeat daily so if you're not careful your heating could come in every day 0900 to 0905 and hot water 1900 to 2000.
The CP Plus repeated daily, I've emptied a couple of gas bottles forgetting to turn it off and the heater has been firing up every morning for a week or two after we have got back home. :cry:

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Yes. The new touch screen cost around Ā£200-250. You have to enlarge the cutout for the original panel as the new one is the same height but wider. Took me about 15 mins (they do provide a template). Then a simple wiring connection to the original wiring, add a 1amp inline fuse and you're away. Much, much better than the original and no messing with that damn knob that kept refusing to acknowledge my inputs.
Please excuse my ignorance as I'm lousy at this stuff - I want to upgrade the Truma panel in my 2021 Globecar Summit Prime to the new Truma inet x - have watched a couple of installation videos etc. One query is when adding the 1 amp inline fuse, is this just a case of cutting the existing positive 12v wire that was going into the existing unit and putting the fuse in and then connecting the new supplied wire to the new panel. In my case I believe that the positive 12v wire is the black wire on a German van (brown is negative).
Any guidance much appreciated.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
I think when I did the upgrade I found that there was already a fuse in the wiring but it was at the Truma heater end of the wiring, so at the supply end, which is what you want anyway to protect the wiring.

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Ok Thanks. Will have a look. I did notice on one of the online videos that the chap did not appear to put the supplied fuse in, so maybe thatā€™s the reason why.
Cheers

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back