Truma CP plus Elements not working (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2013
Mold
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
My Truma heater in our Adria Matrix SL 2018 is only working to half capacity on electric. I have been told by the reputable Adria dealer who I bought the vehicle from that it is likely one of the elements has packed up. They no longer provide single elements and I will have to purchase a combined component at a cost of Approx £800 + labour charge. My question is has anyone had similar experience of this problem. If so how was it resolved. Does anyone have any recommendations who might be able to carry this out. I live in N Wales on the border to Chester . There is no way I could take on repair myself as it is well out of my skill set.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Most of the cost is in the labour so little point in replacing only one element, the old one left behind would probably fail soon.

You could use gas and forget the 230V operation. The boilers perform far better on gas. If you are using exchangeable bottles with expensive gas you could use the £800 saved from not replacing the electrical elements on a refillable gas system instead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
For that kind of money it is probably better to replace the whole unit with a Truma combi D4E diesel heater, the old unit would be very saleable on EBay and the labour would be much cheaper as it’s one out and one in, only the fuel line to run, also you will get a great gas savings over time,
Both my electrical elements have failed so have decided that’s the easiest way around my problem,

OP
OP
Timbow
Jan 23, 2013
Mold
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks everyone so far for the good advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.